Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Translation:
Ford had no intentions of only building reserved Broncos and want to get the Gold mine Bronco out to dealers as fast as possible to be sold at MSRP and above!
Ford wants to produce Broncos for sale, in whatever way makes sense in terms of parts availability and production line constraints. That has always been the case.

Ford was never going to dink around trying to deliver every "reserved" Bronco, before any others go for sale.

And frankly, I'll be happy to see Broncos selling to non reservation holders, because &$#+@ Ford's reservation sales/marketing scheme.

Look at my squanch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford has a Manufacturing Plant that will run at full capacity sometime in August. Because of lack of part availability and because of specific customer reservation they can not run the Plant at full capacity unless some customers change their orders. I repeat Map will run at full capacity. YOUR Build minus the MIC TOP will appear at a local Dealership and not in your garage unless you change your reservation order to a soft top. Ford listened to our Forum and added the Mic prep kit to allow full use of the Ford Mic tops amenities and that's a plus for people who want their reservation Bronco built before Dealer stock. Smile and stay positive my Friends.
Stay positive? I'm a 2 door base order and have zero soft top options and no clue when they will build mine. And they just said they're building dealer stock when there's already a part shortage meaning order holders builds will be pushed back. Combine that with the probability that dealers will keep canceled orders in the system just to sell them marked up on their lot. Ford just showed they don't care about these orders, the bronco is a hit and will sell even if a lot of us cancel. They basically said get f***ed. And you want people to stay positive?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The continuous blaming of the supplier is getting tired. They chose the supplier, and a huge part of engineering a product is designing for manufacturability. This may be the greatest removable top of all time, but if you can’t build it then it’s worthless.

It seems like Ford dropped the ball on one or both of these.
In aerospace, design for manufacturability is only one piece of the puzzle. We Project Engineers / Project Managers take the product from concept, thru design and then thru manufacturing transition, leading a team of all necessary disciplines for the product, Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Software, etc. Then we have a team of Supplier Quality Engineers who monitor the supplier to make sure they are doing their job and delivering every production ramp-up step and finished product on time. Clearly Ford wants to save money by not having this expertise, instead, they select a vendor, trust them, and then just expect the product to show up on the shipping dock on time.

Any of you that know the automotive industry and can compare it to the aerospace industry development process, please elaborate more?

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stay positive? I'm a 2 door base order and have zero soft top options and no clue when they will build mine. And they just said they're building dealer stock when there's already a part shortage meaning order holders builds will be pushed back. Combine that with the probability that dealers will keep canceled orders in the system just to sell them marked up on their lot. Ford just showed they don't care about these orders, the bronco is a hit and will sell even if a lot of us cancel. They basically said get f***ed. And you want people to stay positive?
Maybe you should read the statement again and stop the whining.

Stever17

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s a lawyer for everything.
It's just hard to swallow. I understand from production standpoint that you have to produce vehicles to sell them but to completely cut off reservation holders. And to push us to 2023.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's just hard to swallow. I understand from production standpoint that you have to produce vehicles to sell them but to completely cut off reservation holders. And to push us to 2023.
As long as they continue to offer you options you aren’t cut off. It’s up to you to accept the options. But it’s not up to them to cater to everyone’s whims. The fact they are going to offer the hardtop kit shows they are listening. The fact that a lot of people are still whining probably means they’ll stop listening.

donspillman

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm thinking that b/c Ford can build more soft tops right now, they are encouraging (bullying??) those of us to switch to a soft top if we want to see our Bronco soon. Though I really, really want to be scheduled this year, I don't want a soft top, so I'm not switching. My hope is enough switch to a soft top so that my order moves up. Otherwise, I guess I'm waiting for a MY22. The news sucks, but in a way I'm hoping of the MICS that they can make, that I may have a better chance of getting a MY21 b/c a lot of orders in front of me are changing to a soft top, if that makes sense. We all knew the hard tops were a problem, just not this bad. Or, is Ford just playing with us??!!!! Trying to produce and sell more Broncos even if it is not the one we really want. We'll see....

Dwolen

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, since Ford runs ALL the communications and scheduling they've done through you, you'd know everything they do right? Lol.
No smart ass. They said every Thursday they would provide scheduling emails. So yes, when they say “no scheduling emails this week” we all know what they are doing, not scheduling.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You've misread if you believe they "completely cut off reservation holders." That's not happening at all. If you are waiting for particular options that are now delayed to MY23it sucks, but you have options.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry for all the negative posts this has been difficult and has been a challenge. I will stay off bronco 6g forum.
You have every right to be pissed. If they don't like it they can just go on their merry little way.