Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have a VIN?

I've ordered a 2-door and got the email. I thought someone mentioned it only went to people without a VIN yet.🤔
I haven’t even sniffed a VIN. Closest I’ve come to a VIN was watching Vinny in Welcome Back Kotter reruns. So no letter and no Vin. Looks like I’m an aberration.
Sponsored

Max1h

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-150, 1968 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well guess i have more time to save money for the modular top /shrug

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I waited years for the new Defender. I was head-over-heels when I found out it was being built. I have 3 build configs in my account. But after research and visits to the dealer, it didn't do it for me. It is very refined and the build quality is there. It is a showpiece. But it's not something I'm going to want to bring into the woods. It's far more similar to a Range Rover than the Defender of the past. One note, I've owned Land Rovers before including a mid-90s Defender 90. If you are going to own one long-term, they are expensive to maintain. I love the Defender and it's a great choice. Just didn't fit my bill. Fortunately, the Bronco did, so I landed in a good place. Just need patience.
I tend to swap cars before they're out of warranty so I'm probably covered on the long term issues. I'll definitely take it into the woods and off-road, but I was never going to do extreme rock crawling even with the Bronco, so I think the defender will be a good choice, with the benefit of a nice ride for long road trips, and being able to get it this year.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2DR here and got the snews
Maybe no snews is good snews. Would have been bad I suppose if Ford was pushing us all to 4drs to be eligible for soft tops. Who knows. Ride it out I guess.

Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, I get it, It's beyond frustrating this situation. I can't even imagine how difficult must be for Ford this situation with the Hard tops. I'm sure that this is something that haven't been taken lightly.

Those launch, BPR and weekly review meeting must be on fire. "Now Tim from purchasing department in charge of Webasto has some news...... Tim, are you there?? ....Tim??, .....Tim??? Hello! yes i'm here..... well"

Having a second supplier, I'm sure they are working on it, however, it will take months to have that second supplier in production. This is not just like a tire supplier that you just can change for something that is already in production. We are talking about a new facility, tooling, training, etc. That take a LONG time.

On the other hand, as a customer, I'm glad that they changed their mind of not having prep kit on soft top models and launch it as standard for Job2. It shouldn't happen on first place because of the modularity. but it is what it is. At least we have an option now if we don't want to wait that longer.

However, I'm not a MOD top customer, I will be pissed if I change my order to 99 with a promise of this item for 2022MY and now been changed to 2023MY.

At least there still time for those that want to change for a MIC and not to wait until 2023. I will be mad if this information was given in December. But still, it's good that you know it now and you can change your order and with your early timestamp you should be able to receive it sooner if you want the MIC. Late time stamp, doesn't change that much for us.
In my case, I will think with my pillow if I should change to soft top or keep my MIC. What is not clear to me, it's how can I assure that my built will be after JOB2 to have the prep kit. I mean, August built hasn't been schedule yet, therefore, How are they going to do it? That's my only question.

For those that are mad at Ford with bubbles coming from your mouth. Guys, been mad are not going to make your Bronco sooner. At the end of the day, The bussiness of Ford is sell cars and they are the first ones interested that this situation get resolved as soon as possible without compromising the safety and quality. Therefore, I'm in peace and enjoying my waiting time. I recommend you to do the same.

If you have any question you can write at [email protected].

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's quite literally not the case... they've been pretty transparent about the delays in MIC production and what they're doing to try to fix it.

I get being frustrated, but this level of revisionist history isn't going to help anything.
That’s not true either. Transparent would be telling us EXACTLY what the issues are with hard top production are AS they discover them. To this day none of us know what the official problems are other than rumor.

For obvious reasons they have shared selective information whenever they absolutely had to. But that is a far cry from being transparent.

I would even give them credit if they said, “Hey if you switch to a soft top now, ordering a Mod top in ‘23 will cost you $X + $X for shipping. That’s being more transparent and allowing their customers to make informed decisions. As of right now we have to take them at their word which, no matter the circumstances, has been crap

ToriB

Big Bend
First Name
Tori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SEL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I originally ordered the carbonized gray with the MIC in March. I wonder if that means I’m still on track to get this year? I did order 2.7though.

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe no snews is good snews. Would have been bad I suppose if Ford was pushing us all to 4drs to be eligible for soft tops. Who knows. Ride it out I guess.
Yup. I figure I might as well hang on as the MIC is just one of my issues....2 DR/Badlands/SAS.......not changing horses midstream.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think the FordPass points are only for early reservation holders for the rest of us it’s just another smack in the face.
My last Ford was a 1963 Galaxie 500 XL. I guess I know why now.
Actual ‘63 or ‘63 1/2?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Join me on the pain train, all. I switched to soft top in May after the first “heads up” was provided by Ford.

Personally, the soft top looks like absolute shit.

Don’t sit around waiting for their garbage OEM hardtop. Hoping some companies take advantage of this blunder and start cranking out some alternative top options sooner rather than later.
This is seriously sounding like a better option than waiting on Ford.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As much as I hate to say it....I think Ford is saving the REALLY BAD NEWS until next Friday since it is a holiday weekend and even fewer people will be paying attention.