BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No company is going to tell you EXACTLY what is going wrong.
of course, but thatā€™s part of my point. The poster I was responding to said Ford was being pretty transparent. I disagree. Being transparent means telling us everything and theyā€™re not going to do that.

For better or for worse they begrudgingly give us small bits of info only when they have to. Iā€™m not giving them credit for something they havenā€™t earned

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canā€™t believe that there are people in this thread that are siding with Ford. This hardtop issue (that seems to be the biggest culprit in delays) is not even COVID related. And the fact they used that as an excuse is reprehensible.

Also, are 2-door customers not valued at Ford? No soft top option to expedite OUR builds. You know, the soft tops you offered in place of MIC tops, which now you are having trouble with as well?

itā€™s moot at this point,but where the F is that email EVERYONE was going to get with an estimated build date? How fucking long do you think weā€™re just going to sit here waiting on your incompetence? If we were half as this incompetent and untrustworthy at our jobs, weā€™d be fired. But you guys? ā€œLETS ROLL OUT ANOTHER NEW VEHICLEā€¦.WHEEEEEEE!ā€

I got so excited when I saw a Ford email waiting for me, just to be kicked in the balls for about the 10th time. And now dealers and Johnny-Come-Latelys are going to be getting Broncos before diehard, early reservation holders? What fucking planet
are you from?

<rant over. I wonā€™t be back on here for a few weeks. Unless I buy something else instead, then I wonā€™t be back at all>

imatexan3

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra All-Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe price protection is for Reservation holders as well. You should be good.

47D8886F-8333-4C3C-9549-3119DD9847EB.jpeg
The way itā€™s worded, it seems like you had to have your reservation or order in by March 19th. I was March 30th. So Iā€™d miss it by 11 days.

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone have any insight how this affects someone that ā€˜99ā€™d a FE? Particularly, is there any problem un ā€˜99ing one and how does price protection work if deferred to ā€˜23 since they say on an equivalent vehicle and obviously no FE in ā€˜23.
There is no problem un-99ing an FE. I did it last month.

Sponsored

imatexan3

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra All-Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huh? You paid the entire price of the vehicle sight unseen well before it arrives?

There were 3 different emails sent out depending on what you originally ordered.

What did you ORDER? A Badlands or Big Bend. It sounds like it applies to whatever you ORDERED if you placed an order. Though it's hard to determine because if you ordered something already, the reservation wouldn't matter.

No company is going to tell you EXACTLY what is going wrong.

As someone pointed out, it appears to also apply to anyone that had a reservation as of March whatever it was 2021.

I agree they should've applied it to any applicable orders.
The way itā€™s worded, it seems like you had to have your reservation or order in by March 19th. I was March 30th. So Iā€™d miss it by 11 days.

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Something does NOT add up here.

I know the Webasto folks pretty well, and while I havenā€™t spoken to them about Bronco since the problems allegedly began (not that theyā€™d answer a media publications questions publicly anyway) they are an ASTONISHINGLY large and diversified company.

Just about every single convertible top on the market is manufactured by Webasto. From BMW to Mercedes to Chevy to Jeep (they do the power top) they have truly monsterous engineering and production capabilities that would baffle your mind.
Unfortunately these companies, both Ford or Webasto wonā€™t answer questions point blank about whatā€™s going on. I will say after talking to the lead Webasto engineers there engineering might and patents span the entire industry. I have a hard time believing
they canā€™t build some molded plastic.

Last edited:

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Something does NOT add up here.

I know the Webasto folks pretty well, and while I havenā€™t spoken to them about Bronco since the problems allegedly began (not that theyā€™d answer a media publications questions publicly anyway) they are an ASTONISHINGLY large and diversified company.

Just about every single convertible top on the market is manufactured by Webasto. From BMW to Mercedes to Chevy to Jeep (they do the power top) they have truly monsterous engineering and production capabilities that would baffle your mind.
Unfortunately these companies, both Ford or Webasto wonā€™t answer questions point blank about whatā€™s going on. I will say after talking to the lead Webasto engineers there engineering might and patents span the entire industry. I have a hard time believing
they canā€™t build some molded plastic.
You're the media outlet with connections... Make a story out of it.

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I canā€™t believe that there are people in this thread that are siding with Ford. This hardtop issue (that seems to be the biggest culprit in delays) is not even COVID related. And the fact they used that as an excuse is reprehensible.

Also, are 2-door customers not valued at Ford? No soft top option to expedite OUR builds. You know, the soft tops you offered in place of MIC tops, which now you are having trouble with as well?

itā€™s moot at this point,but where the F is that email EVERYONE was going to get with an estimated build date? How fucking long do you think weā€™re just going to sit here waiting on your incompetence? If we were half as this incompetent and untrustworthy at our jobs, weā€™d be fired. But you guys? ā€œLETS ROLL OUT ANOTHER NEW VEHICLEā€¦.WHEEEEEEE!ā€

I got so excited when I saw a Ford email waiting for me, just to be kicked in the balls for about the 10th time. And now dealers and Johnny-Come-Latelys are going to be getting Broncos before diehard, early reservation holders? What fucking planet
are you from?

<rant over. I wonā€™t be back on here for a few weeks. Unless I buy something else instead, then I wonā€™t be back at all>
whatā€™s the deal on dealerships and late comers getting Broncos earlier than Day 1 reservation holders? Was that in this email?

Sponsored

jqgil

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SLK, Prius, Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m trying really hard to hang in there.
Ford is making it very difficult.
Wagoneer?

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,
We're happy to report that Broncos are officially rolling off the production line.
Here. We. Go.
But the ongoing challenges with our hardtop roof supplier continue to impact our plans. We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to solely produce customer orders, as hoped. This also means a longer wait for those who ordered a molded in color hardtop.
Additionally, for the 2022 model, hardtop roof timing has taken another hit: our black, contrasting white, body color painted modular, and dual top roofs will now arrive in the 2023 model year. Until then, we can offer the carbonized gray molded in color hardtop as the only hardtop option for 2 and 4-door Broncos.
Like you, we're frustrated by these delays.
So, here's what we're going to do:
  • FordPass Rewards Extension thru 2022 model year - In March we announced a 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points offer ($1,000 value). You can explore how to use these points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more information on the options and can also explain how to redeem the points at time of delivery.
  • Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.
  • Free Hardtop Prep Kit - Today we're announcing that all 4-door soft tops, beginning with September production, will include a hardtop prep kit at no additional cost. The prep kit enables you to order a soft top now and purchase a hardtop later. We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. If you're interested contact your dealer before July 16, 2021.
If you have questions about product updates or offers please reach out to your Ford Dealer directly or our Bronco Support Team at 800-334-4375. They're ready to help.
Rest assured that no matter what you decide, we're working around the clock to get you and your Bronco out into the wild.
Sincerely,
The Entire Bronco Team
Anyone know why my letter was missing:

• FordPass Rewards Extension thru 2022 model year - In March we announced a 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points offer ($1,000 value). You can explore how to use these points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more information on the options and can also explain how to redeem the points at time of delivery.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How the F did you get a two door vin?
how many vins exist for two doors, like 3??
My order was not made through a dealer, it was placed by military auto sales through Ford's WDMO (worldwide direct market operations). This basically means that I am going through a different process. I don't get emails, Ford tracking says that my VIN isn't a US VIN (it obviously is). However I can pull it up on the tracker here on B6G.

Huh? You paid the entire price of the vehicle sight unseen well before it arrives?
That's how the military sales program works, you have to have all funding in place at least 30 days in advance of delivery.

https://militaryautosource.com/

It's a program specifically for service members returning from overseas to get a vehicle at a discount (under MSRP). In the case of the Bronco, my price was just under MSRP (by less than 1%). Although, they guarantee that they will refund the difference in price if you can find the same vehicle for a lower price.

So that is how I managed to get a 2dr VIN with a 15 Jan 2021 reservation and a 4 May 2021 order. I got my VIN and PSP dates on the 24th of May. I am likely getting bumped from the 7/26/2021 PSP date.
Sponsored