First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
W
Are you saying that is the way it SHOULD look?
I’m not saying it’s pretty, but I am saying it bulges at the top of the triangle on both sides even when the door is open and window retracted, and it appears to not just stretched in that section; it was seemingly molded or produced however that way!

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My hats off to those that have gone before us. It seems the "test subjects" are coming up with some odd problems with their new Broncos. @NotApplicable, please keep us updated. I hope it's something as simple as a misaligned part. Good luck
Welcome to a new model launch.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks like @FordMotorCompany isn’t a member on here anymore. Well, that was short lived and super unhelpful…
I would imagine they're still 100% on here lurking about, but after the deluge of DM's the other day when they announced their presence, it's probably in their best interest to keep quiet. There's legitimate uses of tagging them in something, but there was a rash of them getting tagged in everything from there not being a green yet to having the wrong tires. Either way, I hope OP can hook up with them or his dealer, looks like a weird fitment issue with the rubber piece on the door.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is sort of raised; the whole edge of that rubber triangle is raised and rubs by / seats under the rubberized metal trim. There is a channel inside the rubberized metal trim and it appears as though it was specifically designed for the raised rubber edge of the triangle to fit under.

Inspection of the passenger side looks the same, but no current wear-through issue

The window does raise to seal/push against rubber lining the edge of the triangle here after the door has closed, though this is also the same on the passenger side. But, I’ve gotten the driver’s side more than any passengers have over the past 10 days.
Is it possible that the window is causing the rubbing? I have heard the window doesn't drop very quick when opening/closing the door and catches a bit on the rubber groove.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would imagine they're still 100% on here lurking about, but after the deluge of DM's the other day when they announced their presence, it's probably in their best interest to keep quiet. There's legitimate uses of tagging them in something, but there was a rash of them getting tagged in everything from there not being a green yet to having the wrong tires. Either way, I hope OP can hook up with them or his dealer, looks like a weird fitment issue with the rubber piece on the door.
I still think Ross likely gets more DM’s and tags than FoMoCo lol

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Might be something as simple as the door gap or flush. Can only imagine the engineer's and fitters going over these issues

Doesn't help but these problems will disappear as more roll out

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adjusted order #27. Ford Bronco any model, with any amount of doors. Any engine, any transmission, any color, any wheel and tire combo, no top, no tow, and no weatherstripping.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like there's hardly any Bronco's even sold and every day there's a new post under the problems, recalls etc., This forum will need a new sever when there's 130k of these on the road....smh

JMB

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
New issue of the day for me!

I noticed today that an element of the driver’s door has rubbed through a rubberized metal strip around the window that is attached to the body. It’s somewhat hard to photograph but I’ve done my best:

Ford Bronco 567 miles/10 days in, door wearing through rubberized strip down to metal 1627856811431

Ford Bronco 567 miles/10 days in, door wearing through rubberized strip down to metal 1627856811431
Not an issue.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel like there's hardly any Bronco's even sold and every day there's a new post under the problems, recalls etc., This forum will need a new sever when there's 130k of these on the road....smh
Anyone ever involved in a launch of anything new knows you can test, engineer, retest, reengineer etc, and there will still be new, real world issues that arise. Luckily, none seem catastrophic and seem able to be addressed.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
hahaha, folks this is an offroading vehicle if you expected a mercedes type fit and finish you should go buy a mercedes. haha
Sponsored