Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gah....I wish they would give us SOME timeline - we are now a one-car household waiting on this - I seriously find myself considering getting the soft top and then getting the hard top later.... Unless I just rode it out on my 7/14 reservation and if I get it by end of year I'll be happy but I can't know that, and they want you to let them know in 3 weeks haha

Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They have done it. Backed out on every single promise they ever made to us.

Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit b7-85db-4885-1c85-c90335019200&sig=FDrTleotEk52q0

Hello,
We're happy to report that Broncos are officially rolling off the production line.
Here. We. Go.
But the ongoing challenges with our hardtop roof supplier continue to impact our plans. We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to solely produce customer orders, as hoped. This also means a longer wait for those who ordered a molded in color hardtop.
Additionally, for the 2022 model, hardtop roof timing has taken another hit: our black, contrasting white, body color painted modular, and dual top roofs will now arrive in the 2023 model year. Until then, we can offer the carbonized gray molded in color hardtop as the only hardtop option for 2 and 4-door Broncos.
Like you, we're frustrated by these delays.
So, here's what we're going to do:
  • FordPass Rewards Extension thru 2022 model year - In March we announced a 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points offer ($1,000 value). You can explore how to use these points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more information on the options and can also explain how to redeem the points at time of delivery.
  • Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.
  • Free Hardtop Prep Kit - Today we're announcing that all 4-door soft tops, beginning with September production, will include a hardtop prep kit at no additional cost. The prep kit enables you to order a soft top now and purchase a hardtop later. We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. If you're interested contact your dealer before July 16, 2021.
If you have questions about product updates or offers please reach out to your Ford Dealer directly or our Bronco Support Team at 800-334-4375. They're ready to help.
Rest assured that no matter what you decide, we're working around the clock to get you and your Bronco out into the wild.
Sincerely,
The Entire Bronco Team

Last edited:

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year" WTH?

This is now getting pretty ridiculous.....I'm not ordering a soft top on a 50k dollar vehicle. I'm not going to lie this maybe the nail in the coffin for the Bronco if thats the case. I'm down to one car thinking I would have a Bronco by now.

Edit: Where is the discounts from Ford as well for staying loyal through this whole ordeal???

Cabronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok, so, from what I’m gathering, I should just change my order to soft top in hopes I’ll land a 2021 or 2022. Cry a lot. Then wait to 2023 to have a hardtop. Is that a fair assessment? Or is changing my order a stupid idea? :/

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But the ongoing challenges with our hardtop roof supplier continue to impact our plans. We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to solely produce customer orders, as hoped.
I'm unclear how this makes any sense.

We can't produce enough hard tops, and now we're having to produce more soft tops than planned.

So how does that equal producing Broncos outside of what customers have ordered?

You going to produce some Broncos with NO top to sell on the lots to people that didn't reserve an order a year ago?

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, how is green on MIC or a soft top going to look?

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Huh?