Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On 8/20 I made the switch because I am honestly to impatient to wait another 6-12 months for my Bronco and it worked yesterday 8/26 I got the email with a 9/20 build week and it is an awesome feeling knowing I will soon not have to wait any longer so I sat down after Driving a 4dr wild track dealer demo I had for 48 hours and made up this list that encouraged me to make the switch;

1-the doors of a 2dr do not fit in the back when you take them off (they are too big) 4dr all fit in the back.

2-the gas tank in a 4dr is 20 gallons vs 16 in a 2dr.

3-the back seat in a 2dr only made for 2 (I have triplet 7 year old grand kids) my wife and I can take them along.

4-the soft top is actually real nice easy to put up and down, no worries about where to store it and it's black not the grey color that I think looks better.

5-there is a lot more room for any adventure riders and gear.

6-I already have a 2dr Jeep TJ Rubicon.

Now I know I am going to get a lot of comments about my reasoning believe me I really like the looks of the two door and after bashing the 4dr for well over a year it was a hard decision but these 6 things made it easier for me and the fact that the 2dr is not available with a soft top just really sucks!
You do you boo.... 😗
Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't switch simply because I didn't want Ford to be rewarded for failure.....and I didn't want them to win again by convincing me to buy something I didn't originally want.
Knowing Ford they would use that as justification that nobody wants a 2 door. “Just look at the take rate!”

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On 8/20 I made the switch because I am honestly to impatient to wait another 6-12 months for my Bronco and it worked yesterday 8/26 I got the email with a 9/20 build week and it is an awesome feeling knowing I will soon not have to wait any longer so I sat down after Driving a 4dr wild track dealer demo I had for 48 hours and made up this list that encouraged me to make the switch;

1-the doors of a 2dr do not fit in the back when you take them off (they are too big) 4dr all fit in the back.

2-the gas tank in a 4dr is 20 gallons vs 16 in a 2dr.

3-the back seat in a 2dr only made for 2 (I have triplet 7 year old grand kids) my wife and I can take them along.

4-the soft top is actually real nice easy to put up and down, no worries about where to store it and it's black not the grey color that I think looks better.

5-there is a lot more room for any adventure riders and gear.

6-I already have a 2dr Jeep TJ Rubicon.

Now I know I am going to get a lot of comments about my reasoning believe me I really like the looks of the two door and after bashing the 4dr for well over a year it was a hard decision but these 6 things made it easier for me and the fact that the 2dr is not available with a soft top just really sucks!
Nice reasoning, Gramps . . . From one grabdpa to another! The 4dr is a much shorter car than my F150 anyway, so even that seems small to me. To your list, I'll add that its very annoying putting 3 grandchildren in the back seat on a 2 door. Someone has to get out of the front seat, flip forward the seat, shoehorn them up and into the back. Much easier to just open the back door, if there is one!

The lack of rear doors is the primary reason I traded my Bronco in 1999 (see profile photo) for a Van!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the look of the 4 door Sasquatch but anything less even stock Badlands doesn't look good. After test driving a soft top Wildtrak a week ago there is NO WAY in hell I would ever buy a soft top. I would wait another year for a MIC if need be. They suck, BAD.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the look of the 4 door Sasquatch but anything less even stock Badlands doesn't look good. After test driving a soft top Wildtrak a week ago there is NO WAY in hell I would ever buy a soft top. I would wait another year for a MIC if need be. They suck, BAD.
I disagree with every single part of your post..lol. The 33 inch tire Badlands is the perfect size in my opinion which is why I went with it. Not too large and not too small. The Sasquatch package isn’t really needed on the Badlands either with all of the off road features that come standard with it already. Also, I love how easy it is to take down and put the soft top up especially if you are by yourself. Will come in handy a lot especially with me living in the south where it not only stays warm most of the year but rains a lot.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's funny, when I drove a soft top Wildtrak, it did the opposite...confirmed that the soft top was the right top and made me wonder if I'd ever even need a hard top, even in winter. I hate the wavy windows, but everything else is great with the soft top...I was psyched about it once I used it, the convenience is awesome and it is good quality (except for the side windows). Why didn't you like it?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As mentioned above, your #3 is plenty. At least it would be for me. Being able to take those triplets on trips with the grandparents is something that is all of you are going to look back on and be glad you were able to do!
I agree with Dave. That's an adventure you just don't want to miss. A friend, and neighbor has trip girls. They are grown, and on their own now. Dang, I even miss those kids. :)

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Optional power seats available on four door with passenger lumbar.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I love the Bronco 2Door. However, I recently attended Off-Roadeo and now I need a Bronco ASAP. If all goes well, my 7/14 reservation will get me a MY21 Badlands 4Door soft top. In MY23 I hope to get a Bronco 2Door with the Mod top as I trade in my F150. I guess I see value with both. Now back to saving pennies in the piggy bank!

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

their parents have a minivan and when they drop off the kids sometimes we have to trade vehicles so we can take them out and NO I would never consider a mini van but down the road I might sell the jeep and buy another Bronco 2DR I respect your decision / Respect mine thank-you.
Whatever works. Just make sure you stick the least favorite in the middle on your way to the zoo

OP
OP
Clearwater native

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I bought my current Jeep 5 plus years ago the hard top has been winched up about 15’ in my shop
And am sure that would be the case with my Bronco but ya I feel ya the hard top for $695. Now is a heck of a lot better than probably $3500 later if that is what you want

OP
OP
Clearwater native

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That brings up an idea. Hummmm......a Bronco minivan.

Oh good Lord, bite your tounge Randy. Remember, Ford made this wierd looking electric thing, and called it a Mustang. Let's not give them any more ideas. :)

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You will regret this decision.

But I think you already know that.
Nah…..Having room to cruise around with his Grandkids and being able to share that experience as a family is reason enough.

2 doors are fun, but 4 door brings a whole lot of convenience, whether people want to admit it or not.
Sponsored