Springbok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BMW X3M, 15 BMW X5, 14 PORSCHE BOXSTER S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This has been obviously coming for a month plus, and I suspect it’s not even close to the last bit of “bad news”. A company with a long history of suspect decision making and below average customer service doesn’t suddenly change their stripes because they finally design a vehicle people want to buy (myself included!).

Interested to see if/when they add ac to back seats, among other glaring design flaws......
Sponsored

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, if they offered the 200,000 points to MIC holders who got the email (🤚 ) and that switch to a soft top, I'd consider it. Then we could just buy the hard top when it comes out (if ever) and not pay out the ass for it.
But what if you switch and then get a build date scheduled before Sept, and therefor don't get the kit?

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s started!

BBED954D-021D-4E13-9311-5F7E17DE2F3F.jpeg

Here are the dealer FAQ’s as well:

Customer Communication FAQS – 6.25.2021

What roof options are available Broncos?
See attached Updated Bronco Roof Options guide for a breakdown of each roof option, also available within the Bronco Dashboard → Additional Resources → Vehicle Information.
  • 2-door Broncos (only available with hardtop roofs):
    • 2021 & 2022MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC)
    • 2023MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Modular, contrasting white modular, and body color painted modular
  • 4-door Broncos: o
    • 2021 & 2022MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Cloth Soft Top
    • 2023MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Cloth Soft Top, Black Modular, contrasting white modular, and body color painted modular, Dual top options
Why is the painted roof now pushed to late next year as a 23MY option? We are working as fast as we can to try and get through the hardtop roof Bronco bottleneck. We originally intended to build roughly 80% hardtops and 20% soft tops. That ratio is now closer to 60% hardtops and 40% soft tops. Our roof supplier is doing this by focusing all efforts on producing as many molded in color (MIC) hardtops as possible. The other versions of the top will come late next year. Our goal is to build as many customer Broncos at the highest quality this year.

Are 2-door Broncos still being produced for 21MY given the hardtop roof challenges? Yes. 2-door Broncos will continue to be produced throughout the 21 model year. 2-door Broncos will only be built with the molded in color hardtop roof. Based on demand, some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco.

How are Bronco 2-door and 4-door First Edition customers impacted by this news? All Bronco First Edition orders will be scheduled and built throughout the 2021 model year with the previously announced MIC roof.

What is included in the hardtop prep kit? The hardtop prep kit is included on all 4-door soft top orders, effective with September 21MY production. The kit includes the proper connections for rear windshield wiper and rear defroster as well as the controls needed for these features.

If a customer switches to a soft top roof, does that guarantee them a 2021MY Bronco? Switching to a soft top will expedite a customer’s order, however, it does not guarantee a 21MY. Scheduling is based on a number of factors including reservation timestamp, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives.

Will the hardtop prep kit be available for customers whose 4-door soft top Bronco is built before September production? No. Hardtop prep kit will be included on all 4-door Broncos, beginning with September production

If a customer no longer wants to wait for a delayed roof, can they update their order to be considered for 21MY scheduling? Yes. We encourage any customer who would like to be considered for 21MY production to update their order to a buildable roof option (soft top w/ prep kit or MIC hardtop) and request their dealership remove the 99-priority scheduling code. Once their order has been updated, we will continue to use their reservation timestamp as one of the factors determining if their unit gets scheduled.

How will a customer be able to get a hardtop roof when available in 2023? Hardtop roofs will be available as an accessory ordered through their dealership. While we cannot provide a price yet, the freight shipping costs to get the roofs to dealers will cause the cost to be more than the factory installed option.

How do we handle a customer who wants to wait for a 23MY roof option? If a customer has already converted their reservation to an order, we encourage dealerships keep their scheduling priority code at 99. We will have more information available at a later date regarding the 22MY ordering process and recommended processes for customers choosing to wait.

What changes are coming for 22MY production? Customers can expect to see updated paint colors – including green, special editions, manual Sasquatch package, and 4-door Sasquatch with roof rack. We will have complete details when the Build & Price site opens.

When does 23MY production begin? 2023 model year production will begin in late Q4 2022.

Will a customer’s reservation timestamp still apply for 23MY? Yes. Timestamps will continue to be a factor in scheduling throughout future model years. At this time there is no expiration date for reservations. Scheduling is based on a number of factors including reservation timestamp, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives.

How does a customer know if they are eligible for the 200,000 FordPass Reward points offer? FordPass Rewards bonus offers are only visible to dealerships via the Member Portal dealer facing tool. All offers have been loaded into the system. Customers who were previously eligible for the 200,000 FPR point offer ($1,000 value) will not change; only the criteria requiring delivery of a 21MY Bronco has been updated to also include 22MY deliveries.

What does price protection mean? For any customers with a Bronco reservation or order as of March 19, 2021 Ford will ensure that you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalently equipped 22 or 23 model year Bronco.

How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability.

5C002F71-8EC2-4A26-98F0-27E312A91710.jpeg

Someone needs to fill me in to get your connections. You had this an hour before I did.

I love how the big updates always come up on Friday afternoon. 😃

There's some bad in there, but some good too for those willing to take a soft top now.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
mod top is not the same thing as a hard top

nobody has seen a mod top in person they dont even exist yet
I did on the Outer Banks fishing rig. I realize that's an early build before someone jumps on me.

