JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s interesting how much point of view determines the way you feel about these generations, and the Bronco ii. I never cared for the original Bronco until later, and thus the full size bronco is the true one in my mind. Growing up, the Bronco ii was hated by all except maybe those that had purchased one and were therefore tied to it monetarily.
I think that the Bronco ii was actually very popular and well-liked. The sales numbers spank the FSB in any year. In fact, Bronco ii was more popular than ANY GENERATION of Bronco based on sales. I liked the Bronco ii because it was true to the original in many ways, just like the 6th Gen. I just think it is a shame the Bronco ii is discounted from Bronco history by many. Bronco sport is now suffering the same fate.
Sponsored

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think that the Bronco ii was actually very popular and well-liked. The sales numbers spank the FSB in any year. In fact, Bronco ii was more popular than ANY GENERATION of Bronco based on sales. I liked the Bronco ii because it was true to the original in many ways, just like the 6th Gen. I just think it is a shame the Bronco ii is discounted from Bronco history by many. Bronco sport is now suffering the same fate.
I believe you are prescient regarding the future perspective on the Bronco Sport. I presume the initials FSB stand for Full Sized Bronco? I like your insight and introduction of the subject of sales data to buttress your position.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe you are prescient regarding the future perspective on the Bronco Sport. I presume the initials FSB stand for Full Sized Bronco? I like your insight and introduction of the subject of sales data to buttress your position.
I have seen quite a few Bronco Sports driving around, I think they will do well. They fit into a sweetspot in the market where they will be really competitive.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. This confirms my desire to go with the 2021 2DR Base model. It is the closest to the OG. A capable 4wd vehicle that can do well as a daily driver. Everybody else will be outfitting theirs in squatch mode, I am looking at a classic-retro ride. It will be fun to see the variety of Broncos out there. Cheers.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you. This confirms my desire to go with the 2021 2DR Base model. It is the closest to the OG. A capable 4wd vehicle that can do well as a daily driver. Everybody else will be outfitting theirs in squatch mode, I am looking at a classic-retro ride. It will be fun to see the variety of Broncos out there. Cheers.
That think that you nail it right on the head. A '21 base is a brand new Early Bronco!

Sponsored

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have seen quite a few Bronco Sports driving around, I think they will do well. They fit into a sweetspot in the market where they will be really competitive.
I think the Bronco Sport too is a nice addition to the field of more rugged mall crawlers like my Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk. Both have some serious off road chops that far exceed other competitor's SUVs. I like them for their practicality and better off road ability.

Sshira

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, Explorer, VFR 1200F
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

that was my subjective thoughts on it, and I absolutely agree on the fate of the sport.
this page has good information if you are interested:
https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/bronco-vs-bronco-2

BroncoIII

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond -Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s interesting how much point of view determines the way you feel about these generations, and the Bronco ii. I never cared for the original Bronco until later, and thus the full size bronco is the true one in my mind. Growing up, the Bronco ii was hated by all except maybe those that had purchased one and were therefore tied to it monetarily.
When I heard the gen6 wasn’t a full size I was a little devastated, but once I saw it, and the care they made designing it I realized it wasn’t just another explorer, so everything would be alright (not knocking the explorer, I have one of the newer ones).
I think the Gen 2 exterior design was my favorite, but I had a 1992 Eddie B, ant I wouldn’t have given up that interior. Best part for me in having the full size was ditching the back seat and having enough room to sleep in the back.
You’re on to something. I love the Gen 1 for similar reasons. A friend of mine from elementary and high school’s dad had one (late 60ish model) and he drove us around in that thing and it was a blast. another friend of mine in the military had a 75 or 76 and we did all kinds of mischief in that machine. I loved when they released the design of the Gen 6, and probably had a subconscious reaction for the retro look. Can’t wait for my own!

BroncoTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G Bronco, 2014 crossover
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
#1 issue with this graphic is the effect of making the new bronco look anything near the size of the 5G.

The 6G is a compact SUV.

But yeah, I'm shaped by having a 92 with the seat out, where I can crawl from front to back, or pop the tailgate down and take a nap next to my ice chest on the beach.

Sponsored

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cool Graphic.......I wish they would stop using the Awesome light blue, White top, white MGV pre-production model

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Loved the three Bronco II's I owned. It was ,IMO, the first vehicle that had a perfect balance of on road manners (no they didn't just roll over), fuel economy (mine all got around 20 mpg) and off road ability ( any one of them would keep up with my current 05 Rubicon, barring lockers, but still close).

If the new Bronco can equal it's little cousin I will be pleased. My favorite '90 with a five speed has me thinking I'd be happy with a BaseBase, but being spoiled by having at least one locker and pretty wheels, I'm leaning BB.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
*cough* Gen 3 Coyote *cough*
the ‘302’ was marketed as ‘5.0’ and was always a 4.9. Obviously what we are referring to.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It amazes me how inefficient early V8s were And how folks complain today about not having those V-8’s. Those are the V8s sucked as far as production. Now, today’s V8s can be awesome, but old ones? Weak sauce.

I want 400h/500t in my Bronco. Any more will get me killed.
Sponsored

Last edited: