First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the best of luck to ya. All my family grew up making careers, families, and responsibilities so I just had to be the wild one. If tourism ever happens again and the kids get old enough to jump off a waterfall, come to maui, rent a bronco (fingers crossed JLs dominate the rentals here) stop by Twin Falls on the Hana Hwy and I will set ya up with coconuts, smoothies, and popsicles for the kids.
You're my idol. If I ever get back to Maui, I'll smile as I drive the Hana hwy knowing there is someone who had the courage to live the way I wanted to live, but was not brave enough.
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The long term notes don't worry me too much, I always give myself an out. Work is very stable also. I paid my 2011 f150 off a year early from its 6 year loan. Paid my Chrysler off a year early from its 4 year loan. Double payments and paying extra sure does help. The Bronco will be my first brand new vehicle and I'm willing to take a little risk with it. I have multiple other vehicles, I don't sell i just add to the fleet. I only drive about 10k a year split between 4 vehicles and all have been very reliable. I have repair money set aside if needed. With a super low interest rate, low down payment im willing to spend the most i ever have on a vehicle on the new Bronco, happily.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah, but boat loans go up to 20 years. I guess that explains those folks who have boats but can’t afford anything to pull them.
Our 20 year boat loan is at 1.9%..... We chose a style of boat that has almost always APPRECIATED.. we could get more money for it today than when we had it built for in 2014

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our 20 year boat loan is at 1.9%..... We chose a style of boat that has almost always APPRECIATED.. we could get more money for it today than when we had it built for in 2014
Hope you weren’t expecting the Bronco to pull it around.
Seems plenty were.

Not to get too personal, but what do you have? Offshore?

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, if the interest rate is low enough, I've done 7 year loans to keep the monthly even lower.

I never keep my car that long, anyway. And given net present value, I always prefer minimizing monthly as much as possible.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As many people have mentioned, length alone is not enough to judge a loan. Interest rate is a huge part of the decision, and we find ourselves in a particularly low interest rate environment right now. IMO, 3% is the dividing line. Below 3%, it becomes very likely that you can do better with your cash over the same period of time. Hell a 100 year loan can be defensible under 3% interest.

Sponsored

I_am_Becks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pre-ordered first of 500 2015 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own my cars before the loan date usually. Under 3% is phenomenal, 0%? you cannot beat that if it happens. It's funny seeing all the Wall Street attitudes when the majority of us are most likely just working people. Pay an extra 50 bucks a month might get you where I have been for the last 3 or 4 vehicles I have owned. Just sayin'.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I'll be paying interest on the loan I limit myself to 48 months and usually shoot for a 36 month loan if I can comfortably swing it. But if I'm paying 0% interest then pump that sucker up to 84 months for all I care. I'll still personally end up paying it off years before the end of the loan and in the meantime I'll only be tied down to small monthly payments that always provide more flexibility.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Real facts. For the guys getting a Badlands with the 2.7 and Sasquatch, maybe a couple extra goodies like a roof rack, etc, this baby will be approaching $55K fast.

Spread over 60 months with no down payment and you're looking at something like $800+ per month. Not terrible, but bad.

If anyone were to stretch to buy this thing, I won't blame or judge you; think we're all going to love it, have a ton of fun, and want to keep it, but prospects of 72 months or more can be dangerous unless you have some form of gap insurance.

Say that, but I'm also not a big believer in down payments. Cash in hand for emergencies like the pandemic can be smart money.

Do we need the Bronco at the high price points? No, but damn sure want it. Smart money can kiss my a$$. :ROFLMAO:

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on putting down about half up front and then going 4-5 years.
Ditto! Targetting $45k-$50k total price, down payment of $20-$25k, finance the rest, factor in insurance and my payment for car and insurance is around the mid 400s.
Sponsored

Last edited: