Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When a VIN is created, these systems can be set to auto populate the dealer websites.... Usually it's stock orders so it saves the dealership time, even when it's a retail customer's order, it gets people in the door thinking their dream car is on the lot. (some dealerships don't have it auto populate, and others are better about taking down the retail orders that do)

This is extremely common practice, but usually it's not a problem and/or it goes relatively unnoticed. We're just seeing the most extreme problems with this set up with the Bronco since all the orders were intended as retail sales and we're all extremely dialed in looking for Bronco's to pop up on websites.

In related thoughts, I would love for all of these "mY dEaLeR hAs A bRoNcO fOr SaLe LiSteD oN tHeIr SiTe" just merged into one massive thread... that'd be funny.
Also saw at least one dealer state that (in addition to auto-added VINs) he has some listed as a broker for his reservation-buyer-turned-flipper. That's another possibility.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive not seen other posts saying this...but I spend 5 minutes a day here if that
5 minutes a day?

Ford Bronco 6 new broncos for sale at dealership tenor

No worries.... just don't ever let it happen again.

;)

(a bunch of the threads have already been merged it looks like)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...re-ordered-broncos-for-sale-on-website.16664/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/edmunds-listings-show-broncos-available-at-dealerships.17682/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/broncos-showing-up-at-dealers.17743/

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In related thoughts, I would love for all of these "mY dEaLeR hAs A bRoNcO fOr SaLe LiSteD oN tHeIr SiTe" just merged into one massive thread... that'd be funny.
Don’t encourage this behaviour, lol

awerk66

First Edition
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Shelby Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Makes me wonder if some of these dealers made their cancelled orders a priority build to get them first over the customers. The may have an agreement with customer at MSRP, but I guarantee these units will be marked up significantly.

Sad and shady, my dealer has multiple broncos listed as well. I have a day one FE Bronco ordered and still don't have a build date.

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
In the future, just post actual photos if they are truly in stock.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The exact same thing happened with the Sports. They show up automated at the dealer site but are already sold.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bait.
a bunch of dealers were doing stuff similar to this when I was searching for a super duty. Great price on a lariat. Call them and it just so happens they just brought it in the shop for a lift and tires. +20k to the price or you can have one of these other more expensive ones on the lot.
Perhaps they don’t create the bronco ad but they’re more than happy to benefits from them.
I bought my superduty from AN Ford in Scottsdale. Got a great deal on a used XLT with 4k on the clock. I had contacted the manager asking for a lower trim 4dr 6.7. 2 months later, I got the call that he'd be willing to let it go fiarly cheap as most people want Lariat and above trims here. Paid $43k on a truck that sold for $56k 7 months earlier - it even still had the new car smell going on. One of the places that buys cars offered me $36.5k for it a month ago, so I feel like I made out having driven it for 6 years and 75k miles.

They do my maintenance as well since I bought the plan. All my dealings with them have been pretty straightforward and on the up-and-up. Would not hesitate to buy from them again, but in on a group by here with another dealer.
Sponsored