First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I finally placed my order through the dealership this past week after having a 06/21 reservation. I've been lurking on the forum for quite some time now. 2-Door Carbonized Gray Black Diamond, 2.3L Mid Package! Am expecting to wait about a year to actually see this beauty though...

After reading some of the horror stories with dealers tacking on huge markups when Bronco's show up, I wanted to get something signed by my dealership to force them to honor their price. My salesman signed my build sheet and stated that MSRP would be honored, but only by using their preferred financing. Using my own financing, or paying cash would add $5k to MSRP. I didn't sign anything myself, and am looking at what kind of options I have. Any suggestions? I hate being forced to use dealer financing, even if according to them "you can just pay it all off a few months later and 'save' the $5k!".. Haha!
Sponsored

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do exactly that. Finance with them - smile at everyone in the sale process and thank them for the Bronco and drive it home. Get home, do your research on best financing possible for you and pay-off that puppy at your first opportunity.

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally placed my order through the dealership this past week after having a 06/21 reservation. I've been lurking on the forum for quite some time now. 2-Door Carbonized Gray Black Diamond, 2.3L Mid Package! Am expecting to wait about a year to actually see this beauty though...

After reading some of the horror stories with dealers tacking on huge markups when Bronco's show up, I wanted to get something signed by my dealership to force them to honor their price. My salesman signed my build sheet and stated that MSRP would be honored, but only by using their preferred financing. Using my own financing, or paying cash would add $5k to MSRP. I didn't sign anything myself, and am looking at what kind of options I have. Any suggestions? I hate being forced to use dealer financing, even if according to them "you can just pay it all off a few months later and 'save' the $5k!".. Haha!
That's what I would do. Finance through them and then refi out. I am not sure of the origination fees but I would assume its not anywhere close to 5k

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or find a dealer who doesn't play bullshit games.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, I’d change dealers if possible.

If not, get a copy of the financing terms. A dealer that does that might have prepayment penalties, terrible rates, and who know what else.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealers will tell you that they do make some extra cash when you use their financing, and their rates can be pretty good, so its a win-win!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I did it with my Focus RS. Finance guy begged me not to refi it for 4 months. I made it a week before I screwed them. The bank hits them with a charge back when you refinance it. Once the deal is done it’s done. Just make sure you don’t sign anything binding saying you’ll hold the loan for x amount of time.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's the problem? You'll likely get 1.99 or better. You gonna do better than that? *smh*

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’m with the dealer on this one. When I bought my Escape, they dropped the price an additional 1000.00 if I financed. Said I could pay it off after 2 months. I already was getting 4K off in rebates plus buying under Ford retired employee plan. Was another 980 in savings I wasn’t planning on. I might do the same thing with Granger if it provides some value to them as well. I’m sure the finance charge doesn’t add up to much. Just make sure it doesn’t have a pre payment penalty clause.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With a 6/21 place in line, just cancel it and find another dealer. No telling what that "preferred" offer is going to be a year from now. It not enough that they are getting full price plus hold back, they have to beat you out of finance charges, credit reports, and doc fees too probably.

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What's the problem? You'll likely get 1.99 or better. You gonna do better than that? *smh*
Cash is better - where can you get a no risk 1.99 return?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You also might want to check into local laws. Charging you more unless you finance might trip over that. You can usually give discounts for cash over charge/finance not the other way around.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whats 3 months financing worth to you. I did it for less savings on my last two cars. Transfered to my credit union for 1.9 and 2.49. Took advantage of all the rebates also. To me, its a small price to pay to avoid a headache down the road for the bronco. I waited 3 months because thats what my cu asked for.
Sponsored