Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford should eat crow on this one and not ship any non-reservations to dealers that way dealers are pissed off just like the reservation customers....maybe Ford would start thinking outside the box to fix this sh*tshow!
Agreed! Unfortunately we all know that is not going to happen. Johnny Come Lately is going to be able to walk into a dealership and drive off in a new Softop Bronco before we the reservation holders can, unless they cave and take a softop with prep kit or the MIC top.
Sponsored

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The prototype of the P-51 Mustang (NA-73X) was produced in 102 days. You can't tell me Ford can't get additional suppliers to produce a modular hardtop out of a piece of medal by MY22 production start? Seriously?

GPBRONCO

Wildtrak
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Flex, 2015 FX4 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

anyone know if wildtrax orders can get the soft top w/ prep kit now?
I just left my dealership, where I asked the same question. The answer was yes, but I would have to switch from high to mid, drop the led headlights, switch wheels, and couple of other items. I was completely perplexed with the required changes which seemingly have nothing to do with the top.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The continuous blaming of the supplier is getting tired. They chose the supplier, and a huge part of engineering a product is designing for manufacturability. This may be the greatest removable top of all time, but if you can’t build it then it’s worthless.

It seems like Ford dropped the ball on one or both of these.

Sponsored

Offroad Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted '93 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, so, from what I’m gathering, I should just change my order to soft top in hopes I’ll land a 2021 or 2022. Cry a lot. Then wait to 2023 to have a hardtop. Is that a fair assessment? Or is changing my order a stupid idea? :/
Grab a soft top, drive it for 2 years, trade in on a '23 with hardtop, easy

DarkHelmet

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uggg but at the same time if 2 door people that are 99 they can change and push those of us that have always been good with the MIC farther out based on timestamps 😭
Can some explain the probity code 99 thing to me or point me to a thread with that info?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well the price protection date stinks. I’m a 3/30 reservation holder and the only reason I waited was because I knew the MOD top would be a MY22 so there was no point in trying to get in earlier. Now knowing I lose that and price protection and should’ve just gone with MIC or soft top ticks me off. I wonder how long the wait will be if you go with a soft top and then try to just purchase a MOD top. They better not go up in price anytime soon!
I don't understand this complaint? Price protection goes through the '23 Model Year if you had a reservation. You want it to go through 2030? You don't lose price protection at all.

Additionally, my invoice from Granger said I had a MOD top and priority code 19. I asked them to switch it to 99 but not sure if that happened. That being said, no details about the Ford Pass points in my email. I should in theory get them though since I have a res from October and may wait till ‘23, correct?
You don't get the FordPass points unless you switched from MOD to an MIC (or I guess now a soft top too).

So anyone who ordered a Wildtrack is screwed because a soft top isn't even an option?
Yup.

Would gladly change to ST with the prep kit IF it included a price guarantee for the hard top. Don't want to get prison raped by FORD's dealer network when they become available.
Agreed, I'd consider it. But I also realize it'll likely be years before it's available through parts.

Building models for the public before reserved orders are met? Any of the other misleads? They are spitting in the face of devoted customers who’ve been waiti hand have money down. I refuse to believe they can’t sort this out, when Jeep has been selling models with white hard tops for years.
They’re not doing all that can, and if you’re not disgusted by this whole debacle..... you’re either obtuse or a saint 🤷‍♀️
So why are you here? All your posts are complaining. Cancel your order and get something else.

I'm not going to lie - it's definitely pricier. You're also getting more as far as comfort and finish (I mean, in your build, heated and cooled seats, a really nice sound system that is standard on the SE, a whole bunch of tech (aside from the added adaptive cruise, it can read speed limit signs and adjust, and the adaptive cruise does stop and go, and then there are all the cameras around the vehicle for views). My Badlands build comes in north of $55k. The price difference is basically my trade-in and I honestly hesitated at the price because I remembered it's getting close to the price of my first house (at the time, I lived in Ohio, and it was... longer ago than I care to remember), but the wife convinced me I could afford it, liked it, and "deserved it", so that was helpful. 😁
You also don't get the option to remove your doors and roof if that's important to you.

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not going to lie - it's definitely pricier. You're also getting more as far as comfort and finish (I mean, in your build, heated and cooled seats, a really nice sound system that is standard on the SE, a whole bunch of tech (aside from the added adaptive cruise, it can read speed limit signs and adjust, and the adaptive cruise does stop and go, and then there are all the cameras around the vehicle for views). My Badlands build comes in north of $55k. The price difference is basically my trade-in and I honestly hesitated at the price because I remembered it's getting close to the price of my first house (at the time, I lived in Ohio, and it was... longer ago than I care to remember), but the wife convinced me I could afford it, liked it, and "deserved it", so that was helpful. 😁
Well my 2013 Range Rover that I had planned on replacing with the Bronco needs to last a couple more years with another couple $3000 repairs a year probably.

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s started!

BBED954D-021D-4E13-9311-5F7E17DE2F3F.jpeg

Here are the dealer FAQ’s as well:

Customer Communication FAQS – 6.25.2021

What roof options are available Broncos?
See attached Updated Bronco Roof Options guide for a breakdown of each roof option, also available within the Bronco Dashboard → Additional Resources → Vehicle Information.
  • 2-door Broncos (only available with hardtop roofs):
    • 2021 & 2022MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC)
    • 2023MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Modular, contrasting white modular, and body color painted modular
  • 4-door Broncos: o
    • 2021 & 2022MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Cloth Soft Top
    • 2023MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Cloth Soft Top, Black Modular, contrasting white modular, and body color painted modular, Dual top options
Why is the painted roof now pushed to late next year as a 23MY option? We are working as fast as we can to try and get through the hardtop roof Bronco bottleneck. We originally intended to build roughly 80% hardtops and 20% soft tops. That ratio is now closer to 60% hardtops and 40% soft tops. Our roof supplier is doing this by focusing all efforts on producing as many molded in color (MIC) hardtops as possible. The other versions of the top will come late next year. Our goal is to build as many customer Broncos at the highest quality this year.

Are 2-door Broncos still being produced for 21MY given the hardtop roof challenges? Yes. 2-door Broncos will continue to be produced throughout the 21 model year. 2-door Broncos will only be built with the molded in color hardtop roof. Based on demand, some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco.

How are Bronco 2-door and 4-door First Edition customers impacted by this news? All Bronco First Edition orders will be scheduled and built throughout the 2021 model year with the previously announced MIC roof.

What is included in the hardtop prep kit? The hardtop prep kit is included on all 4-door soft top orders, effective with September 21MY production. The kit includes the proper connections for rear windshield wiper and rear defroster as well as the controls needed for these features.

If a customer switches to a soft top roof, does that guarantee them a 2021MY Bronco? Switching to a soft top will expedite a customer’s order, however, it does not guarantee a 21MY. Scheduling is based on a number of factors including reservation timestamp, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives.

Will the hardtop prep kit be available for customers whose 4-door soft top Bronco is built before September production? No. Hardtop prep kit will be included on all 4-door Broncos, beginning with September production

If a customer no longer wants to wait for a delayed roof, can they update their order to be considered for 21MY scheduling? Yes. We encourage any customer who would like to be considered for 21MY production to update their order to a buildable roof option (soft top w/ prep kit or MIC hardtop) and request their dealership remove the 99-priority scheduling code. Once their order has been updated, we will continue to use their reservation timestamp as one of the factors determining if their unit gets scheduled.

How will a customer be able to get a hardtop roof when available in 2023? Hardtop roofs will be available as an accessory ordered through their dealership. While we cannot provide a price yet, the freight shipping costs to get the roofs to dealers will cause the cost to be more than the factory installed option.

