Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco 6 Generations of Bronco Evolution: Styling, Performance, Size, Price 1610843990798

Why are the 3rd, 4th and 5th gen's in this picture Right Hand drives??

:unsure:
The presentation reads like it was done over there somewhere what with the different units for HP and TQ.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, so, let me see if I’ve got this right:

For a particular generation, for the metric that is stated in the bar* **, whichever generation has the highest maximum value, that is considered 100%, and the other generations are depicted as a percentage of that based on their maximum values.

*except for Cost, since the bars are representing the cost adjusted for inflation (printed in light gray below the bar to the right), and not the value in the bar.

**except for where more than one metric is written inside the bar.

So also because the scales are relative to the highest value, they are widely different between charts, so one can't learn how the first chart is representing data and easily intuit how the next chart represents it. (For instance, 50% on one chart might represent a huge difference between generations and a very small difference on another.)

But the bars do *not* represent the lowest value for generations with a spread of values, just 0% to whatever the maximum value is, depicted at 100%... so you can not use the bars to say represent minimum ground clearance... only maximum, or the variety of ground clearances available...

But also, greater isn't always better (like price).... So you can't just look for whichever bar is maxed out to figure out which was "best" amongst the generations for a particular data set.

...and there is no comparative associations being made (like HP/$ ratios), so even though the price graph (for instance) shows a 0-60 time immediately on top of the bar, it doesn't actually have anything to do with the bar... that's just an extra piece of data thrown in irrespective of the graphical representations of that chart.

Ford Bronco 6 Generations of Bronco Evolution: Styling, Performance, Size, Price 1610843990798
Wow. I just realized I’m a complete moron.
?
I just looked at the pictures and liked it. I have absolutely no idea what you wrote. Ignorance IS bliss!?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

True in both cases. Still had that horse with its rear legs lifted!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Always wondered how Gens 2-5 weren't counted as just Gen 2.....it's the same truck with slight changes in sheetmetal.
Gen 2 (78-79) and Gen 3-5 (80-96) are a completely different breed. Frame, crossmembers, axles, drivetrain, body panels, roof, etc are different. I can’t think of one piece that would be interchangeable....
In my mind 80-96 should have been classified as a single generation,...similar or interchangeable frames, drivetrains, body panels, tailgate and front/rear axles.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People normally consider me a pretty bright guy... but I can't for the *life* of me figure out what the hell the bar graphs are representing or how they are supposed to relate to one another.

The more I study the data and the way it's being presented, the more confused and angry I get.
In the first bar graph is price second is length .

Wickspick

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The imbecile who put that schematic together is just that, an imbecile. I know what he's trying to show but the poor boy just doesn't have the intellectual acumen to pull it off. The horizontal bar graph is supposed to juxtapose ground clearance difference between each generation based on the original (bottom bar) Bronco's ground clearance. The original Bronco ground clearance is the full colored bar that represents the greatest ground clearance and therefore has the bar fully colored. The other generations of the Bronco have varying amounts of coloring in the bar supposedly reflecting the ratio of ground clearance between the generations. Just compare the dimensions listed for ground clearance between generations and you'll be able to associate the ground clearance dimension with the amount of coloration of the horizontal bar.