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Someone needs to fill me in to get your connections. You had this an hour before I did.

I love how the big updates always come up on Friday afternoon. 😃

There's some bad in there, but some good too for those willing to take a soft top now.
It was shared to my PM admins thread in on my Bronco Babes fb page. What I posted wasn’t fancy. They fancied it up.

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was shared to my PM admins thread in on my Bronco Babes fb page.
Sounds like I need to hangout with the bronco babes then! You ladies are in the know!

Loubiz90

Base
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have same build no vin and received the email.
Smh,
2door MIC all along for me and I got the Comm. But I'm MY22 anyway on late res.

Maybe those who didn't are scheduled and don't know it!
That crossed my mind about mine, but I'm not in the business of getting my hopes up too high as this has gone lol

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've been a Ford-only person for my entire life. Decided to test drive a Defender a little while back and it really blew me away. it was the 4-door with the 6 cylinder. Quiet interior, smooth ride, felt really solid and planted, plenty of power... I was sort of surprised I liked it so much, to be honest. If you're thinking about it, I'd definitely try it out. Even better if you can find one with advanced 4x4 (which includes the air ride).

The 2020-2022 are all basically the same feature-wise, though the 2020's are sort of known for "first year" issues, but a test drive should feel the same if that's all they have available.
Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit 1624658107221

2021 LAND ROVER DEFENDER$62,700.00
DEFENDER 110DEFENDER SE3.0L P400 i6 GAS (395 HP) MHEVBASE MSRP FROM *
CONFIGURED OPTIONS TOTAL$4,300.00
Delivery Charge$1,350.00
TOTAL MSRP *$68,350.00
ESTIMATE YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENT
YOUR BUILD
EXTERIOR$0.00
  • Fuji White$0.00
  • Gloss Finish$0.00
  • 20" Style 5094, 5 Spoke, Gloss Silver Finish$0.00
  • Off-Road Tires$0.00
  • 20" Full Size Spare Wheel$0.00
  • Body-colored Roof$0.00
  • Standard Roof$0.00
  • Black Roof Rails$0.00
  • Privacy Glass$0.00
  • Premium LED Headlights with Signature DRL$0.00
INTERIOR$800.00
  • 5 Seats$0.00
  • Khaki Grained Leather and Robust Woven Textile Seat Facings with Ebony Interior$0.00
  • 12-way Heated and Cooled Electric Memory Front Seats with 2-way Manual Headrests$800.00
  • 40:20:40 Folding Rear Seats with Center Armrest$0.00
  • Center Console with Armrest$0.00
  • Light Oyster Morzine Headlining$0.00
  • Cross car beam in Light Grey Powder Coat Brushed finish$0.00
  • Standard Leather Steering Wheel$0.00
  • Electrically Adjustable Steering Column$0.00
  • Leather Gearshift$0.00
  • Meridian™ Sound System$0.00
  • 10" Touchscreen$0.00
  • Interactive Driver Display$0.00
OPTIONS$3,500.00
  • Off-Road Pack$1,550.00
  • Advanced Off-Road Capability Pack$750.00
  • Electronic Active Differential$0.00
  • Adaptive Cruise Control$1,200.00
ACCESSORIES$0.00

70k and I left a lot of boxes unchecked. I am sure it is a great vehicle but at that price I would just get an F250 Lariat Tremor with the 7.3l and put 15k in my pocket.

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I held off and 99 my reservation to place an order for 2022 as I wanted the mod top.
When will the 2022 ordering start? Will the soft top, free points and kit be available if I decide I can live with soft top until mod is available.

Looks like I should have placed my order. Ugh

Sponsored
OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like I need to hangout with the bronco babes then! You ladies are in the know!
I posted the laymen’s version. Doug made it fancy!😄😄😁😁

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure my ‘66 Bronco just doubled in value again!!

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, as a 2dr MIC top with a boatload of constraints and an extremely early Res. Date/time, nothing changes. Still in a holding pattern.

The only thing I’m now considering is possibly ditching, Lux for high and dropping Sas and the 2.7 auto for 2.3 manual and the black high gloss wheels. Maybe that will help? I wish my salesman would talk to me and discuss options. My guy is worthless. Any takers? I have a 7/13 6:10Pm MT reservation and #1 of 56 allocation and no build date.
Kerry... I'm thinking of dropping the 2.7 and going with the 2.3... but keep the automatic. There is, of course, still the matter of the MIC. :cry:

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"we won't be able to solely produce customer orders."

So they'll be producing thousands of 4DR Big Bends with soft tops for dealers to sell while we wait for the hardtop Broncos we ordered a year ago. Unreal.

And 2DR Bronco orders are screwed. Lovely.
Yeah, that little bit Ford slipped in there really ticks me off! We have paid for a reservation, and most of us have paid a deposit through our dealers, The majority of us have never sat in, let alone driven a Bronco. We have been waiting "patiently" for a build date. Now we are told that our orders will have to compete for commodities with dealer orders. Wait until 2023 for a Bronco? I think not.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Night of reservation-no Vin and no email. Maybe because I’m a Wildtrak and we are fucked.
Sponsored