First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Motor Company does not hold any Bronco deposits. Only the independent franchise dealerships do. And deposits cannot be booked as revenue (or profit) on the income statement until the sale consummates under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Yup. I got my $100 back from my dealer, not from Ford. Dunno why, but my dealer didn't just discount the price of my Bronco by $100, they sent me a check a few weeks after I bought it.

However my $875 price protection check came from Ford.
Sponsored

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have asked my dealer this information too and they would NOT disclose anything either. :(
And this is why people are ordering multiple Broncos anyway. I don't blame them at this point but since Ford decided to play the allocation game and screw over the reservation holders and really, anyone with an outstanding order then the multiple orders further stagnate the quagmire of availability. My sales guy has been responsive but tight lipped about my order status at a relatively small dealer. If I get pushed to 2023 (very likely) then I will seek out a convenient large dealer that sells at MSRP and place a second order as well. The dealer that comes in second will still be able to sell the abandoned order in a hot minute.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep trying with your dealer. Mine wasn't willing to share details about where I stood on the waiting list until today. I must have caught the sales manager in a good mood because I now know I'm 15th out of 56 on the pre-October 2020 reservation list. 7.20.20 4dr/Obx/lux/sasquatch/mic/2.7 Certainly mine is constrained but no tow package like many of their reservations so that should help me.

He estimates they will get another 20ish orders scheduled in May just like they did in April. FWIW, mine is one of five that are a priority 10 and the others are all priority 11. I might actually have mine by Thanksgiving and maybe much sooner.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was sitting at a stop light admiring the Area 51 Bronco Wildtrak with a Hardtop next to me. It was gorgeous. My concerns about $4.69 per-gallon gas just melted away. I try not to bug my dealer much, but I had to hit him up. I emailed the guy I'm working with at the dealership and the general sales manager just to ask what they were seeing. I reserved about 12 hours after the Bronco reservations went live. We removed a few things from the Bronco to try to speed things up. We have a Bronco Hammock, Poster, Desk Calendar, and some other stuff. But what we don't have is any effing clue what we are looking at. The dealership has no idea.

I don't need an exact date (though that would be nice). I just asked if it's likely going to be 2023 now, and they couldn't even tell me that.

I'm sure Ford is suffering with the supply chain issues and the remnants of the COVID-19 crisis. I'm sure making 139 billion in Revenue and 17.9 billion in profit in 2021 (The highest since 2013) will help dry Ford's tears. More profit on significantly less total revenue for Ford. Well, hopefully I get another package from them. Maybe a little Bronco Hotwheels this time.
1) if you're concerned at all about the price of gas (or it's even crossed you mind) then you probably shouldn't even be considering an SUV.

now that that's out of the way.

2) Check the back door tracker. Make sure your dealership/sales idiot actually put your order in

3) look at the DORA from when your order was placed and check the priority code. if it's 99 then your Bronco's not going to be built. if it isn't 99 contact the dealership and make sure the sales idiot didn't reset to 99 for some reason

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1) if you're concerned at all about the price of gas (or it's even crossed you mind) then you probably shouldn't even be considering an SUV.

2) Check the back door tracker. Make sure your dealership/sales idiot actually put your order in

3) look at the DORA from when your order was placed and check the priority code. if it's 99 then your Bronco's not going to be built. if it isn't 99 contact the dealership and make sure the sales idiot didn't reset to 99 for some reason
Thanks. I know the order was actually put in. But I don't know the priority code. I'll check on that.

And what I was saying about Gas was that the bronco was so beautiful that my concerns about expensive gas melted away. Get it? It's awesome enough that it's worth the high gas costs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

The Backdoor link now says "Scheduled for Production Week of 5/30/2022"

I'm trying to use the search function to figure out how to find my priority code but I just can't seem to find it.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks. I know the order was actually put in. But I don't know the priority code. I'll check on that.

And what I was saying about Gas was that the bronco was so beautiful that my concerns about expensive gas melted away. Get it? It's awesome enough that it's worth the high gas costs.
I
The Backdoor link now says "Scheduled for Production Week of 5/30/2022"

I'm trying to use the search function to figure out how to find my priority code but I just can't seem to find it.
You can call Ford or use the the chat feature on the Ford website and ask for your VIN

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife and I decided not to change anything on our Bronco Wildtrak order because we donā€™t want to settle for something we ā€œhadā€ to buy. Weā€™ll wait it out until Ford hopefully catches up to demand. 2025?

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do wonder how the decision which build works. I did ask my dealer that question and he told me that what ford is doing is that theyā€™re building the easiest first in order to attempt to ā€œcatch upā€ with production.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do wonder how the decision which build works. I did ask my dealer that question and he told me that what ford is doing is that theyā€™re building the easiest first in order to attempt to ā€œcatch upā€ with production.
Given how many people are still waiting on the Base, I'm convinced Ford's formula is "build the most expensive ones we have parts for"

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Then the Raptors will probably be first. Ours shouldnā€™t be too far behind. We ordered a Wildtrak, lux, color matching hard top and flares, tow package, Sasquatch. Almost all good packages.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Given how many people are still waiting on the Base, I'm convinced Ford's formula is "build the most expensive ones we have parts for"
That's definitely not it. If that were the case I would have had my WT by now.

Now, behind the scenes, I've always thought that the dealers are doing something to get people that are willing to pay more there's faster. I've also noticed that almost every single influencer, or insider that was leaking information seems to have gotten their Broncos.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As BB King once sangā€¦ ā€œThe thrill is goneā€. My excitement has dropped to an all time low. Not sure if it is because I purchased a fun vehicle in its place ā€¦ā€¦

Ford Bronco 636 days have passed since my Bronco Reservation.  A status update would be nice 75816D47-7ECB-4AB1-AFCD-CAEF62D8F080

ā€¦ā€¦..or that is a defense mechanism to keep me from going mad.

Ford has handled the communication around this so poorly they have zero credibility in my mind at this point. I havenā€™t cancelled my order but also really donā€™t care when it comes in at this point.

I am so tired of my friends asking me when my Bronco is coming. I may just buy another bucket list car in the interim and forget the whole thing.

Ford Bronco 636 days have passed since my Bronco Reservation.  A status update would be nice EA1B94CC-0F32-44AB-9C97-B7507B9292F7
Sponsored