First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just bought the SSV 6.5" speaker enclosures for the rear and plan on using Kicker CS speakers (it's what I have laying around) there. I have an Audio Control amp putting out 100watts per channel so plenty of power. The question is this... anyone who has done this... do you find your are now missing the high frequencies the 4" speakers provided and did you do anything about it? Has anyone set up the rear similar to the front running both a 4" and a 6.5" off each channel?
Sponsored

tblock

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I used focal k2 2 way comp up front and Focal k2 co-ax in real... there is plenty of high end from the front speaker. The total sound quality of added 6.75 in the rear is night and day... full balanced sound. (I dyno matted and polly filled the pods fyi).

OP
OP
ejaffe

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used focal k2 2 way comp up front and Focal k2 co-ax in real... there is plenty of high end from the front speaker. The total sound quality of added 6.75 in the rear is night and day... full balanced sound. (I dyno matted and polly filled the pods fyi).
Excellent, thanks. I plan on prepping the pod the same way.

teevan

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone with the lux package add the 6.5 enclosures in back? Do we need to add an amp to get the full benefit, or will it still be a lot better just by adding the bigger speakers? I did upgrade the 4 inch speakers that were in there which helped with the quality of sound, but still doesnt have a lot of punch...

Last edited:
OP
OP
ejaffe

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Excellent, thanks. I plan on prepping the pod the same way.
I wonder if it was simply the high quality speakers that resolved the sound issues and if that will be the same using other 6.5" in the rear. I will have to play with it.
Sponsored