Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still very murky for those of us who ordered a Two door. Why not address that in the email?
likely a production decision.

since ford is not offering a soft top for 2 doors , they likely are shifting production to knock out all the 2 door orders they have so they can move onto the hard tops for the 4 doors which are likely much higher in number.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"we won't be able to solely produce customer orders."

So they'll be producing thousands of 4DR Big Bends with soft tops for dealers to sell while we wait for the hardtop Broncos we ordered a year ago. Unreal.

And 2DR Bronco orders are screwed. Lovely.
yup, complete and total horse shit...Webasto is run by fucking idiots, Ford is run by even bigger idiots

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is in the prep kit? Does this mean it is pre-wired for the rear defroster and wiper electric/fluid?
Is this installed too or just a box full of wires....?
Hey maybe it'll be like the older PowerCode remote start kits. The car comes "prepped" (halfway), you can order the kit, but the installation instructions are accessed through the dealer-only Oasis system. Better be good at using Google!

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I swapped out my mod top for mic during the window to do so and swapped trims, dollars to donuts this $1000 in Ford points for 2022 has some restriction that cancels those points, like switching trims with switching the mod top. They also should change the wording of how they 'hoped to build only reservations' to "we guaranteed as part of the reservation deal that we would". The result is the same, but they could be decent enough to not lie about it

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took this as at full production they will burn through the customer orders that include soft tops, and will have no choice to then start producing dealer stock with soft tops as they don't want to slow production down.
Bingo. Them building big bend and OBX soft top 4 cylinder Broncos will have zero impact on your build if it’s the one commodity constraint. It’s not like they’re going to build a bunch of wildtrak hard tops for dealers. If you want one of those you can switch your order 🤷‍♂️

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Headline is a little deceiving here - CERTAIN types of Hard Tops are delayed til 2023MY - not anything with a MIC top.

As shitty as this update is - I still think you will see early reservation holders 7/13-7/15 see build dates within the next 4-6 months.

The reason they're doing all this is because they have 150,000 orders that span from July 2019 when they first announced all the way up to March 2020 when they placed orders - as a 7/14 reservation holder I still feel confident I will get my Bronco before the end of the year - they have to cover their asses for the whole spectrum of orders, it's shitty and they should be giving prioritized updates based on order dates but I'm still remaining patient. I've waited this long....

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL glad I am now waiting on a c8 and not a 50k 4 cyl that is 18 more months out

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they'll be producing thousands of 4DR Big Bends with soft tops for dealers to sell while we wait for the hardtop Broncos we ordered a year ago. Unreal.
Hit. The. Nail. On. The. Head.

They are going to mass produce softops for dealer stock and sell them like hotcakes. Then, when everyone who switched their order from SUMMER OF FUCKING 2020 to a soft top tries to buy a hardtop in '23, all of the people who bought dealer stock this year will also be buying and you'll have to wait even longer due to demand.

Nite93

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a bad feeling while I was at Webasto that they weren't going to be able to make mod tops for MY22. The bonding robots had a difficult time lifting the extra weight of the mod tops to be bonded together. I had heard while working at Webasto, they were building another factory in metro Detroit(wanna say Rochester). I don't know how true that is but it makes sense now. The factory in Plymouth isn't big enough to handle building both mic and mod tops.