Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still sucks that dealer tried to tack on $5k. Yet maybe all along the dealer was gonna do your agreed upon price but mentioned adding $5k, drop it if you eat the seat mistake. All still shady.
The OP never had an agreed upon price, he wasn't even involved in getting the order placed (if I read his post correctly). ...and he paid MSRP in the end...nothing to see here, move along.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CommandoAndo

CommandoAndo

First Edition
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree. Just be careful out there. 5k is still a good chunk of cash to throw away.

The OP never had an agreed upon price, he wasn't even involved in getting the order placed (if I read his post correctly). ...and he paid MSRP in the end...nothing to see here, move along.

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just want to give my experience to anyone interested in the final stages of getting a Bronco.

I had reserved an FE with black interior via Ford website. I received periodic emails from Ford but no communication from my dealership of choice. (For those wondering, I had 1 local dealership option and a few more 100 miles away. I chose the closest location). My selected dealership ordered the entire Bronco without any communication with me. Okay… fine. I’ll survive.

Flash forward a lifetime and I eventually receive a window sticker that says the interior is Navy Pier. I immediately call the dealership and they ensure me it will be black. They also say if it’s not black then they’ll pay to have it replaced by an aftermarket shop.

A month later and the Bronco FE arrives with …. Navy Pier interior. The dealership offers me 1/2 of the cost to replace the leather in cash back. How much cash back you ask??? $700. Can we all agree that is bullshit and way to low of a number?

Then the sales manager comes out and explains the “numbers” to me. He hits me with a total cost of $67,715.

Whoa!!!

I had never seen this price prior to the day we’re picking it up. This vehicle was $62,715. That number is on EVERYTHING I’ve seen: the order, the window sticker, etc.

He informs me that there is a standard $5,000 mark up on new Broncos.

After a conversation and debate about the matter he removes the dealership mark up and then informs me I’ll have to eat the cost of the leather interior mistake.

I accept the deal because at this point you’re either buying it or they’re selling it to someone else.

Anyways … it’s in my garage now. I’m happy with the Bronco overall but less than pleased with the dealership.

Now I’m going to shove it in their face and resell it across the street from them. 😂 … it’s a joke fellas. Don’t come after me.
What color you get, still waiting for my A51 with Navy FE. Figured had to get the navy, being was only optioned to FE. Just to be lil different. I think the contrast with A51 will look good

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We pickup up our bronco yesterday. I had an original agreement from the Sales Manager to pay MSPR. When we were doing the paper work the sales guy showed us a 10k markup. Said it was a "Market Value" markup. I told him I had it in writing from the sales manager that I will be paying MSPR. He said, Oh, you are one of the luck few and removed it.

Of course the finance manager tried to take advantage of us as well. Everything they wanted us to add (extended warranty, maintenance warranty, ceramic coating, low jack, etching...) was crazy expensive. Everything totaled over 10k. I told Him I would pay 3k for a 100k 7 year extended warranty. If not then no thank you. He said ok. They wanted $1500 for the ceramic coating. I didn't want it but my wife did so we got it down to $500. The guy tried to tell us the low jack and etching were already done and included so we have to pay it. That was a total of $700. We did not pay for it.

In the end we paid $67k (msrp), $3k 7 year 100k extended warranty, $500 ceramic coating, plus tax.

If I could stress anything, you don't have to pay for any additional items beyond what you agreed to pay for the car. They will always tell you they already include stuff that you need to pay for. You don't. and everything else is negotiable. They may even throw on crappy side steps or floor mats and say they are already added so you need to pay for them. Don't, tell them to take them off. Usually they will throw them in and not remove them.

As for getting an extended warranty, it's up to you. My wife an I have done the math and its close. We usually come out ahead with the extended warranty, not always. But over the coarse of all our vehicles we are ahead. Plus, this is a first year model. So we were going to get one. But were willing to walk out of the dealership with out it, and get one on after the fact, if they didn't give us the price we wanted. As long as they believe you are willing to pass on it, they will come way down on price.

The Finance manager seemed like a nice guy, yet he still tried to scrape every last dime he could from us. So be nice, but be a hard ass. Good Luck!

OP
OP
CommandoAndo

CommandoAndo

First Edition
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I went Cactus Gray but I’m a huge Area 51 fan. As someone else here said, you’ll like the navy pier. It’s quite nice and not as contrasting as some of the pictures look. I think if the top was off and sun was blasting then you’d really see the color.

Also, there is blue coloring on the dash and parts of the door panels and interior but it’s subtle.

What color you get, still waiting for my A51 with Navy FE. Figured had to get the navy, being was only optioned to FE. Just to be lil different. I think the contrast with A51 will look good

Sponsored

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bet they ordered the truck THEY wanted hoping you'd bail so the manager could scoop it up once you called "bullshit shenanigans".

