Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We'll probably never know, but what i want to know is how many actual orders were made for a MY21 and then how many orders decided to hold off for a 22.
Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That mustang had lets say 10% of the parts on it, coming from like 10 suppliers, and most of them were shared with other models. And very minimal testing and other BS to pass first.
The '65 Mustang repair manual was listed as Mustang/Falcon/Fairlane if memory serves.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That mustang had lets say 10% of the parts on it, coming from like 10 suppliers, and most of them were shared with other models. And very minimal testing and other BS to pass first.
They didn't even have any of the resources available today and got things done. Back then is was probably something like picking up the phone and dialing, "Joe, this is Mike over at Ford. Can you send me another 200k of those widgets"? Joe says "sure, they'll be on a truck in 2 weeks".

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's really going to frost my Ba**s is seeing several Bronco's on the lot with huge ADM's months before I can get my reserved and ordered Bronco. I am sure some Dealers are calling their high dollar peeps telling them "Man have I got a deal for YOU!" Scumbags! Why I hate buying from a Dealer, but kudo's to the few up front and straight Dealers on this site.
What if the dealer let you get ahead of everyone for some extra dough. Would you do it?

I don't quite get the animosity towards some people getting their Bronco first if their willing to pay for it. There are so many examples of in society of people paying for priority or privilege. Or people just buying something to flip it to the next guy for a profit.

Ford seems to have caused a lot of angst with this reservation system where people have a "place in line". Anytime you ordered cars in the past, they just showed up when they were ready. There was never seeing yourself as ahead of or behind someone.

A lot of the comments on B6G remind me of that George Carlin routine about traffic. The people driving slower than you are morons and the people driving faster than you are assholes. :D

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dealers get penalized if more than 20% of Bronco's are sold to non-reservation holders.
What's the penalty? Reason I ask, I can picture dealers charging a sizable up-charge... so they would stand to make more money breaking the rules, rather than following them.

Sponsored

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Id pay extra to skip the line.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I reserved early to skip the line. But if I failed at that, I’d be fine paying extra to grab a cancelled order that got delivered and had what I wanted.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a bunch of B.S. Had my reservation converted to a order without my consent on 3/18 and after telling the SM that I was waiting on MY22 for either a Base Squatch Stick or a Heritage and he smiled and told me no problem and not to worry. If I took a MY21, I was in the top 5 on their list. I think they're just trying to steal my reservation for their their sales floor.

JackBoston

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm just waiting till May to get the build date estimate, until then, no bod ee knows nothin'

But this is becoming a real long wait.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I cancel my two orders and picked up a 17 F-150 Platinum FX4 (for a real good deal). If I am going to pay the big bucks, they need to fix the manual transmission package. I really want the 2.7L with a manual and Sasquatch. Dig would be even better. Right now the FX4 fits my needs. The 10 Speed is OK, but I really want to row my own. Plus, the 17 has a CD and mechanical parking brake.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a bunch of B.S. Had my reservation converted to a order without my consent on 3/18 and after telling the SM that I was waiting on MY22 for either a Base Squatch Stick or a Heritage and he smiled and told me no problem and not to worry. If I took a MY21, I was in the top 5 on their list. I think they're just trying to steal my reservation for their their sales floor.
They probably just wanted to boost their allocation...have then put priority 99 on it and hold it until next year. Probably not a big deal, or any deal. Of course...they could also be trying to snipe it.
If I wanted a 22 I would just have made a later reservation at a dealer offering a great deal for late reservations. Again, no big deal in your case since you are waiting.

miked47

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford is building this Bronco for one reason and one reason only. It would be nice of them to build them according to people’s “place in line”, but in reality they will build these in whatever way that gets the most out the door. —-my opinion.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if the dealer let you get ahead of everyone for some extra dough. Would you do it?

No..... Because I have integrity.

I don't quite get the animosity towards some people getting their Bronco first if their willing to pay for it. There are so many examples of in society of people paying for priority or privilege. Or people just buying something to flip it to the next guy for a profit.

Then why even have a reservation system at all?, so you're good with people cutting in line ahead of you just because they are willing to pony up a few extra thousand?

Ford seems to have caused a lot of angst with this reservation system where people have a "place in line". Anytime you ordered cars in the past, they just showed up when they were ready. There was never seeing yourself as ahead of or behind someone.

Again, see answer above.

A lot of the comments on B6G remind me of that George Carlin routine about traffic. The people driving slower than you are morons and the people driving faster than you are assholes. :D
I don't see it that way, just some are in a hurry, and some are not.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm just waiting till May to get the build date estimate, until then, no bod ee knows nothin'

But this is becoming a real long wait.
That seems likely to be the next big news. I can just imagine the threads we'll see here before then. I certainly hope Ford doesn't give anything else away. :rolleyes:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That seems likely to be the next big news. I can just imagine the threads we'll see here before then. I certainly hope Ford doesn't give anything else away. :rolleyes:
Well, dealers will get their actual allocation for MY21 in the interim, maybe next week. That will be semi-big news...
Sponsored