Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No VIN. Two days ago.
After all your contributions to the forums, I hope you get some good news next week. If it works for you, I might have to follow suit. Good luck!
Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So that is how I managed to get a 2dr VIN with a 15 Jan 2021 reservation and a 4 May 2021 order. I got my VIN and PSP dates on the 24th of May. I am likely getting bumped from the 7/26/2021 PSP date.
FINALLY!!! Somebody I have zero problem going to the front of the line.

Thx for your service. Hope it all works out for you.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FINALLY!!! Somebody I have zero problem going to the front of the line.

Thx for your service. Hope it all works out for you.
No, I have no business going to the front of the line. However, I do know others who I would gladly put in front of me (those are the men and women who deserve it). I just feel fortunate to serve. However, I do appreciate your sentiments! Thank you.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After all your contributions to the forums, I hope you get some good news next week. If it works for you, I might have to follow suit. Good luck!
Thank you! Unfortunately all these emails are negatively affecting the sense of a Bronco community. I would like to receive a MY21 and I have done the best I can to make that happen. If it does happen, I plan to be very quiet. Too much stress in the community.

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not going to read through all 47 pages of this thread so far... but basically this email says "sorry all Wildtrak orders, we're only making a limited number in 2021."

Hey Ford, I can't even change my WT order to a soft top because IT FREAKING COMES STANDARD WITH A HARD TOP!!!

How about making a soft top Wildtrak for me now and sending me a FREE MIC top later?!!! Horrible PR from Ford and top down business decisions.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

of course, but that’s part of my point. The poster I was responding to said Ford was being pretty transparent. I disagree. Being transparent means telling us everything and they’re not going to do that.

For better or for worse they begrudgingly give us small bits of info only when they have to. I’m not giving them credit for something they haven’t earned
Ford could just as easily say absolutely nothing and not send any emails and leave people waiting, but they're telling people what's happening, even if it's bad.

It's obviously a fluid situation that they hoped would've been fixed already but are having to take even more drastic measures.

I don't like it at all - it means another year of waiting for me, but there's nothing I can do about it, and complaining isn't going to ultimately accomplish anything.

I can’t believe that there are people in this thread that are siding with Ford. This hardtop issue (that seems to be the biggest culprit in delays) is not even COVID related. And the fact they used that as an excuse is reprehensible.

Also, are 2-door customers not valued at Ford? No soft top option to expedite OUR builds. You know, the soft tops you offered in place of MIC tops, which now you are having trouble with as well?

it’s moot at this point,but where the F is that email EVERYONE was going to get with an estimated build date? How fucking long do you think we’re just going to sit here waiting on your incompetence? If we were half as this incompetent and untrustworthy at our jobs, we’d be fired. But you guys? “LETS ROLL OUT ANOTHER NEW VEHICLE….WHEEEEEEE!”

I got so excited when I saw a Ford email waiting for me, just to be kicked in the balls for about the 10th time. And now dealers and Johnny-Come-Latelys are going to be getting Broncos before diehard, early reservation holders? What fucking planet
are you from?

<rant over. I won’t be back on here for a few weeks. Unless I buy something else instead, then I won’t be back at all>
I don't know if anyone is "siding" with Ford, it's more that what else are you going to do? Complaining endlessly isn't going to make a Bronco appear faster.

The idea that covid had nothing to do with it is laughable. Obviously not the only thing going on, but it obviously played a factor as well - it's causing havoc across all industries.

Anyone know why my letter was missing:

• FordPass Rewards Extension thru 2022 model year - In March we announced a 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points offer ($1,000 value). You can explore how to use these points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more information on the options and can also explain how to redeem the points at time of delivery.
Looks like you got a Badlands? Did you order a MOD top?

The FordPass Rewards they're referring to were only offered to people that ordered MOD tops that then switched to a MIC or soft top.

If you never ordered a MOD top, you wouldn't have been offered the points originally, and wouldn't now.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something does NOT add up here.

I know the Webasto folks pretty well, and while I haven’t spoken to them about Bronco since the problems allegedly began (not that they’d answer a media publications questions publicly anyway) they are an ASTONISHINGLY large and diversified company.

Just about every single convertible top on the market is manufactured by Webasto. From BMW to Mercedes to Chevy to Jeep (they do the power top) they have truly monsterous engineering and production capabilities that would baffle your mind.
Unfortunately these companies, both Ford or Webasto won’t answer questions point blank about what’s going on. I will say after talking to the lead Webasto engineers there engineering might and patents span the entire industry. I have a hard time believing
they can’t build some molded plastic.
This is a million dollar question rn

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you! Unfortunately all these emails are negatively affecting the sense of a Bronco community. I would like to receive a MY21 and I have done the best I can to make that happen. If it does happen, I plan to be very quiet. Too much stress in the community.
Yes Sir! It’s a struggle to keep perspective, then you read posts from guys like you and TK1215 and it always brings me back around.

