Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you guys see this article on how Ford is watching us and seeing what we are clicking? I found it interesting, and given that the top color of choice is A51 makes me not want that color. When B&P went live, they were watching what we were clicking most often. I also hope they saw how I continued to pick the 2.7 auto with sasquatch and that sexy roof rack only to get an error. ? I mean is this thing going to tip over with too much weight? lol

I'm not surprised that Ford is watching, and again Ford, don't screw this up!

https://www.motor1.com/news/450959/build-price-data-2021-bronco/

Build & Price Data For 2021 Ford Bronco Is In, Here's What People Want

450,000 people have already built a virtual Bronco.

Late last week, Ford finally flipped the switch on the full-blown Bronco configurator. Prior to that, we had basic info on pricing and equipment, but this opens up the chest of goodies available for the off-roader, as well as what such a machine will cost you. We already dove into the configurator shortly after it went live and discovered the most expensive Bronco will set you back just shy of $64,000.

We're used to looking at such configurators as a means to equip the vehicles of our dreams, but there's another aspect to the system that applies to automakers. Visitors to the site rifle through various trims and options – some are serious shoppers while others are merely dreaming big. However, Ford is able to glean all that data to see what folks are particularly interested in. And for a vehicle like the Bronco that won't go on sale for several more months, that information can be very enlightening.

We asked Ford to share some of its early findings with us, and the company was happy to oblige. The short answers are that Area 51 is the most-selected color, Wildtrak is the most selected trim, most buyers want the 2.7-liter V6, and 10 percent are choosing a manual transmission. Of course, the short answers aren't necessarily the final answers, as there's still a long way to go before production.

Ford Consumer Marketing Manager Mark Gruber was kind enough to offer us some context for these preliminary stats.

"What we’re seeing happening is because the initial customer wants to check all the boxes," explained Gruber. "When customers look at the vehicles, the Wildtrak was the next thing as far as the most expensive vehicle – it had a lot of the goodies standard. What we’re seeing is the Badlands, we expect that to increase over time. A lot of customers are discovering that that’s a better fit for them. Some of those Wildtrak customers will move over to Badlands."

As such, Gruber explained that the early data isn't really a surprise. On our side, we will say it's interesting to see manual-equipped Broncos checking in at 10 percent. That's much higher than typical manual take-rates for autos these days, and Ford also says two-door Broncos are about 33 percent of all reservations.

"Customers are really excited about the product," said Gruber. "The higher trim series are the ones that they’re selecting most frequently. The Base and Big Bend are kind of more the entry series – they’re combined 22 percent, with 78 percent for higher series. The WildTrak is the number one series that customers have been selecting at 26 percent of reservations. The two-door, while still a minority, is coming in really strong at a third of the reservations. That’s reflecting a lot of pent-up demand for two-door."

Ford expects the Bronco configurator to exceed 500,000 builds by October 27, and more options are still to come before order banks open. Virtual builds are far from purchases, but Ford tells us there are now over 190,000 confirmed reservations for the resurrected off-roader. It is slated to go on sale next spring.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FCA to the rescue of FCA in that picture. Oh, and Peugeot to the rescue of FCA Europe too.

Rutkap

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not surprised that Ford is watching, and again Ford, don't screw this up!

Yeah. Heatmapping is fairly common. The thing is, you cannot heatmap things that AREN"T on the page.

I work for an agency, and have done 1-2 heatmapping projects. It really doesn't give you that much more data than say google analytics or completed bronco build forms.

I did find it interesting that Wildtrak had the most completed build and price arrangements.

I don't think I have ever completed a full build and price yet.

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, if I were Ford, I'd be pulling all the data I could as well. This certainly shows credence to Ford pushing customers towards particular models due to the demand.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Winter weather package (heated seats, wheel, etc)
2. Hurry the hell up with the ManSquatch, it was already set up for the Badlands. WTF?

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
2. Hurry the hell up with the ManSquatch, it was already set up for the Badlands. WTF?
I mentioned long ago that Ford got caught flatfooted by the 7M take rate.

It showed in how little initial information there was about the 7M, compared to the endless prattle about the 10A.

And yeah, no fooking CW Package. WTF.

OP
OP
Calicorks

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they want data, include ManSasquatch! I get if its delayed, but I have time, LETS GO!

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you guys see this article on how Ford is watching us and seeing what we are clicking?
If we'd had our shit together we should have organized & not clicked on a damn thing 'till they put up a tan & a green

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Ford, since you're reading this F YOU! That's for not including a light interior color option or white top for this first year. ?

Of course, if y'all do decide to give me a gray marine vinyl interior option, I'll love y'all forever.

Its a thin line sort of like dating....

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FORD.....just fix the errors on B&P and get the additional accessories posted as soon as you can. Thank you. (one error; rock rails ARE included as standard equipment on the BD & BL. You have the B&P charging $595.00 for it)
Sponsored