First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been a Ford-only person for my entire life. Decided to test drive a Defender a little while back and it really blew me away. it was the 4-door with the 6 cylinder. Quiet interior, smooth ride, felt really solid and planted, plenty of power... I was sort of surprised I liked it so much, to be honest. If you're thinking about it, I'd definitely try it out. Even better if you can find one with advanced 4x4 (which includes the air ride).
I waited years for the new Defender. I was head-over-heels when I found out it was being built. I have 3 build configs in my account. But after research and visits to the dealer, it didn't do it for me. It is very refined and the build quality is there. It is a showpiece. But it's not something I'm going to want to bring into the woods. It's far more similar to a Range Rover than the Defender of the past. One note, I've owned Land Rovers before including a mid-90s Defender 90. If you are going to own one long-term, they are expensive to maintain. I love the Defender and it's a great choice. Just didn't fit my bill. Fortunately, the Bronco did, so I landed in a good place. Just need patience.
Sponsored

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume they already know how to prewire for hard tops given that they prewire for hard tops arlready.
There’s probably a shortage of the prep kits …

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been out in the real world this afternoon and I can't catch up on 35 pages of what must be a lot of screaming, but I will say that personally, this news about the modular hard top is brutal.

edit: This has now honestly got me thinking about looking at other vehicles and then maybe coming back to the Ford Bronco when they have a some cool new edition out in a later model year. We'll see if I hold on. Too bad.

Last edited:

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’ll be interesting to see when the inevitable class action lawsuit gets started over this…​
People throw this around all the time, but what injury/legal issue would this class be alleging after making the reservation which was specified to not be an order or a purchase in the original fine print and the terms and conditions included all of the act of god language and limitations of liability for Ford?

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I very highly doubt that dealer builds will have any affect on allocations. The whole point is that Ford can build more bronco chassis than hard tops, so they either have to slow down on building chassis or send them out as “undesirable” builds to dealers to sell.
The dealer that first announced dealer stock production (may 31) said that the stock orders will come out of their existing allocation, and that their dealership had already decided that they would order as many as possible because otherwise it may hurt their 2022 allocation. Easy to see that a lot of hardtop orders will quickly get pushed out of allocation when the dealer stock orders hit in force.

JustinC

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone needs to fill me in to get your connections. You had this an hour before I did.

I love how the big updates always come up on Friday afternoon. 😃

There's some bad in there, but some good too for those willing to take a soft top now.
so does this mean us Wildtrak reservation holders have the option for the soft top now too? If that’s the case, I’ll take a soft top. I emailed Sean but haven’t heard back yet.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep probably paying Webasto a shitload of money because nobody can accidently suck this bad. This will absolutely lead to an uptick in Wrangler sales. I just hope a few thousand ahead of me cancel their Bronco orders.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What makes me think those hard tops for sale in 2023 are going to cost more than $695?
Hard tops never cost $695. The 4 door comes with a soft top. You can upgrade to the hardtop for $695. In doing so, you are getting credit for the soft top you are giving up. The $695 is the difference between the hard top and the soft top. However, if you chose the dual top option, the cost was $1795. The real question is how will the price of buying a hard top compare to the $1795 dual top option.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is good news in that it's news from Ford. I appreciate the price guarantee, that's been a concern of mine with code 99 and waiting for mansquatch.

And holy hell did Ford make the right call on sending 4-doors prepped for hardtops. However, they should offer more points or waived fees to install after the fact for those that already switched to soft-tops and got picked up for production.

Sponsored

Asylumchild

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a little confused. I have a 4 door with MIC top. Does that mean they dont plan on making any new hard tops for my 2021 version since I don't have a build date yet? Meaning no bronco for me if I want to keep the hard top?

feeble

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1977 Cobra II Monroe Handler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm, my question is if this will delay a hardtop order more than it already was.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think you are in a good position to hold out and get what you want.
Thanks for the reassurance JaxGtc. Decisions, decisions.