A feckless use of a bar graph that introduces confusion and frustration is a big tell on the lack of technical writing skills and visual presentation schemes of a classic imbecile. When a comparison of three different variables is given and one of the three variable has a second means of presenting the variance, leaving the other two variables to be presented singularly, confusion and frustration is a natural response. It's not your fault or limitation. It's the imbecile's inability to keep things simple. The imbecile can't help himself. He thinks he's smart. Like the old saying goes; what's the difference between a rube and an uncommon rube? Answer: The uncommon rube knows that he's a rube.
You must be the common one then. It’s just stats and it was meant as a comparison, being too literal and looking to critique others is an ugly character trait.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine the power of 5.0 in a 2door with the top and doors off ... Reminds me of my foxbody Mustang ... weighed nothing all power !!
I had the 5.0 5 sp 1991. Custom model, manual windows and locks, very basic vinyl interior. It was not fast at all. , Adequate, but not even close to my 2018 2.7l F150 or even my custom ordered 4.6l V8 5sp 1997 F150.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m going to have to respectfully disagree on the Gen2 as not being a real Bronco. Now it may not of had an optional PTO, or fit between fence posts 6 feet apart but that version was a gas in the snow, mud, or in the sand. 351 V8 with a 4 speed manual transmission was just a hoot to wheel around. It was not fancy inside, it was still a truck meant to be used as a truck. If it wasn’t a real Bronco, what is that saying about all these 4 door units with 12 inch color tv’s on the dash?

ok, I’ll get off my high horse (35’s)
Gen2 is awesome and is the only one I've not owned. I'd love to pick up a dent side when I have more room. The only generation to have a NP205 transfer case. Enough said. BEEF.

Don Moss has won 40? times since Y2K with one in Baja.
i1_l.jpg

Sponsored

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Okay, so, let me see if I’ve got this right:

For a particular generation, for the metric that is stated in the bar* **, whichever generation has the highest maximum value, that is considered 100%, and the other generations are depicted as a percentage of that based on their maximum values.

*except for Cost, since the bars are representing the cost adjusted for inflation (printed in light gray below the bar to the right), and not the value in the bar.

**except for where more than one metric is written inside the bar.

So also because the scales are relative to the highest value, they are widely different between charts, so one can't learn how the first chart is representing data and easily intuit how the next chart represents it. (For instance, 50% on one chart might represent a huge difference between generations and a very small difference on another.)

But the bars do *not* represent the lowest value for generations with a spread of values, just 0% to whatever the maximum value is, depicted at 100%... so you can not use the bars to say represent minimum ground clearance... only maximum, or the variety of ground clearances available...

But also, greater isn't always better (like price).... So you can't just look for whichever bar is maxed out to figure out which was "best" amongst the generations for a particular data set.

...and there is no comparative associations being made (like HP/$ ratios), so even though the price graph (for instance) shows a 0-60 time immediately on top of the bar, it doesn't actually have anything to do with the bar... that's just an extra piece of data thrown in irrespective of the graphical representations of that chart.

Ford Bronco 6 Generations of Bronco Evolution: Styling, Performance, Size, Price i1_l
You must be an engineer or at least graduated from college. I was just admiring the pictures!! ?‍♂ ??

DawgBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That Gen 2 ... 3 ain't bad either, but Gen 2's looks are awesomeness

Sshira

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, Explorer, VFR 1200F
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s interesting how much point of view determines the way you feel about these generations, and the Bronco ii. I never cared for the original Bronco until later, and thus the full size bronco is the true one in my mind. Growing up, the Bronco ii was hated by all except maybe those that had purchased one and were therefore tied to it monetarily.
When I heard the gen6 wasn’t a full size I was a little devastated, but once I saw it, and the care they made designing it I realized it wasn’t just another explorer, so everything would be alright (not knocking the explorer, I have one of the newer ones).
I think the Gen 2 exterior design was my favorite, but I had a 1992 Eddie B, ant I wouldn’t have given up that interior. Best part for me in having the full size was ditching the back seat and having enough room to sleep in the back.

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I fully agree. Perhaps the shading of the bars is related to constant dollar value. If so, the author does not make that abundantly clear. We're left to guessing and play pretending we can extract meaningful information from the bar color. In this case of value, who knows except the original author. We're left to imputation, not interpretation.

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You must be the common one then. It’s just stats and it was meant as a comparison, being too literal and looking to critique others is an ugly character trait.
You must be correct because complexity with disjointedness equals superior. You win. I'm the common rube. Or perhaps I'm now elevated to the uncommon rube class. Thanks for the elevation. I also like your critique. It is succinct and almost laconic.
Sponsored

Last edited: