Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Did you guys see this article on how Ford is watching us and seeing what we are clicking? I found it interesting, and given that the top color of choice is A51 makes me not want that color. When B&P went live, they were watching what we were clicking most often. I also hope they saw how I continued to pick the 2.7 auto with sasquatch and that sexy roof rack only to get an error. 🤬 I mean is this thing going to tip over with too much weight? lol

I'm not surprised that Ford is watching, and again Ford, don't screw this up!

https://www.motor1.com/news/450959/build-price-data-2021-bronco/

Build & Price Data For 2021 Ford Bronco Is In, Here's What People Want

450,000 people have already built a virtual Bronco.

Late last week, Ford finally flipped the switch on the full-blown Bronco configurator. Prior to that, we had basic info on pricing and equipment, but this opens up the chest of goodies available for the off-roader, as well as what such a machine will cost you. We already dove into the configurator shortly after it went live and discovered the most expensive Bronco will set you back just shy of $64,000.

We're used to looking at such configurators as a means to equip the vehicles of our dreams, but there's another aspect to the system that applies to automakers. Visitors to the site rifle through various trims and options – some are serious shoppers while others are merely dreaming big. However, Ford is able to glean all that data to see what folks are particularly interested in. And for a vehicle like the Bronco that won't go on sale for several more months, that information can be very enlightening.

We asked Ford to share some of its early findings with us, and the company was happy to oblige. The short answers are that Area 51 is the most-selected color, Wildtrak is the most selected trim, most buyers want the 2.7-liter V6, and 10 percent are choosing a manual transmission. Of course, the short answers aren't necessarily the final answers, as there's still a long way to go before production.

Ford Consumer Marketing Manager Mark Gruber was kind enough to offer us some context for these preliminary stats.

"What we’re seeing happening is because the initial customer wants to check all the boxes," explained Gruber. "When customers look at the vehicles, the Wildtrak was the next thing as far as the most expensive vehicle – it had a lot of the goodies standard. What we’re seeing is the Badlands, we expect that to increase over time. A lot of customers are discovering that that’s a better fit for them. Some of those Wildtrak customers will move over to Badlands."

As such, Gruber explained that the early data isn't really a surprise. On our side, we will say it's interesting to see manual-equipped Broncos checking in at 10 percent. That's much higher than typical manual take-rates for autos these days, and Ford also says two-door Broncos are about 33 percent of all reservations.

"Customers are really excited about the product," said Gruber. "The higher trim series are the ones that they’re selecting most frequently. The Base and Big Bend are kind of more the entry series – they’re combined 22 percent, with 78 percent for higher series. The WildTrak is the number one series that customers have been selecting at 26 percent of reservations. The two-door, while still a minority, is coming in really strong at a third of the reservations. That’s reflecting a lot of pent-up demand for two-door."

Ford expects the Bronco configurator to exceed 500,000 builds by October 27, and more options are still to come before order banks open. Virtual builds are far from purchases, but Ford tells us there are now over 190,000 confirmed reservations for the resurrected off-roader. It is slated to go on sale next spring.
I wonder if the 10% take rate on the manual is because the configurator is jacked, so people select the V6 instead.

TxAg08

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
All I want is the headliner and paint protection on my 2.7 BL Sasquatch. I hope Ford sees all the times they killed my options when I add the 2.7.
I’m thinking the same thing JXC. Ford is forcing me into a few compromises and I hope they’re not misinterpreting all that data.

I’d like to get a manual badlands with the bigger motor. The only reason I’m even looking at the badlands is for the High package to get the extra noise dampening and the larger touchscreen (it looks better in the dash). I definitely think the auto sway bar disconnect, position sensitive shocks, and 360 camera are all overkill and extra things to break.

I’d be happy with a Black Diamond if I could spec it the way I’d like, but I think that’s part of the game Ford is playing to get us to spend more $$. Just wish the top trim actually had a nice interior.
Of course I’m probably odd since I also wish that they offered an obnoxious baby blue color as loud as cyber orange (would look so great with a set of old school aluminum pro comp wheels and white letter tires)

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
You have to get a Badlands to get that combo. So actually forcing you to spend more money on the BL trim.
You misunderstood me. I will not be bullied into buying an automatic transmission. I want the mid package but I will not be spending way more money that I do not have on a higher trim level just to get a few more minor options through Ford. I will spend less than intended.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Except like 3 of those are me... and I'm not buying one. I won't pay for options that I don't want or color trims that I can't change. Disappointed, sure. But the other big deciding factor was that I don't want another $4k repair bill for a tiny leak in the auto transmission. Repair costs on a new truck are miserable. I'll just get an EB and do all the wrenching myself. Saves money.

Trackster

Base
First Name
Russell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F350, Gt500, Boss302
Why wouldn’t the paint colors be the same for all models?
I just want a base model but I like the Cactus color.
Hey Ford you paying attention?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
I understand that leather is always power - so either colorway appears powered.
Hopefully B & P is wrong. I'd rather not have to choose Navy Pier to get power seats. The pic below shows a manual seat lever.
no power.png

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Pony
I'm pretty sure if they had the option to get manual with Sasquatch, the manual builds would be much higher than 10%. It's crazy to announce an option then try to gather data without the options you've announced.

Advertisement

Advertisement