Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On 8/20 I made the switch because I am honestly to impatient to wait another 6-12 months for my Bronco and it worked yesterday 8/26 I got the email with a 9/20 build week and it is an awesome feeling knowing I will soon not have to wait any longer so I sat down after Driving a 4dr wild track dealer demo I had for 48 hours and made up this list that encouraged me to make the switch;

1-the doors of a 2dr do not fit in the back when you take them off (they are too big) 4dr all fit in the back.

2-the gas tank in a 4dr is 20 gallons vs 16 in a 2dr.

3-the back seat in a 2dr only made for 2 (I have triplet 7 year old grand kids) my wife and I can take them along.

4-the soft top is actually real nice easy to put up and down, no worries about where to store it and it's black not the grey color that I think looks better.

5-there is a lot more room for any adventure riders and gear.

6-I already have a 2dr Jeep TJ Rubicon.

Now I know I am going to get a lot of comments about my reasoning believe me I really like the looks of the two door and after bashing the 4dr for well over a year it was a hard decision but these 6 things made it easier for me and the fact that the 2dr is not available with a soft top just really sucks!
Sponsored

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On 8/20 I made the switch because I am honestly to impatient to wait another 6-12 months for my Bronco and it worked yesterday 8/26 I got the email with a 9/20 build week and it is an awesome feeling knowing I will soon not have to wait any longer so I sat down after Driving a 4dr wild track dealer demo I had for 48 hours and made up this list that encouraged me to make the switch;

1-the doors of a 2dr do not fit in the back when you take them off (they are too big) 4dr all fit in the back.

2-the gas tank in a 4dr is 20 gallons vs 16 in a 2dr.

3-the back seat in a 2dr only made for 2 (I have triplet 7 year old grand kids) my wife and I can take them along.

4-the soft top is actually real nice easy to put up and down, no worries about where to store it and it's black not the grey color that I think looks better.

5-there is a lot more room for any adventure riders and gear.

6-I already have a 2dr Jeep TJ Rubicon.

Now I know I am going to get a lot of comments about my reasoning believe me I really like the looks of the two door and after bashing the 4dr for well over a year it was a hard decision but these 6 things made it easier for me and the fact that the 2dr is not available with a soft top just really sucks!
All good points. It’s your Bronco.. at the end of the day, it should not matter what others believe you should do. Based on your number 3 alone, 4dr will be a good fit for you.
Congrats..

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad I switched to a 4 door. I would have been unhappy with the lack of room and no a seat delete was not going to happen. Love driving my 4 door around

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

6 reasons I found to stay with a 2 dr
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6- because 2 dr 🤷🏼‍♂️

In all seriousness, if you’re gonna appreciate it and enjoy it, it doesn’t matter how many doors it is. For me personally, a bronco is a 2 dr. That’s what I grew up with. Everyone’s reasons will be different. Good for you for being open minded.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As mentioned above, your #3 is plenty. At least it would be for me. Being able to take those triplets on trips with the grandparents is something that all of you are going to look back on and be glad you were able to do!

Last edited:

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had to incorporate triplets into my decision making, I’d of bought a minivan

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Clearwater native, please update your thread title for accuracy to “Ex Post Facto Compromise, Rationalization, Apology, and Shaming Tour”. 😂

Seriously, though, congratulations on getting scheduled. I am envious of your good fortune and fairly certain that you will enjoy the new ride, regardless of the body style. Bronco 6th Generation for the win! (y)😎

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't switch simply because I didn't want Ford to be rewarded for failure.....and I didn't want them to win again by convincing me to buy something I didn't originally want.

OP
OP
Clearwater native

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had to incorporate triplets into my decision making, I’d of bought a minivan
their parents have a minivan and when they drop off the kids sometimes we have to trade vehicles so we can take them out and NO I would never consider a mini van but down the road I might sell the jeep and buy another Bronco 2DR I respect your decision / Respect mine thank-you.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To your point on door storage, I hope you remembered to add the door storage bags to your order. They are different from the garage storage bags. The onboard storage bags can only be added at time of order. They are only a factory option and can not be ordered through the parts counter. The garage storage bags can be ordered as an accessory later.

I'm not a 4-dr buyer, but apparently when switching to a soft top, the WBDO drops the onboard storage bags. They must be optioned when updating an order.

Enjoy your Bronco.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

To each their own and my plan is to still own a 2 door.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clearwater native

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To your point on door storage, I hope you remembered to add the door storage bags to your order. They are different from the garage storage bags. The onboard storage bags can only be added at time of order. They are only a factory option and can not be ordered through the parts counter. The garage storage bags can be ordered as an accessory later.

I'm not a 4-dr buyer, but apparently when switching to a soft top, the WBDO drops the onboard storage bags. They must be optioned when updating an order.

Enjoy your Bronco.
They are not an option on the 4 door Badlands soft top as far as I can see
Sponsored