Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how do you track rail car I have the rail info just no way to track it
From the build and tracking thread:

First you will need the rail car letters and numbers. It is on the visibility report or DORA which is from the dealership. You MAY be able to get it from the SVT people but they seem often in a cranky mood and may tell you to get it from the dealer.

There are two major rail companies.

CSX is everything east of the mississippi
UP is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.

So, how do you track your truck on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.

CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

NS Norfolk Southern
1. Call 800-635-5768
2. Press 2.
3. Press 2.
4. Enter the letters on the numeric keypad then press #. As in: TTGX will be 8849
5. Enter the numbers then press #. It wasn't taking my voice prompts but typing worked.
Sponsored

Hordak

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well it’s built as of 6/21, but no shipping info yet.
I got an email saying it was going through some final checks and should arrive in PA between 7/11 -7-17.
Did anyone else get that type of email? Something like…”Great news! Your 2022 Bronco Base4 Door has been built. Right now, we are performing some final inspections on your vehicle to get it ready for shipment. While this could add time to your wait, it ensures that we deliver a vehicle that you can depend on.”
Yep, I got that exact email. And that was the last update I’ve received. Still “waiting for shipment”.

Narcotizer

Wildtrak
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Whew, ok, that’s good to hear - it’s a standard email. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for both of us haha

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't know if this is helpful at all, but I got the Rail Car number from Ford Chat. Then I used the CSX automated line to track, which said my rail car was in Marion Yard Ohio June 28th and had no additional information. So then I called Union Pacific, and it said my rail car would arrive in Chicago July 3rd.

So if CSX says that it has no additional information, that might mean it's on another rail service at that point.

My estimated delivery of July 21st-28th seems pretty much in line now that I've tracked the train. I was hoping for a surprise early delivery, but it doesn't look like that's in the cards.

Swallace05

Outer Banks
First Name
Shelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2008 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally got a rail car number through Ford Chat this morning, becuase calling Ford and talking to my dealer didn't work. Good news is the Bronco is on the move. Arrived in Garrett, Indiana this morning and headed to Blue Island, Illinois. Still a long way from southeast Texas.

Sponsored

Soccerfan52

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey everybody - been hanging around Bronco6G but haven’t had the heart to join as I waited to see if I’d ever get a build. But here we finally are! I am in the 6/20 build week and it appears that my Bronco is nearing completion from everything I can gather. 16 weeks isn’t too bad to wait - I feel bad for those who have been waiting longer!

Jett_McCrazy

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My blend date was 6/23. Tear tag and modules popped on 6/25. Tracker still shows as ”In Production“.

I just got off with Ford Chat and they confirmed “Your vehicle is still in production. The ETA provided for production is Jul-23-2022 - Jul-29-2022.”

They had no further information on what the holdup is. Not sure what to make of it.

Jett_McCrazy

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I added a column for rail car # for those interested in seeing who you might be riding with.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Badlands was built and ”released to shipper” on 6/23. All trackers show still awaiting shipping. However, this popped this morning:
Ford Bronco 6/20/22 Build Week Group 7231EC75-9D25-4E69-B2F0-2BC955449E05

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My blend date was 6/23. Tear tag and modules popped on 6/25. Tracker still shows as ”In Production“.

I just got off with Ford Chat and they confirmed “Your vehicle is still in production. The ETA provided for production is Jul-23-2022 - Jul-29-2022.”

They had no further information on what the holdup is. Not sure what to make of it.
Almost looks like they are saying: "We started your Bronco, but were shutting down for three weeks and will start back on it when we get back"

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost looks like they are saying: "We started your Bronco, but were shutting down for three weeks and will start back on it when we get back"
I’m not sure that’s right. Might be a communication break down between the shipper and Ford? “Released to shipper” suggests the vehicle is built and in the hands of the shipper. Who knows? Positive thinking perhaps.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure that’s right. Might be a communication break down between the shipper and Ford. “Released to shipper” suggests the vehicle is built and in the hands of the shipper. Who knows? Positive thinking perhaps.
Where did it say released to shipper in his quote? All I read was "still in production"

49faith

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just chatted Ford and since my status is still "In production" they couldn't tell me my rail car. It was worth a try but they still said it should be at the dealer by 7/26. Not holding my breath.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted it just ahead of the one you quoted.
Sponsored