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We pickup up our bronco yesterday. I had an original agreement from the Sales Manager to pay MSPR. When we were doing the paper work the sales guy showed us a 10k markup. Said it was a "Market Value" markup. I told him I had it in writing from the sales manager that I will be paying MSPR. He said, Oh, you are one of the luck few and removed it.

Of course the finance manager tried to take advantage of us as well. Everything they wanted us to add (extended warranty, maintenance warranty, ceramic coating, low jack, etching...) was crazy expensive. Everything totaled over 10k. I told Him I would pay 3k for a 100k 7 year extended warranty. If not then no thank you. He said ok. They wanted $1500 for the ceramic coating. I didn't want it but my wife did so we got it down to $500. The guy tried to tell us the low jack and etching were already done and included so we have to pay it. That was a total of $700. We did not pay for it.

In the end we paid $67k (msrp), $3k 7 year 100k extended warranty, $500 ceramic coating, plus tax.

If I could stress anything, you don't have to pay for any additional items beyond what you agreed to pay for the car. They will always tell you they already include stuff that you need to pay for. You don't. and everything else is negotiable. They may even throw on crappy side steps or floor mats and say they are already added so you need to pay for them. Don't, tell them to take them off. Usually they will throw them in and not remove them.

As for getting an extended warranty, it's up to you. My wife an I have done the math and its close. We usually come out ahead with the extended warranty, not always. But over the coarse of all our vehicles we are ahead. Plus, this is a first year model. So we were going to get one. But were willing to walk out of the dealership with out it, and get one on after the fact, if they didn't give us the price we wanted. As long as they believe you are willing to pass on it, they will come way down on price.

The Finance manager seemed like a nice guy, yet he still tried to scrape every last dime he could from us. So be nice, but be a hard ass. Good Luck!
I'm going in with Flood Ford's extended warranty plan and telling them if they want me to get one of theirs, they'll have to beat Flood Ford. For example, 8yr/100,000 mile warranty with a $100 deductible is $1600 with Flood.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry to hear about your experience but glad you got your Bronco home. I think the Navy Pier interior may grow on you....I sorta liked it better in person.

Feel free to post some photos 🙂
I think the navy pier will grow on you as well. And will be an in demand option for secondary buyers. Also, any photos?

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going in with Flood Ford's extended warranty plan and telling them if they want me to get one of theirs, they'll have to beat Flood Ford. For example, 8yr/100,000 mile warranty with a $100 deductible is $1600 with Flood.
Yeah, that would be a great deal.

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just want to give my experience to anyone interested in the final stages of getting a Bronco.

I had reserved an FE with black interior via Ford website. I received periodic emails from Ford but no communication from my dealership of choice. (For those wondering, I had 1 local dealership option and a few more 100 miles away. I chose the closest location). My selected dealership ordered the entire Bronco without any communication with me. Okay… fine. I’ll survive.

Flash forward a lifetime and I eventually receive a window sticker that says the interior is Navy Pier. I immediately call the dealership and they ensure me it will be black. They also say if it’s not black then they’ll pay to have it replaced by an aftermarket shop.

A month later and the Bronco FE arrives with …. Navy Pier interior. The dealership offers me 1/2 of the cost to replace the leather in cash back. How much cash back you ask??? $700. Can we all agree that is bullshit and way to low of a number?

Then the sales manager comes out and explains the “numbers” to me. He hits me with a total cost of $67,715.

Whoa!!!

I had never seen this price prior to the day we’re picking it up. This vehicle was $62,715. That number is on EVERYTHING I’ve seen: the order, the window sticker, etc.

He informs me that there is a standard $5,000 mark up on new Broncos.

After a conversation and debate about the matter he removes the dealership mark up and then informs me I’ll have to eat the cost of the leather interior mistake.

I accept the deal because at this point you’re either buying it or they’re selling it to someone else.

Anyways … it’s in my garage now. I’m happy with the Bronco overall but less than pleased with the dealership.

Now I’m going to shove it in their face and resell it across the street from them. 😂 … it’s a joke fellas. Don’t come after me.
What dealer was it? Should let folks know.

Sponsored

CAB

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am on the east cost and 2 unclaimed First editions have popped up on my radar from different dealers. Both dealers said I could have it, but the catch was a 30K+ "market adjustment " price. 5K seems like a deal.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am on the east cost and 2 unclaimed First editions have popped up on my radar from different dealers. Both dealers said I could have it, but the catch was a 30K+ "market adjustment " price. 5K seems like a deal.
Yeah I don't get it. From an "investment" stand point, these people will have to wait a lifetime to get that $30k back and with interest etc., you won't make money on it. Heck in 15 years our government could very well be seizing all ICE vehicles and crushing them. And in the short term, if the global economy crashes from the imminent energy crisis, vehicles will probably depreciate at an all time record pace and half of us will never have the opportunity to even buy our Broncos.