First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was sitting at a stop light admiring the Area 51 Bronco Wildtrak with a Hardtop next to me. It was gorgeous. My concerns about $4.69 per-gallon gas just melted away. I try not to bug my dealer much, but I had to hit him up. I emailed the guy I'm working with at the dealership and the general sales manager just to ask what they were seeing. I reserved about 12 hours after the Bronco reservations went live. We removed a few things from the Bronco to try to speed things up. We have a Bronco Hammock, Poster, Desk Calendar, and some other stuff. But what we don't have is any effing clue what we are looking at. The dealership has no idea.

I don't need an exact date (though that would be nice). I just asked if it's likely going to be 2023 now, and they couldn't even tell me that.

I'm sure Ford is suffering with the supply chain issues and the remnants of the COVID-19 crisis. I'm sure making 139 billion in Revenue and 17.9 billion in profit in 2021 (The highest since 2013) will help dry Ford's tears. More profit on significantly less total revenue for Ford. Well, hopefully I get another package from them. Maybe a little Bronco Hotwheels this time.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ask you dealer how many are in front of you and how many allocations they have .. simply the best info to determine where you fall in line and how soon you will be scheduled.

You will just get a lot of negative comments here which will not help your situation

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You will just get a lot of negative comments here which will not help your situation
Yeah, of course it won't help my situation. But maybe a few people want to chat about this topic and share common experience. Maybe a few Ford lovers will come out in defense and we can have a good time discussing that. But I don't think it's a bad thing for people to come here and share their experiences and frustration with the order process.

glamosaurus

Base
First Name
Hope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ask you dealer how many are in front of you and how many allocations they have
My dealer will not disclose this info, which leaves me entirely in the dark.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You have a low thread count and thus I was just warning you.

Goodluck.

Yeah, of course it won't help my situation. But maybe a few people want to chat about this topic and share common experience. Maybe a few Ford lovers will come out in defense and we can have a good time discussing that. But I don't think it's a bad thing for people to come here and share their experiences and frustration with the order process.

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You have a low thread count and thus I was just warning you.

Goodluck.
Thanks I guess. I also reached out to my dealer again to ask about allocation and where I am in line and he basically said nobody knows that information at this point. Told me that computer chips are still a problem. On my lightning reservation, however, he is able to tell me my exact place in line, even though I missed out on getting a 2022.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Figure that part of the profits had to be that $100 reservation fee that implied that we were in line. I've heard that there were about 125,000 reservations converted to orders, that's 12.5 million dollars. Then five months after accepting reservations was the first mention of Dealer allocation being part of the formula for calculating when our builds would happen.

Hang in there, it's all we can do. Hoping that the wait will be worth it for all of us.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Your dealership is lying to you. Every dealership knows how many reservations they have and how many allocations they have.

My dealership shares this info with me everytime I ask.

Other dealerships here (Granger and Chapman) have post on this forum sharing this info with their customers.

Thanks I guess. I also reached out to my dealer again to ask about allocation and where I am in line and he basically said nobody knows that information at this point. Told me that computer chips are still a problem. On my lightning reservation, however, he is able to tell me my exact place in line, even though I missed out on getting a 2022.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Figure that part of the profits had to be that $100 reservation fee that implied that we were in line. I've heard that there were about 125,000 reservations converted to orders, that's 12.5 million dollars. Then five months after accepting reservations was the first mention of Dealer allocation being part of the formula for calculating when our builds would happen.

Hang in there, it's all we can do. Hoping that the wait will be worth it for all of us.
Ford Motor Company does not hold any Bronco deposits. Only the independent franchise dealerships do. And deposits cannot be booked as revenue (or profit) on the income statement until the sale consummates under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).

Sponsored
OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your dealership is lying to you. Every dealership knows how many reservations they have and how many allocations they have.

My dealership shares this info with me everytime I ask.

Other dealerships here (Granger and Chapman) have post on this forum sharing this info with their customers.
Just to make sure we are on the same page. Are you saying that the dealership knows the exact allocation for each and every trim and component set ordered? I don't think that's true. I think they could tell you how many Broncos have been ordered at the dealership and where you are in line. I think they can maybe even do it by trim level. But I think there are too many factors with what you specifically ordered for the individual dealer to know exactly where you are in line. And they don't have a specific number of hard top allocations. It's not like they have been allocated 3 Wildtrak Hard tops with a certain bumper is it?

But I know for sure this guy would be able to tell me how many broncos they have on order generally. A lot of people have received soft tops in other trims when they ordered way after me.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was sitting at a stop light admiring the Area 51 Bronco Wildtrak with a Hardtop next to me. It was gorgeous. My concerns about $4.69 per-gallon gas just melted away. I try not to bug my dealer much, but I had to hit him up. I emailed the guy I'm working with at the dealership and the general sales manager just to ask what they were seeing. I reserved about 12 hours after the Bronco reservations went live. We removed a few things from the Bronco to try to speed things up. We have a Bronco Hammock, Poster, Desk Calendar, and some other stuff. But what we don't have is any effing clue what we are looking at. The dealership has no idea.

I don't need an exact date (though that would be nice). I just asked if it's likely going to be 2023 now, and they couldn't even tell me that.

I'm sure Ford is suffering with the supply chain issues and the remnants of the COVID-19 crisis. I'm sure making 139 billion in Revenue and 17.9 billion in profit in 2021 (The highest since 2013) will help dry Ford's tears. More profit on significantly less total revenue for Ford. Well, hopefully I get another package from them. Maybe a little Bronco Hotwheels this time.
What did you order?

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealership lying! Not sharing information! I'm aghast! Just shocked!🤯

BTW, I'm a relative newcomer - only 631 days for me (so far...)

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What did you order?
Wildtrak Hardtop in Area 51. We removed the tow package and changed bumper options or something to try to speed it up, but we are sticking with the hard top. (Honestly, I am OK to keep waiting, but the complete lack of good information makes planning very hard)

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I’m at 636 days also and in the same boat #novingang
Sponsored