Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I read all 56 pages. I gained nothing
The info is always on page one. The rest of a thread is for venting.

There, you've now gained both experience and knowledge. You can only blame yourself if you don't use it in the future. :p
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they make the aftermarket MIC affordable for reservation holders, Iā€™ll change to soft top and just relax about the whole thing. I couldnā€™t get through this whole thread, so does anyone know what a MIC might cost if I opt for a soft top and conversion kit?
an unpainted wrangler hardtop is about $3.2k, plus painting so I guess around $4k. I asked my dealer - they said Ford hasnā€™t released anything.

Last edited:

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have reached out to Smittybuilt to see if they are going to do an aftermarket hard top for Bronco.

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The info is always on page one. The rest of a thread is for venting.

There, you've now gained both experience and knowledge. You can only blame yourself if you don't use it in the future. :p
Thank you for your help! Can you help me with this question. When can I expect to get my 21Bronco home? Scheduled build July 19. Shipping to Seattle must take some time. Iā€™m hoping Aug.1 What do you think?

Sponsored

imatexan3

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra All-Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess this is always an option

HRnFW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ /
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatā€™s in the kit though? They conveniently left out the detailsā€¦
Fixed it.
Webasto.gif
Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit EE3723DE-534D-4BC5-B57C-7DDE691DE30F

Thought I would post this most egregious bit of corporate double talk and insincerity from the Webasto site. Perhaps just keeping your eye on the ball and meeting your contractual obligations more and worrying about culture and foundations less might actually bring them a tad closer to meeting their mission statement. Perhaps even a note on their website apologizing for their lack of execution.

Seems like if you can make pick up beds out of aluminum that you should be able to make a pretty good top too , the lead time may be long but it is mid 21 and it looks like I will be 99ed till late 23 so we got lots of time.

HiHo

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did I say that?

Ford has had plenty of time(the last 3 years at least) to ramp up production top manufacturing of 50k units plus.

Ford knew all along they needed to get Broncos to dealers before the end of the year which is why I found the reservations first statement so bold. Sure enough they found a way to do just this!

They have Sold Broncos already, now they want the Broncos on the lots ASAP to bring in even more buyers, while the reservations just wait.
Time for a JL!

Is that why one was scheduled and given a vin this Friday?
Answer a question with a question? Sorry but your reasoning does not make common sense. Your argument has Ford being underhanded and not truthful.
We all know there were Failures by Ford especially the Mic Tops. You fail to understand that MAP will run at 100% capacity sometime in August and they can not do that with the quantity of Mic tops being produced. The plant will run at 100% capacity and Ford needs more 4 Door soft tops to do that. Ford would like to build reservation holders builds first and they have offered 4 door Mic top customers a possible solution. Part of this solution was propose on this very Forum(4 door hard top prep kit). Ford made a big mistake and it is affecting customers, employees, share holders and Dealerships. The ball has been dropped and now Ford is doing it best to recover the ball for all who are affected. Fords have always been apart of My Family outings and Family memories. So in that sense Ford is apart of my Family. I refuse to believe that Ford is dishonest.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for your help! Can you help me with this question. When can I expect to get my 21Bronco home? Scheduled build July 19. Shipping to Seattle must take some time. Iā€™m hoping Aug.1 What do you think?
Seems reasonable. Best of luck to you!

Athelstan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
fyi, this is from a Granger Ford rep on a different thread, when asked about the 2-door MIC situation vs 4-door soft top work around: "There isn't a good 2 door solution outside of waiting for your turn with the MIC."

That is why I suspect MIC hardtop will push some 2-door deliveries even further back in time. :(
Hadn't seen that. Thanks. We'll just have to see how it plays out. I'm in it for the long haul.

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they are only offering roof rails with Sas in 2022, how do you get them now? Can you order after the fact through the dealer or is it after market at that point?

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Answer a question with a question? Sorry but your reasoning does not make common sense. Your argument has Ford being underhanded and not truthful.
We all know there were Failures by Ford especially the Mic Tops. You fail to understand that MAP will run at 100% capacity sometime in August and they can not do that with the quantity of Mic tops being produced. The plant will run at 100% capacity and Ford needs more 4 Door soft tops to do that. Ford would like to build reservation holders builds first and they have offered 4 door Mic top customers a possible solution. Part of this solution was propose on this very Forum(4 door hard top prep kit). Ford made a big mistake and it is affecting customers, employees, share holders and Dealerships. The ball has been dropped and now Ford is doing it best to recover the ball for all who are affected. Fords have always been apart of My Family outings and Family memories. So in that sense Ford is apart of my Family. I refuse to believe that Ford is dishonest.
I don't think Ford is dishonest. Without a doubt they have not been open and honest about the problems at Webasto. I have had my issues with Ford vehicles in the past but seem to keep buying them. I love the Bronco and I'll wait if I have to but my patience can only stretch so far. Frankly, Ford is not doing enough for the inconvenianced reservation holders. We are talking about a $50k vehicle. I'm 47 and have never bought a vehicle for this much. I ordered a Wildtrak which comes standard with a hard top (same for FE and same for 2dr folks). These are the people that Ford should be compensating. Reduce our price and I'll take a soft top, but offer me the MIC top free or 50% off next year.

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks