Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here’s How Many Ford Vehicles Are Currently Parked and Waiting for Chips

May 10, 2022​
In the latest earnings call with analysts, John Lawler, the company’s Chief Financial Officer, actually provided a clearer picture of the existing inventory of unfinished vehicles.​
Lawler says Ford currently has “about 53,000 vehicles on wheels, completed but awaiting installation of components affected by the semiconductor supply shortage.”​
The Ford executive later revealed that the F-Series and the Explorer are among the models that are part of this sitting inventory.​
Ford has recently revealed another strategy to deal with the chip shortage, as the company says it’s directing all of its resources to its most profitable models. In other words, the models that are bringing home the bacon are getting the necessary chips, while those that are selling in small volumes would wait for even more for the semiconductors they need to power certain systems.​
You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what are Ford’s most profitable models, as the lineup includes the F-150, the Explorer, and the Mustang Mach-E. But on the other hand, those who ordered a less popular model would have to wait for even more to get their hands on their vehicle, with some customers claiming the waiting times are now reaching 9 to 12 months.​
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Holy crap! That’s a lot.

OP
OP
Seacat

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

9 to 12 months! If only!
16 months with 2 orders and I'm still waiting, although one is 40 miles from my dealership now.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They should be putting all of their resources into getting F150's out, and they have already stated that the F150 Lightning and the Mach-E are top priorities. If the components are available to get those vehicles out, that is where they will go first.

Sponsored

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ntly-parked-and-waiting-for-chips-188243.html

Here’s How Many Ford Vehicles Are Currently Parked and Waiting for Chips

May 10, 2022​
In the latest earnings call with analysts, John Lawler, the company’s Chief Financial Officer, actually provided a clearer picture of the existing inventory of unfinished vehicles.​
Lawler says Ford currently has “about 53,000 vehicles on wheels, completed but awaiting installation of components affected by the semiconductor supply shortage.”​
The Ford executive later revealed that the F-Series and the Explorer are among the models that are part of this sitting inventory.​
Ford has recently revealed another strategy to deal with the chip shortage, as the company says it’s directing all of its resources to its most profitable models. In other words, the models that are bringing home the bacon are getting the necessary chips, while those that are selling in small volumes would wait for even more for the semiconductors they need to power certain systems.​
You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what are Ford’s most profitable models, as the lineup includes the F-150, the Explorer, and the Mustang Mach-E. But on the other hand, those who ordered a less popular model would have to wait for even more to get their hands on their vehicle, with some customers claiming the waiting times are now reaching 9 to 12 months.​
At least Bronco is included as a Top Model and receiving focus

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would suspect that the Bronco should be getting all the love at MAP. I can't imagine there's a large demand for the Ranger since an all new version will be coming out next year. Anyone know what the current Ranger / Bronco production mix is at MAP?

Sponsored

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My bronco is schedule for production 6/6, after it is built will my bronco be parked with the rest of 53k ford vehicles waiting for the chip?

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My bronco is schedule for production 6/6, after it is built will my bronco be parked with the rest of 53k ford vehicles waiting for the chip?
Maybe, maybe not. Alot of us are waiting on chip hold from January and earlier but Ford has manufactured and delivered many, many Broncos in the interim.

Hippo

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Early reservation holders have price protection. Which means those vehicles are less profitable for Ford.
Which, according to this, means Ford will send new chips to walk in Bronco Orders before reservation orders…

*moment of silence for the early reservation holders*

Wvwaiting

Badlands
First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no rhyme or reason. Exact same builds as mine have been delivered. It is the "luck" of the draw at this point!
Good luck and congrats to ya!
Sponsored