First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone ever involved in a launch of anything new knows you can test, engineer, retest, reengineer etc, and there will still be new, real world issues that arise. Luckily, none seem catastrophic and seem able to be addressed.
I understand within reason. I am seriously glad I didn't wait since last July for this tho. I mean, Ford has been engineering cars for over 100 years. The engine and trans have been out for several years. And this model has been delayed multiple times giving them even more chances to not botch the release that they are......wait for it.....botching. It's like missing the field goal only to find out the other coach called time out and gave you another chance. But you kicked it in the exact same spot expecting nobody to notice. Holy shit Ford, get it together.
Sponsored

naodha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can also confirm that I have this same issue on my driver's side in the exact same spot - door frame edge being grinded down to the metal in a single spot. It looks like it's caused by the triangle weather stripping on the window itself. I'm not seeing it on the passenger side yet.

I've only got 300 miles so far.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@NotApplicable did you have anything done about this or just touch it up yourself? Just noticed the same on mine.

New issue of the day for me!

I noticed today that an element of the driverā€™s door has rubbed through a rubberized metal strip around the window that is attached to the body. Itā€™s somewhat hard to photograph but Iā€™ve done my best:

E3FD9B7C-5478-4349-A986-52905C73EB7F.jpeg

CA3DBF74-BA83-4B40-9D9E-29CE9BB738D6.jpeg

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just went out to the garage to check and sure enough the same thing is starting on mine.
Sponsored