Tag me if possible if you get an email. I like to hear when the good guys win.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford could just as easily say absolutely nothing and not send any emails and leave people waiting, but they're telling people what's happening, even if it's bad.

It's obviously a fluid situation that they hoped would've been fixed already but are having to take even more drastic measures.

I don't like it at all - it means another year of waiting for me, but there's nothing I can do about it, and complaining isn't going to ultimately accomplish anything.
understood. But let’s also not give them unnecessary credit for things they haven’t done. Ford and Webasto have screwed this up beyond the Covid excuse. They need to feel this.

I’m fine if you don’t want to complain. Not complaining is much healthier haha. But let’s not sugar coat it either.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Something does NOT add up here.

I know the Webasto folks pretty well, and while I haven’t spoken to them about Bronco since the problems allegedly began (not that they’d answer a media publications questions publicly anyway) they are an ASTONISHINGLY large and diversified company.

Just about every single convertible top on the market is manufactured by Webasto. From BMW to Mercedes to Chevy to Jeep (they do the power top) they have truly monsterous engineering and production capabilities that would baffle your mind.
Unfortunately these companies, both Ford or Webasto won’t answer questions point blank about what’s going on. I will say after talking to the lead Webasto engineers there engineering might and patents span the entire industry. I have a hard time believing
they can’t build some molded plastic.
It might be hard to believe that a company as big and as proven as Webasto are having such big issues making the tops. However that’s the reality of where we are.

When some of the Ford plants were shut down awhile back, some plant workers went on temporary assignment to the new Webasto plant to help build the MIC tops. I’m not going to @ him because I don’t know that he would want to be quoted by a media publication, but a member here was one of those workers. He pretty much described the new Webasto plant as a shit show from top to bottom. 🤷‍♂️ Webasto processes, produced tops not being up to snuff(something that has since been addressed), worker turnover... so yeah, believe it.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

understood. But let’s also not give them unnecessary credit for things they haven’t done. Ford and Webasto have screwed this up beyond the Covid excuse. They need to feel this.

I’m fine if you don’t want to complain. Not complaining is much healthier haha. But let’s not sugar coat it either.
Not trying to sugar coat anything, and now sure how you'd think they don't feel it.......I complained early in the thread a few times - as a day 1 Wildtrak reservation/"orderer", I'm getting absolutely nothing for the privilege of waiting an extra year for my Bronco - no FordPass points, no soft top option, no MOD top parts dept price guarantee, nothing - I'm just as frustrated as anybody, but what is repeating the same thing over and over going to do aside from get me stressed out and ultimately accomplish nothing?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trying to sugar coat anything, and now sure how you'd think they don't feel it.......I complained early in the thread a few times - as a day 1 Wildtrak reservation/"orderer", I'm getting absolutely nothing for the privilege of waiting an extra year for my Bronco - no FordPass points, no soft top option, no MOD top parts dept price guarantee, nothing - I'm just as frustrated as anybody, but what is repeating the same thing over and over going to do aside from get me stressed out and ultimately accomplish nothing?
Not expecting any good to come out of it tbh. That’s the sad part. At this point I would be the crazy one if I expected Ford to get something right lol.

you quoted me and I was just explaining myself. Our insider (who I appreciate btw) said Ford was being pretty transparent. I disagreed with that is all. I don’t think they’re doing us any favors but more so covering their own butts and I don’t want that narrative to change

regardless we’re all screwed over this so cheers to all! Sorry we can’t get what we want and Ford can’t get it to us sooner

Joker352

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So basically, me going after a 2dr base squatch with the 2.7, reservation not in thr first few days...I'm completely blown out till some unknown date in '22. This breakdown is much more informative than the email, but admittedly a bit disappointing. Welp, guess I'll continue to save and drop half the rigs cost in a down payment!

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It might be hard to believe that a company as big and as proven as Webasto are having such big issues making the tops. However that’s the reality of where we are.

When some of the Ford plants were shut down awhile back, some plant workers went on temporary assignment to the new Webasto plant to help build the MIC tops. I’m not going to @ him because I don’t know that he would want to be quoted by a media publication, but a member here was one of those workers. He pretty much described the new Webasto plant as a shit show from top to bottom. 🤷‍♂️ Webasto processes, produced tops not being up to snuff(something that has since been addressed), worker turnover... so yeah, believe it.
yes I believe it also. i know many people from the Ford plant I work at that went to help at Webasto when our plant was down and some are still there and they said it was the worst run operation they had ever seen in a manufacturing facility. It’s getting better but slowly.
Sponsored