First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're taking the news a lot easier over on Bronco Nation lol.
Maybe that is because of the picture in the BN thread includes the only 2 door that has a Modular Hard Top and Tubular doors. The Autoshow Bronco.
Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit 1624658863688

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford should eat crow on this one and not ship any non-reservations to dealers that way dealers are pissed off just like the reservation customers....maybe Ford would start thinking outside the box to fix this sh*tshow!

Jedi2.0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7/13 res and no vin yet. I just changed to a soft top in fear that if I didn’t I wouldn’t get a 2021.

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s started!

Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit 1624659346066

Here are the dealer FAQ’s as well:

Customer Communication FAQS – 6.25.2021

What roof options are available Broncos?
See attached Updated Bronco Roof Options guide for a breakdown of each roof option, also available within the Bronco Dashboard → Additional Resources → Vehicle Information.
  • 2-door Broncos (only available with hardtop roofs):
    • 2021 & 2022MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC)
    • 2023MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Modular, contrasting white modular, and body color painted modular
  • 4-door Broncos: o
    • 2021 & 2022MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Cloth Soft Top
    • 2023MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Cloth Soft Top, Black Modular, contrasting white modular, and body color painted modular, Dual top options
Why is the painted roof now pushed to late next year as a 23MY option? We are working as fast as we can to try and get through the hardtop roof Bronco bottleneck. We originally intended to build roughly 80% hardtops and 20% soft tops. That ratio is now closer to 60% hardtops and 40% soft tops. Our roof supplier is doing this by focusing all efforts on producing as many molded in color (MIC) hardtops as possible. The other versions of the top will come late next year. Our goal is to build as many customer Broncos at the highest quality this year.

Are 2-door Broncos still being produced for 21MY given the hardtop roof challenges? Yes. 2-door Broncos will continue to be produced throughout the 21 model year. 2-door Broncos will only be built with the molded in color hardtop roof. Based on demand, some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco.

How are Bronco 2-door and 4-door First Edition customers impacted by this news? All Bronco First Edition orders will be scheduled and built throughout the 2021 model year with the previously announced MIC roof.

What is included in the hardtop prep kit? The hardtop prep kit is included on all 4-door soft top orders, effective with September 21MY production. The kit includes the proper connections for rear windshield wiper and rear defroster as well as the controls needed for these features.

If a customer switches to a soft top roof, does that guarantee them a 2021MY Bronco? Switching to a soft top will expedite a customer’s order, however, it does not guarantee a 21MY. Scheduling is based on a number of factors including reservation timestamp, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives.

Will the hardtop prep kit be available for customers whose 4-door soft top Bronco is built before September production? No. Hardtop prep kit will be included on all 4-door Broncos, beginning with September production

If a customer no longer wants to wait for a delayed roof, can they update their order to be considered for 21MY scheduling? Yes. We encourage any customer who would like to be considered for 21MY production to update their order to a buildable roof option (soft top w/ prep kit or MIC hardtop) and request their dealership remove the 99-priority scheduling code. Once their order has been updated, we will continue to use their reservation timestamp as one of the factors determining if their unit gets scheduled.

How will a customer be able to get a hardtop roof when available in 2023? Hardtop roofs will be available as an accessory ordered through their dealership. While we cannot provide a price yet, the freight shipping costs to get the roofs to dealers will cause the cost to be more than the factory installed option.

How do we handle a customer who wants to wait for a 23MY roof option? If a customer has already converted their reservation to an order, we encourage dealerships keep their scheduling priority code at 99. We will have more information available at a later date regarding the 22MY ordering process and recommended processes for customers choosing to wait.

What changes are coming for 22MY production? Customers can expect to see updated paint colors – including green, special editions, manual Sasquatch package, and 4-door Sasquatch with roof rack. We will have complete details when the Build & Price site opens.

When does 23MY production begin? 2023 model year production will begin in late Q4 2022.

Will a customer’s reservation timestamp still apply for 23MY? Yes. Timestamps will continue to be a factor in scheduling throughout future model years. At this time there is no expiration date for reservations. Scheduling is based on a number of factors including reservation timestamp, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives.

How does a customer know if they are eligible for the 200,000 FordPass Reward points offer? FordPass Rewards bonus offers are only visible to dealerships via the Member Portal dealer facing tool. All offers have been loaded into the system. Customers who were previously eligible for the 200,000 FPR point offer ($1,000 value) will not change; only the criteria requiring delivery of a 21MY Bronco has been updated to also include 22MY deliveries.

What does price protection mean? For any customers with a Bronco reservation or order as of March 19, 2021 Ford will ensure that you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalently equipped 22 or 23 model year Bronco.

How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability.

5C002F71-8EC2-4A26-98F0-27E312A91710.jpeg
Not that anyone can answer this….what do people like me that have had a vin since April and have had the date moved 5 times do? We didn’t get the notice because we have a moving date and a vin. So what are the options for us? Ford screws the pooch again. So those of us that reserved, ordered and waited can continue to wait while now blow up the street can go pick up a bronco off the lot?

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
going to read between the lines here, and this is postulation and hypothesis.

But I know one thing that can happen between now and when MY23 production starts. A new supplier can be spun up and readied. and I'd put a fiver down right now that that's what Ford just did. Told Webasto to go get fucked and that they're filling any orders under contract, and that some other company is handling the important shit, since Webasto certainly can't
Yeah, but what supplier can do this? And why weren't they considered for vendor of choice originally? Or was Webasto the only vendor that could do these tops? (or not do them, depending on how you look at it) My guess is Webasto lied our their collective asses to get the work and then fell asleep on the couch.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It certainly appears that those of us that ordered 2drs did not get an email. Is this correct? I have received all the other mass emails.
just like you I have received all the mass ford bronco emails but not the latest hope this means good news for us. The consensus is that most of the 2 doors will receive the hard tops cause there less orders to fill and the only top option

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would gladly change to ST with the prep kit IF it included a price guarantee for the hard top. Don't want to get prison raped by FORD's dealer network when they become available.

nickf

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does this mean they’ll be opening up the order banks again so that people can make changes to their build?
Sponsored