Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

going to read between the lines here, and this is postulation and hypothesis.

But I know one thing that can happen between now and when MY23 production starts. A new supplier can be spun up and readied. and I'd put a fiver down right now that that's what Ford just did. Told Webasto to go get fucked and that they're filling any orders under contract, and that some other company is handling the important shit, since Webasto certainly can't
Switch to the company the makes the Jeep tops!!! Went camping a few weeks ago and just about everyone with an RV has a Jeep and they all had MIC and colored matched tops. What is the freaking problem!!!! Ford wasn't reinventing the wheel with these tops!!
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7/13 res and no vin yet. I just changed to a soft top in fear that if I didn’t I wouldn’t get a 2021.
Hopefully you didn’t screw yourself by bumping yourself to an August build

Does this mean they’ll be opening up the order banks again so that people can make changes to their build?
You’ve been free to make changes this entire time.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So anyone who ordered a Wildtrack is screwed because a soft top isn't even an option?
Pretty much. I won't settle for a soft top anyway because they look like ass.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So...I'm taking a chance here as I haven't read all 29 pages. But this email didn't strike me as all bad news.

If you were waiting for '22 for the mod top or white top, well, it's all bad news. Gotta wait until '23.

If you are waiting for a MIC top, not much has changed from before the email - they're still a major constraint, and so much so that they will be out of orders for a soft top and not enough MICs to finish Broncos coming off the line, so they'll be making stock soft tops before the end of MY21. But you can keep waiting and some are going to get their MIC tops this year and for some this will push them back to MY22. That actually squares with what we already were hearing. But, this email in no way says there won't be more MIC tops scheduled this year.

If you were one of those who wants a MIC but were saying to Ford that you'd switch to a soft top if they made the connections available so you could get a hard top later, congratulations - your feedback was heard and you can do that!

So, definitely a mixed bag. I think the worst news out of the email is that there won't be MICs available for part orders until 2023. That means they anticipate them continuing to be a constraint throughout the next calendar year. I'd bet they still think they can get through all customer orders next year (other than those who opt to wait for MY23 options, of course), but they will build some dealer stock before they make hard tops available through the parts counter. That last part is pure speculation on my part.
Besides the Mod top people getting screwed another year, I see this move by Ford only as a way to crank out a ton of basic bitch 4 door soft top builds that they can throw on the lot and move. Ford was stuck between a rock and a hard place with the ability to build way more Broncos with soft tops then the orders of reservations holders wanted. This move frees up the ability to sell dealer orders which they told us wouldn't happen. Otherwise if they build according to orders vs MIC tops produced, they'd probably only make 15k Broncos in '21.

Sponsored

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not that anyone can answer this
.what do people like me that have had a vin since April and have had the date moved 5 times do? We didn’t get the notice because we have a moving date and a vin. So what are the options for us? Ford screws the pooch again. So those of us that reserved, ordered and waited can continue to wait while now blow up the street can go pick up a bronco off the lot?
EXACTLY !!! If you already have a Build date and VIN you should have received the email that came out the 22nd that basically said we are doing the best we can please continue to be understanding while we get our crap together on scheduling. There is a seperate discussion thread for that email.

guest001

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just like you I have received all the mass ford bronco emails but not the latest hope this means good news for us. The consensus is that most of the 2 doors will receive the hard tops cause there less orders to fill and the only top option
I ordered a 2D Obx and I received the email without the part about Ford pass points.

Sponsored

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In the mean time I’ll continue to drown my sorrows.
Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit image

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got it. You are just trying to stir shit up and incite people. Noted.
Building models for the public before reserved orders are met? Any of the other misleads? They are spitting in the face of devoted customers who’ve been waiti hand have money down. I refuse to believe they can’t sort this out, when Jeep has been selling models with white hard tops for years.
They’re not doing all that can, and if you’re not disgusted by this whole debacle..... you’re either obtuse or a saint đŸ€·â€â™€ïž

Jedi2.0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully you didn’t screw yourself by bumping yourself to an August build

You’ve been free to make changes this entire time.
What’s bad about August? Better than no build in 2021.
Sponsored