Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Free Hardtop Prep Kit - Today we're announcing that all 4-door soft tops, beginning with September production, will include a hardtop prep kit at no additional cost. The prep kit enables you to order a soft top now and purchase a hardtop later. We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. If you're interested contact your dealer before July 16, 2021.”

THIS IS STRAIGHT BULLSHIT! Why September and not July?
It sounds to me like they have enough MIC tops to fill their planned production through august.
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, if our production date (build) is prior to September and we have the soft top option...we're unable to get the prep kit? Or we just don't get it for free?

How are you all reading that?
No Kit for you!

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My current Ford will not last much longer leaving me no option but to spend my money on something else. I can’t wait for Ford to solve these production issues.
The Bronco 2dr is the first vehicle that I’ve wanted to buy in a long time….I’m seriously bummed.
When did you reserve? They're going to make 2 doors.
Something does NOT add up here.

I know the Webasto folks pretty well, and while I haven’t spoken to them about Bronco since the problems allegedly began (not that they’d answer a media publications questions publicly anyway) they are an ASTONISHINGLY large and diversified company.

Just about every single convertible top on the market is manufactured by Webasto. From BMW to Mercedes to Chevy to Jeep (they do the power top) they have truly monsterous engineering and production capabilities that would baffle your mind.
Unfortunately these companies, both Ford or Webasto won’t answer questions point blank about what’s going on. I will say after talking to the lead Webasto engineers there engineering might and patents span the entire industry. I have a hard time believing
they can’t build some molded plastic.
Brand new product from a brand new plant brought online during covid. It's a mess, but it's not like an already existing plant suddenly fell apart.
yes I believe it also. i know many people from the Ford plant I work at that went to help at Webasto when our plant was down and some are still there and they said it was the worst run operation they had ever seen in a manufacturing facility. It’s getting better but slowly.
It's crazy that a company like Webasto seems to have done such a poor job with the new plant. This is what they do, but they really stepped in it on this one.
And nobody at Ford went to the plant before they gave them the contract? Were/are they the only available supplier? Something just doesn't make sense. I'm at a loss......... I just wish they could make a decision. I'd rather have them say "We're only building the first 10k ordered 2-door for MY 21'" or "we're building all 36k 2-door since they are only hard top" etc. Just stop with the talking in circles with might be 21', could be 22' etc. Maybe by mid July when they see how many 4-doors convert to soft top for the September builds it will be more clear? Just make a plan so we can plan. I want the thing whether it's 21, 22 or 23 MY. I just want to know what quarter I can expect it.
I'm sure Ford employees went to the plant, but this is another place covid came to play - they were having trouble sourcing the materials for the tops, and that was the excuse for early trouble. Sounds like that covered up the plant troubles. It sucks and sounds like as many things went wrong as you could figure.

I do think things will begin to clear up. Ford is taking variables out of the mix by pushing options to MY23 and giving customers a target to opt for a soft top with hard top connections.

I'm hoping this allows scheduling to get better moving forward.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What did you ORDER? A Badlands or Big Bend. It sounds like it applies to whatever you ORDERED if you placed an order. Though it's hard to determine because if you ordered something already, the reservation wouldn't matter.
I originally reserved a Big Bend but submitted my approval to convert with a Badlands build and price sheet. Granger converted my reservation to an in store order with a “99”. My Ford account shows a Big Bend on a “store order”. I’m taking this to mean my “order” is for a Big Bend. After talking to Granger, they said they will adjust when they submit the order details. Just not sure what this means for price protection. Maybe I’ll stick with the Big Bend. Either way, I want the Bronco and would still be happy with the Big Bend, but was wondering if anyone else had this happen and had an answer.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Zach! Can we assume that if we have a reservation/order code 99 with you, and want to wait for the MY23, that our $2k below invoice pricing will still be locked in for us?
Yes that is correct.

Sponsored

RHW

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sounds to me like they have enough MIC tops to fill their planned production through august.
..But has Ford scheduled all weeks of August already? I havent seen many people claiming to have a late August build date.

Chio4

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB SAS,23 Navigator BL, 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder how long I have to wait on a warthog...
yup Im right with you. I have waited this long for this one. I feel waiting A little longer for the Warthog is even more worth it

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how long I have to wait on a warthog...
I don’t even want to think about it.

It’s looking less and less likely I’ll ever own a Bronco. I’m betting the Ranger Raptor will be out long before. I’m currently planning to buy a new vehicle next spring/summer. At this point I’m guessing it’ll be some sort of pickup. Either the F150 Lightning, Ranger Raptor, or Cybertruck.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmmmm, didn’t receive the email and I have a two door ordered. Did others who ordered two doors receive email?

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something does NOT add up here.

I know the Webasto folks pretty well, and while I haven’t spoken to them about Bronco since the problems allegedly began (not that they’d answer a media publications questions publicly anyway) they are an ASTONISHINGLY large and diversified company.

Just about every single convertible top on the market is manufactured by Webasto. From BMW to Mercedes to Chevy to Jeep (they do the power top) they have truly monsterous engineering and production capabilities that would baffle your mind.
Unfortunately these companies, both Ford or Webasto won’t answer questions point blank about what’s going on. I will say after talking to the lead Webasto engineers there engineering might and patents span the entire industry. I have a hard time believing
they can’t build some molded plastic.
I have no doubt that Webasto is a roadblock here, there has been far too much evidence presented from several sources. However, we also know that demand for the Bronco was way higher than expected. I would guess that Ford undershot in their communication/contract with Webasto, putting them in a far worse spot than planned. Couple that with the construction issues with the Plymouth plant…unfortunate perfect storm scenario.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, I ordered a 2 door and received the email.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m going to need to create a binder to keep up with all the FordPass reward promises from Ford.
Any chance Ford will send us a leather cover notepad holder with the Bronco logo? lol
Sponsored