First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
from what I can see there has actually been some serious weather event in Vancouver that has washed away party of their major surrounding highways effectively leaving the entire area cut off from the rest of Canada. It just rained so much and I think this video shows it pretty well actually! Hopefully they can rebuild the highways soon.
There is currently no route between the Lower Mainland and the rest of Canada. All highways and rail lines are closed due to flooding, slides or washouts. There may be a logging road or two open but I doubt it. Sumas is flooded and I5 washed out south of Bellingham so pretty much 3 million people are stranded.

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just took some Teflon reel lube and lubed every hinge point and moving point I could find. Haha
haha, shotgun approach, i like it. gonna see if i can make my dealer do it first, then if they dont i will handle it on my own. thanks for the info!

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bad news on the sound from the rear- you will experience the same in thing in a hard top. Buddy has a 4 door hardtop badlands, and he has just as much noise from the rear as I do. Sad.
That is bad news!

PNWbroncoFam1977

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4Runner, 97 Montero, 2016 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stay strong neighbors!

Its been crazy over there. I have family in the Whidbey Island area and they said they miss the dry Tri-cities weather...LOL. I told them it Hasnt been all that dry here either though.

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@604Bronco @SnowBronco @Raskew How did you guys make out in the last couple of days? Everything okay?
I live closer to downtown, where the storm systems are a little more robust and we don't have to deal with run off from the mountains. I think the closet to me is almost 100km (60 miles) away. But like someone said all the roads in to the City have been washed out.

Allot of farms in the low lying areas lost live stock in the water. To date 8 people have died, some buried in landslides.

Not sure how it will affect our supply chain. We get allot of product from the ships, but anything that normally trucked across Canada, will have to be diverted through the states.

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@604Bronco @SnowBronco @Raskew How did you guys make out in the last couple of days? Everything okay?
I'm kinda still stuck on the island of Chilliwack... Did rescue the wife from Abby with some interesting crossings... And now I'm needing to clean the flood grime off the bronco... But it's been cold and raining.. little snow and wind now.. today seems better. So maybe after work. Main Highway still closed.. alternating traffic on one other route. Not much gas left out here, and milk/ bread/ cheese and that kinda daily stuff is hard to come by do to idiot pannic shoppers... But we have plenty of food. I fish.. and grow potatoes.. lmao

PNWbroncoFam1977

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm kinda still stuck on the island of Chilliwack... Did rescue the wife from Abby with some interesting crossings... And now I'm needing to clean the flood grime off the bronco... But it's been cold and raining.. little snow and wind now.. today seems better. So maybe after work. Main Highway still closed.. alternating traffic on one other route. Not much gas left out here, and milk/ bread/ cheese and that kinda daily stuff is hard to come by do to idiot pannic shoppers... But we have plenty of food. I fish.. and grow potatoes.. lmao
Happy to hear you guys are stocked up and safe. Makes me happy we still grow our own stuff and preserve and can goods ourselves just incase something like this should happen in our area.

Stay safe bud.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy to hear you guys are stocked up and safe. Makes me happy we still grow our own stuff and preserve and can goods ourselves just incase something like this should happen in our area.

Stay safe bud.
They are saying it's the worst natural disaster in Canadian history. A 500 year old storm

PNWbroncoFam1977

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are saying it's the worst natural disaster in Canadian history. A 500 year old storm
Its been crazy here in the Desert side of Washington state..... I think we have almost hit our annual rainfall in the last 2 weeks! We typically only see around 6" of precipitation for a year here.
Sponsored