First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it's been 5000 miles already! Imagine that... It's rained a lot, like a lot!! We've done a lot of offroad... Delt with some rattles, fixed some squeeks... Played with some modes and it's been my daily driver for three months getting better than advertised gas mileage! Here's how he's done in the rain and as a daily! Also been a hell of a fishin buddy! 🤗

Glad you have been enjoying and good to hear it has no been leaking as I ended up with the soft top too. I would happily deal with the rain and trade locations with you. :D I love the area you are in, hopefully I will get back there sometime.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You made my point here. I actually did testing using my wife's vehicle. Same route to and from work for a week, didn't travel anywhere else with that vehicle. The difference was completely imperceptible. 20 mile round trip of conservative daily driving (no aggressive driving) yielded identical MPGs and negligible differences in refueling volume (started with completely full tanks, and refueled at the end of the week each time). I wasn't able to determine any fuel consumption differences one way or the other. It all ended up being about the same.

I only have 4 lights between my house and my work. Therefore, for my route the amount of gas I would save (from what I can tell is so little it can't even be detected without more precise instrumentation) does not justify the additional wear factor on the car. And yes, I heard the little fella say that starters are built to withstand the start/stop. Look... starters are mechanical and all things mechanical break. Furthermore, modern companies engineer with planned failure in mind. Nothing is built to last anymore. This is exactly the reason that you can't buy a modern refrigerator that will last longer than 12 years, but yet my grandmother's refrigerator from the 60's is still running strong in my cousin's garage after 60 years.

So, for me and many others it makes zero sense to use it. The cost outweighs the benefit. If I drove a company car and had more stops in my commute, I might use it. But on a Bronco that I am going to lift, put 37s on and ideally own for decades... nah. I couldn't do my girl dirty like that lol!

-Thank you for sharing the video!
Not quite sure why you two started randomly talking about Auto Start Stop when the thread is about rain and my man Dave's experience with his Bronco up North for the past 5000 miles?

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not quite sure why you two started randomly talking about Auto Start Stop when the thread is about rain and my man Dave's experience with his Bronco up North for the past 5000 miles?
In his video he brought up auto start/stop and said he liked to use it because it works well and does zero to deter him from using it. I just simply brought up the biggest reason most mechanics, and myself, don't use it. That reason has nothing to do with fuel economy.

Just friendly banter!

Sponsored
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty cool stuff. And good to see it is holding out and everything works as intended. Love the scenery.
Gotta ask, though. Because around here it we had that much rainfall coming off the mountains at once right next to the road, we would have it filling up the ditch and washing across. What the heck kind of runoff management do you Canadians have going on up there!? You pretty much had Niagara Falls in several places on that cliffside and you guys are like "Oh, that's pretty cool."
Here cars would be washed over into the lake with all of that.
Love the wheel/tire choice, looks great on that A51.
from what I can see there has actually been some serious weather event in Vancouver that has washed away party of their major surrounding highways effectively leaving the entire area cut off from the rest of Canada. It just rained so much and I think this video shows it pretty well actually! Hopefully they can rebuild the highways soon.

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is it possible to write down a summary for those who don't have 15 minutes to spend trying to find "
How has the Bronco and the soft top been?
"

These posts are becoming clickbait just like almost everything out there, which is why some people like me are still on forums, we don't want to spend 25 minutes watching a video to see what was the MPG or 15 minutes to find out if the soft top leaked or was bad.

I appreciate your content as I have a soft top myself but I don't appreciate those clickbait posts.
boo cry boo

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@604Bronco @SnowBronco @Raskew How did you guys make out in the last couple of days? Everything okay?
From a rain perspective? I thankfully live on high ground, so all good. But driving around was crazy to see. I sure hope we get a few dry days now to let the water levels go down.

Hope everyone else is ok too!

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@604Bronco @SnowBronco @Raskew How did you guys make out in the last couple of days? Everything okay?
I made it home ok to get the boy. We're good. But the wife stuck, they shut the highways down due to flooding so she's stuck at the hospital now covering shifts and waiting.

Sponsored

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made it home ok to get the boy. We're good. But the wife stuck, they shut the highways down due to flooding so she's stuck at the hospital now covering shifts and waiting.
Stay strong neighbors!

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So it's been 5000 miles already! Imagine that... It's rained a lot, like a lot!! We've done a lot of offroad... Delt with some rattles, fixed some squeeks... Played with some modes and it's been my daily driver for three months getting better than advertised gas mileage! Here's how he's done in the rain and as a daily! Also been a hell of a fishin buddy! 🤗

You mention fixing some squeaks.. I have a few in my soft top (the plastic cover at the top of the rear window is the worst offender) , but ihavent taken it to the dealer yet. Does that sound familiar? If so, how did you resolve it? any other fixes you can share in case they show up when i get some miles on mine? only 215 so far.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drove a soft-top BL at the Bronco Rodeo in New Hampshire. It rained the entire time, but the Bronco was insanely capable even on wet rocks. On the soft-top, the water comes through the door or window when you open it and it's pretty frustrating. I also noticed a lot of road noise in the rear too. I am sticking with the hardtop with that experience. I figured I've waited this long...might as well get the one I want. Hopefully, it's a 2022. But awesome video! Looks like a good time!

Bad news on the sound from the rear- you will experience the same in thing in a hard top. Buddy has a 4 door hardtop badlands, and he has just as much noise from the rear as I do. Sad.

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You mention fixing some squeaks.. I have a few in my soft top (the plastic cover at the top of the rear window is the worst offender) , but ihavent taken it to the dealer yet. Does that sound familiar? If so, how did you resolve it? any other fixes you can share in case they show up when i get some miles on mine? only 215 so far.
I just took some Teflon reel lube and lubed every hinge point and moving point I could find. Haha

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs