First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is kind of an obscure question, but I am wondering if there is a difference between the six speaker stereo, and the seven speaker stereo with subwoofer delete.

When I ordered my bronco, it was ordered with the seven speaker stereo with subwoofer delete, but when I look on the Ford website at the options my bronco has before it is built, it just says the six speaker stereo.

Iā€™m wondering if they removed the dummy subwoofer?
Sponsored

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The 7-speaker system has three 4" speakers in the dash, two 6.5" speakers in the kick panels, and two 4" speakers in the rear pods and then the subwoofer. The subwoofer isn't "counted" as a speaker.

The 6-speaker only has two 4" in the dash (no center one).

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Manual Sasquatch Bronco (BaseManSquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 7-speaker system has three 4" speakers in the dash, two 6.5" speakers in the kick panels, and two 4" speakers in the rear pods and then the subwoofer. The subwoofer isn't "counted" as a speaker.

I don't think this is correct. The B&O system on higher trims has the center speaker in the dash. The regular audio with 7 speakers is including the sub. Even the Ford order guide says: "Seven (7) Speakers, including Subwoofer"

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This is not accurate. I own the sub woofer delete model and there are only two 4 inchers in the front. The sub def counts as a speaker in the "7" speaker system.

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is kind of an obscure question, but I am wondering if there is a difference between the six speaker stereo, and the seven speaker stereo with subwoofer delete.

When I ordered my bronco, it was ordered with the seven speaker stereo with subwoofer delete, but when I look on the Ford website at the options my bronco has before it is built, it just says the six speaker stereo.

Iā€™m wondering if they removed the dummy subwoofer?
This is a good question. I can see the cutout in the back where its preforated and where a speaker should be - is that there on the 6 speaker system?

I am wondering how easy it is to just go and throw a sub in that spot. I'd prob have to add an amp in the back as well but the hook ups and wiring should all be there already. Anyone done this?

Sponsored
OP
OP
NathanML

NathanML

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am just curious how mine is going to be built now that I have seen it with two different descriptions. I have acquired a sub and amp from a working sub to put in the non-working enclose so I can flash it (having assumed I would get it).

Iā€™m really curious if they have stopped shipping the dummy sub.

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think this is correct. The B&O system on higher trims has the center speaker in the dash. The regular audio with 7 speakers is including the sub. Even the Ford order guide says: "Seven (7) Speakers, including Subwoofer"
My apologies I was unaware there were 3 different options for the speaker system. I thought it was the "basic" 6 speaker and the "B&O" 7-speaker

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am just curious how mine is going to be built now that I have seen it with two different descriptions. I have acquired a sub and amp from a working sub to put in the non-working enclose so I can flash it (having assumed I would get it).

Iā€™m really curious if they have stopped shipping the dummy sub.
I am as well. I have the $250 credit on my window sticker but says 6 speaker. I hope I get the dummy sub! MY Bronco is on its way so will know soon enough.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My apologies I was unaware there were 3 different options for the speaker system. I thought it was the "basic" 6 speaker and the "B&O" 7-speaker
There aren't, really, there are only 2 and a few confused people are communicating out info that is confusing more people.

There are 2 factory Ford Bronco stereo systems (at least non Raptors, I know nothing about them):

"Base" (my term, for consistency) that is shipped with all Broncos that do NOT have the LUX trim. Through MY 2022 this system had 6 speakers - 2 4" in the dash, 2 6.5" in the kick panels, and 2 4" in the rear pods. Beginning with MY2023 Ford ADDED a subwoofer in a fashion similar to that of the Bang & Olufsen stereo described below. Several weeks into MY2023 production Ford halted the installation of a working sub system and instead installed dummy components in the same location (with a delete code on sticker like "AM/FM, 6 Spkr, SDARS" and a $250 credit).

Bang & Olufsen, or B&O, is shipped with Bronco's spec'd with the LUX trim. I see people tossing around the "7 speaker" moniker for this system but Ford pretty consistently refers to it as a 10 speaker system. It comes with a functioning amp/subwoofer installed in the same passenger rear wheel well location that the Base began using with the MY2023. Besides the functioning sub the B&O system adds a 3rd, central, 4" dash speaker and a secondary DSP unit.

So when speaking of the non-B&O system there's only 1; it's designed/built as a 7 speaker when one counts the sub but is currently shipping without the functioning sub.

HTH

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the clarification. I have a 2022 so thats why I was focused on only two options.

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If the ā€sub deleteā€ broncos have the side panel with sub speaker holes (rather than ā€pocketā€ side panel) does it also have the sub speaker box?

OP
OP
NathanML

NathanML

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the ā€sub deleteā€ broncos have the side panel with sub speaker holes (rather than ā€pocketā€ side panel) does it also have the sub speaker box?
So far, yes

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not accurate. I own the sub woofer delete model and there are only two 4 inchers in the front. The sub def counts as a speaker in the "7" speaker system.
2 in the kickpanels...2 on top...2 in the rear in the pods. The sub counted as the 7th. That is my build that I just received. Is a March 3 build Badlands SAS 4dr.

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco, ā€˜21 F250, ā€˜96 911/993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know the OE part number for the deleted sub that fits with the standard 7-speaker system? I have the dummy enclosure and it would be nice to install the functioning unit if now available. Thanks!
Sponsored