How do we handle a customer who wants to wait for a 23MY roof option? If a customer has already converted their reservation to an order, we encourage dealerships keep their scheduling priority code at 99. We will have more information available at a later date regarding the 22MY ordering process and recommended processes for customers choosing to wait.

What changes are coming for 22MY production? Customers can expect to see updated paint colors – including green, special editions, manual Sasquatch package, and 4-door Sasquatch with roof rack. We will have complete details when the Build & Price site opens.

When does 23MY production begin? 2023 model year production will begin in late Q4 2022.

Will a customer’s reservation timestamp still apply for 23MY? Yes. Timestamps will continue to be a factor in scheduling throughout future model years. At this time there is no expiration date for reservations. Scheduling is based on a number of factors including reservation timestamp, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives.

How does a customer know if they are eligible for the 200,000 FordPass Reward points offer? FordPass Rewards bonus offers are only visible to dealerships via the Member Portal dealer facing tool. All offers have been loaded into the system. Customers who were previously eligible for the 200,000 FPR point offer ($1,000 value) will not change; only the criteria requiring delivery of a 21MY Bronco has been updated to also include 22MY deliveries.

What does price protection mean? For any customers with a Bronco reservation or order as of March 19, 2021 Ford will ensure that you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalently equipped 22 or 23 model year Bronco.

How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability.

5C002F71-8EC2-4A26-98F0-27E312A91710.jpeg
why are they not offering the soft tops with prep kit for 2dr models?

Sponsored

HudsonAlex

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, 39 Hudson coupe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I haven't been a huge fan of the grey hard top, but chose it for my family's comfort. This may be the excuse I needed to switch to soft top. In So. California it's not a big deal. Just like having any other convertible.

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The continuous blaming of the supplier is getting tired. They chose the supplier, and a huge part of engineering a product is designing for manufacturability. This may be the greatest removable top of all time, but if you can’t build it then it’s worthless.

It seems like Ford dropped the ball on one or both of these.
IN the space industry we are quick to ADD suppliers when SUPPLIERS fail. I am not sure why Ford can't take THEIR design and contract with another supplier. I hope the FORD CEO and BOARD of DIRECTORS is doing their job and making major leadership changes before the class action law suits start.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's quite literally not the case... they've been pretty transparent about the delays in MIC production and what they're doing to try to fix it.

I get being frustrated, but this level of revisionist history isn't going to help anything.
You have been great with your communications but Ford has been very vague when it comes to 2 door WT and FE Broncos. Ford has had enough time to figure this out and clearly communicate their plan to their loyal reservation holders. Most of us would be happy to know what to expect with their order. So it seems that 2 door, FE and WT orders are stuck and have no options that Ford have given them. Ford has dropped the ball, and I have never said anything negative about Ford on this form but this is inexcusable.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OFFER THE FASTBACK SOFT TOP TO THE 2DR. Many plan to do it aftermarket anyway. Make it an option, let folks switch, and relieve some of the hardtop demand. Give us the kits and we'll get them later if we really want them. Please!
Your solution is too simple. Something else is at play here. $$$$$$. Part of the plan must be to funnel people from 2 door Broncos to 4 doors. Ford is smart. Give 2 door buyers the option to wait an undefined amount of time for a 2 door, or buy a 4 door now.

Apugh67

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350, 2017 Lincoln MKZ, 2018 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that anyone can answer this….what do people like me that have had a vin since April and have had the date moved 5 times do? We didn’t get the notice because we have a moving date and a vin. So what are the options for us? Ford screws the pooch again. So those of us that reserved, ordered and waited can continue to wait while now blow up the street can go pick up a bronco off the lot?
What about people that have a VIN and got the letter? My scheduled build date went from 6/7, to 6/28, to 7/15 and called today and now I have no scheduled build date. Can’t change order if you have VIN, I guess I’m back to limbo land.
Sponsored