recklesschewie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg - TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Haven’t followed a build thread this fast before. Love your mods. You’ve done a few things I have on my list once the bronco gets here. Appreciate seeing it in real life vs on stock photos online.

I didn’t get the mod bumper (part of me is regretting it) however I’m torn on what I want to do with the bumper in general.
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven’t followed a build thread this fast before. Love your mods. You’ve done a few things I have on my list once the bronco gets here. Appreciate seeing it in real life vs on stock photos online.

I didn’t get the mod bumper (part of me is regretting it) however I’m torn on what I want to do with the bumper in general.
Thanks very much.

If you use the “search” feature on the forums, you should be able to find some capable bumper mods. There’s been some recently for pocket lights, similar to what I’ve got on my modular bumper. I’m sure more options will come up as time goes on too.

Hope your Bronco arrives soon!

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ARB Twin Compressor & KR Off-Road Mounting Bracket (From 4x4TruckLEDs):

Just installed this tonight. Not much to share on this as it's pretty straight forward. The mounting bracket is well built and easy to install. I opted for the additional mounting bracket for the ARB rocker switch, so I could turn on and off my compressor from directly under the hood and not need to use an AUX switch from inside the vehicle.

Any questions, please ask away!

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_1895

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you run into any issues you had to work around or deal with .... or was it a pretty straight forward "plug and play" install?

Any particular reasoning for this mount vs others, primarily, I thought there was a vertical mount version that was supposed to be pretty sweet.
(looked it up .... Grimm Offroad is what I was thinking of... )

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you run into any issues you had to work around or deal with .... or was it a pretty straight forward "plug and play" install?

Any particular reasoning for this mount vs others, primarily, I thought there was a vertical mount version that was supposed to be pretty sweet.
(looked it up .... Grimm Offroad is what I was thinking of... )
I ran into an issue with adjusting the air hose coupler on top, from straight up to a slight angle. Even using a basic hand wrench, the bolt inside sheered off! I was directed to ARB whose customer service (quickly responded to my warranty claim) provided me a blow out diagram of the compressor and parts list, and offered to send me a new bolt. Thankfully I was able to get access to it and with some patience, was able to extract the bolt and find a replacement at a local hardware store. Outside of that, it was easy to install - Lots of helpful videos online and the instructions with the compressor were pretty good.

I was looking at the Grimm Off Road one, however I wanted a more simple installation. I also didn't mind having the compressor more out in the open like it is now - Thought it might help more with dissipating heat. Maybe that's a false thought? The bracket I got appears to be very well made and was super simple to install. Once everything was secured, I gave the compressor a good shake and it doesn't budge.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really a modification or part of my build journal, but wanted to share the latest addition to the stable:

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_2184

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really a modification or part of my build journal, but wanted to share the latest addition to the stable:

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal IMG_2184
Cool, but where's the splash graphics? I just got my boy a Jeep SCX10 for his birthday then I got a Rock Rey so we could play together. Thinking about putting a Bronco R body on the Rock Rey, I think it can be adapted even though it's not made for it. There are SCX10 Bronco bodies of course, unfortunately only moar doors.

354576498_6283801025035204_4429543308123672081_n.jpg

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, but where's the splash graphics? I just got my boy a Jeep SCX10 for his birthday then I got a Rock Rey so we could play together. Thinking about putting a Bronco R body on the Rock Rey, I think it can be adapted even though it's not made for it. There are SCX10 Bronco bodies of course, unfortunately only moar doors.

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal 354576498_6283801025035204_4429543308123672081_n
Already looked into it but holding off for now. Seeing how interested I get into my RC Bronco first 🤣

Enjoy!

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 604Bronco’s Build Journal 354576498_6283801025035204_4429543308123672081_n
@604Bronco wants to know if you are related to @Tricky Dick ? :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Appreciate the idea about the chase lights inside the tire. It's not something I need/would use often out here (except dense snow and fog) but on trips out west it would def be useful.
Sponsored