Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe A51 is the the most popular because people are still trying to figure out what color it really is. CG is probably a close second.
Sponsored

Poppy

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Titan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just change interior to black and gray MGV and floor on WILDTRAK then i can pick a color and place a order

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm curious as to how much different the 7MT take rate would be if the B&P didn't block certain configurations that haven't been restricted by Ford (manual w/mid package, ManSquatch).

I know ManSquatch will be added later, but the mid package config error is weird. Badlands can do it but no other trims? It's my understanding that you could get the mid package w/7MT, you just obviously couldn't do remote start. I, for one, didn't select the manual on some builds because it kept rejecting it, so I priced it with the mid package anyways to estimate costs. I bet the take rate is actually higher than 10%
Completely agree. Let's hope it's an error or glitch with B/P and not what Ford is actually going to offer. The inability to not have a manual with the mid package is ridiculous as it's really frustrating me. Considering so, the options with the mid package are a no brainier and should be part of the standard package.

I mean, we can't get dual climate control or blind side monitoring (along with many other features) without sacrificing the manual and paying more? Again, should be standard equip and should not negate the manual.

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you guys see this article on how Ford is watching us and seeing what we are clicking? I found it interesting, and given that the top color of choice is A51 makes me not want that color. When B&P went live, they were watching what we were clicking most often. I also hope they saw how I continued to pick the 2.7 auto with sasquatch and that sexy roof rack only to get an error. ? I mean is this thing going to tip over with too much weight? lol

I'm not surprised that Ford is watching, and again Ford, don't screw this up!

https://www.motor1.com/news/450959/build-price-data-2021-bronco/

Build & Price Data For 2021 Ford Bronco Is In, Here's What People Want

450,000 people have already built a virtual Bronco.

Late last week, Ford finally flipped the switch on the full-blown Bronco configurator. Prior to that, we had basic info on pricing and equipment, but this opens up the chest of goodies available for the off-roader, as well as what such a machine will cost you. We already dove into the configurator shortly after it went live and discovered the most expensive Bronco will set you back just shy of $64,000.

We're used to looking at such configurators as a means to equip the vehicles of our dreams, but there's another aspect to the system that applies to automakers. Visitors to the site rifle through various trims and options – some are serious shoppers while others are merely dreaming big. However, Ford is able to glean all that data to see what folks are particularly interested in. And for a vehicle like the Bronco that won't go on sale for several more months, that information can be very enlightening.

We asked Ford to share some of its early findings with us, and the company was happy to oblige. The short answers are that Area 51 is the most-selected color, Wildtrak is the most selected trim, most buyers want the 2.7-liter V6, and 10 percent are choosing a manual transmission. Of course, the short answers aren't necessarily the final answers, as there's still a long way to go before production.

Ford Consumer Marketing Manager Mark Gruber was kind enough to offer us some context for these preliminary stats.

"What we’re seeing happening is because the initial customer wants to check all the boxes," explained Gruber. "When customers look at the vehicles, the Wildtrak was the next thing as far as the most expensive vehicle – it had a lot of the goodies standard. What we’re seeing is the Badlands, we expect that to increase over time. A lot of customers are discovering that that’s a better fit for them. Some of those Wildtrak customers will move over to Badlands."

As such, Gruber explained that the early data isn't really a surprise. On our side, we will say it's interesting to see manual-equipped Broncos checking in at 10 percent. That's much higher than typical manual take-rates for autos these days, and Ford also says two-door Broncos are about 33 percent of all reservations.

"Customers are really excited about the product," said Gruber. "The higher trim series are the ones that they’re selecting most frequently. The Base and Big Bend are kind of more the entry series – they’re combined 22 percent, with 78 percent for higher series. The WildTrak is the number one series that customers have been selecting at 26 percent of reservations. The two-door, while still a minority, is coming in really strong at a third of the reservations. That’s reflecting a lot of pent-up demand for two-door."

Ford expects the Bronco configurator to exceed 500,000 builds by October 27, and more options are still to come before order banks open. Virtual builds are far from purchases, but Ford tells us there are now over 190,000 confirmed reservations for the resurrected off-roader. It is slated to go on sale next spring.

I heard that we have to save and print out our final build n price. I am able to print but how in the world can my configuration be saved? I don't see a save button. Each time I go back to build it starts me over. So is there a save button?

Ford Bronco 500k+ Bronco builds created on Build & Price so far. Here are the configuration stats. Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 8.43.30 AM

91bird

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone needs to configure a bronco with a 2.7 then click manual transmission, say yes to 2.3 change. Will drive up the analytics for a 2.7 with manual.

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. Heatmapping is fairly common. The thing is, you cannot heatmap things that AREN"T on the page.

I work for an agency, and have done 1-2 heatmapping projects. It really doesn't give you that much more data than say google analytics or completed bronco build forms.

I did find it interesting that Wildtrak had the most completed build and price arrangements.

I don't think I have ever completed a full build and price yet.
Do the heatmaps differentiate between unique builds vs unique builders? I've built at least 10 Bronco configurations since the B&P launched just out of curiosity.

Is Ford referring to 450,000 unique people who have built one or more Broncos or 450,000 total builds? 450,000 unique people sounds like a lot.

WAldo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Completely agree. Let's hope it's an error or glitch with B/P and not what Ford is actually going to offer. The inability to not have a manual with the mid package is ridiculous as it's really frustrating me. Considering so, the options with the mid package are a no brainier and should be part of the standard package.
I completely agree. Ford is making a huge mistake by not allowing manual with mid package (heated seats are a must for me) on the lower trims. The only reason I am even considering the Bronco is because of the manual transmission. If I cannot get the features and build I want with a manual transmission, I will not buy a bronco.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I heard that we have to save and print out our final build n price. I am able to print but how in the world can my configuration be saved? I don't see a save button. Each time I go back to build it starts me over. So is there a save button?

Ford Bronco 500k+ Bronco builds created on Build & Price so far. Here are the configuration stats. Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 8.43.30 AM
Yes, I thought once I log in to Ford I could SAVE a configuration... Where and how do we do that?????

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I completely agree. Ford is making a huge mistake by not allowing manual with mid package (heated seats are a must for me) on the lower trims. The only reason I am even considering the Bronco is because of the manual transmission. If I cannot get the features and build I want with a manual transmission, I will not buy a bronco.
Same with me - Only considered the Bronco due to offering the manual. If they didn't, it wouldn't have been an option.

However, not having adequate options without breaking the bank (looks like lease options might be similar to the Explorer - Won't be much cheaper versus finance) is kind of unfair. With that, not sure what other vehicle I would look at, but it definitely wouldn't be a Wrangler.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes, I thought once I log in to Ford I could SAVE a configuration... Where and how do we do that?????
you can usually but Ford has decided that the Bronco is print/save, no account storage of saved configurations at the moment.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree, but there should be a light grey, a black, and then some trim specific (Navy Pier) for each trim level. Give the people who live in Texas and Zona the light, give the rest of us Black, and give the people who want some character the Navy Pier etc...

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

rchapa8

Badlands
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When i click on PRINT the pop up screen has a drop down tab upper right corner. I just click on SAVE AS PDF

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would like to see how the Bronco is being virtually built versus other models from Ford. Compare to like the mustang when it first announced. I might just google that right for my own knowledge

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

450,000 people have not built a bronco. 300 crazy people on b6g have built 1500 different configurations...
Sponsored