First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The cancelled orders that dealers get their hands on will still be built in roughly timestamp order as if there is a real customer waiting on it, so it is not like the dealers are going to get a ton of Broncos before the early res holders get theirs. There may be a few weird cases but I would guess that most cancellations would be the ones placed after the first few order days, made by more casual Bronco customers, rather than the enthusiastic ones. These "20%" Broncos will be showing up late in year I think. There will also be dealers who sell their mannequins earlier than they should at a big profit.
But if dealers adjusted all those orders to exclude the deadly sins, those would be produced first ahead of real orders that included any of the deadly sins. If they were being smart, that is.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still see A bunch of order holders canceling come May when Ford gives someone a 12-18 month build time, especially early July reservation holders ....

people will drop because ....well because people hate wait times...
Why would it take over a year for early res holders to get a Bronco? This is not based on any factual statement or timeline, unless a person puts it off on purpose.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoke to my dealer, here in North Texas, and their conversion rate was 84%. Iā€™m 13th in line, with a 7/13 reservation, after they filter out the folks holding off till MY22. #nowwewait
ā€˜yes Im at the same dealer they, had around 450 converted ..great job. Iā€™m also a 7/13 and will move up to from those ahead of me that converted for my22

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not shooting holes but the geek in me would be interested to know how many parts made up a 1965 Mustang versus a 2021, including, from what part of the world the part came, and how many suppliers Ford dealt with/deals with. And whether they were as ā€œjust in timeā€ then with stocking parts as businesses are now.
im going to say 100% of a 1964 Mustang and 1966 Bronco was made by my fellow Americans in the USA With domestic companies. And they werenā€™t worried about some German manufacturer building a facility in Michigan for Bronco Tops or importing computer chips from China. Saying that, according to Ford the 2021 Bronco will have the highest domestic USA parts content of any production vehicle manufactured in the USA. Currently the Ranger is #1 or #2 depending on which source you use.

Jelly81Raider

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Base
im going to say 100% of a 1964 Mustang and 1966 Bronco was made by my fellow Americans in the USA With domestic companies. And they werenā€™t worried about some German manufacturer building a facility in Michigan for Bronco Tops or importing computer chips from China. Saying that, according to Ford the 2021 Bronco will have the highest domestic USA parts content of any production vehicle manufactured in the USA. Currently the Ranger is #1 or #2 depending on which source you use.
Truth! Thought this was an interesting read:

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g22639636/most-american-cars-and-trucks-you-can-buy/

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes C&D has the Ranger at #2, but 3 other sources have it at #1 and the Lincoln Aviator in top 10

a lot of them use a single vehicle and push how itā€™s made here or has a lot of domestic parts, but somewhere I read that Ford over its entire line has the highest domestic parts content and vehicles assembled in the USA (not Mexico or Canada) and letā€™s not forget Jeep is owned by Fiat now.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would it take over a year for early res holders to get a Bronco? This is not based on any factual statement or timeline, unless a person puts it off on purpose.
Well most of the speculation on this thread is just that speculation. Hard top shortages, chip shortages, deadly sins, covid, whatever else someone wants to talk about. Outside of the 1st week reservations there might be a. Long wait for a lot of people who placed orders... yep not based on ā€œfactualā€ information but with ford we should expect long build times, why because itā€™s the times we are a livinā€™...

Ajsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the update. Now the next waiting period starts.......production schedule. I am #1 at my dealer and day 1 order, so heres hoping for 4th of July delivery!
Iā€™m hoping for the same thing. I was #1 at my dealer but I want lux and Sasquatch so late availability

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford announced last week it'll be available in the middle east this summer.
Not exactly..... Ford announced in will be launching the Bronco in the Middle East this summer. It didn't exactly say what was meant by 'launch'.
Wonder if Ford will use a reservation system. :ROFLMAO:

https://fordauthority.com/2021/03/ford-bronco-launches-in-the-middle-east-this-summer/
I may have read to much into the word launch. I guess I equated that to avaliable.

Either way they've definitely got international plans for it.
Wasnā€™t our Bronco launch last year? Not sure about you guys, but Iā€™m still waiting for mine.

;)

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly. Since the reservation deposit was with the dealer, they could refund the deposit for anyone who declined to order or was a non-contact, convert with the person's name still on the reservation, and then "no match" them when it was delivered. The "no match" was designed to protect them against cancellations, but they are definitely going to game the system. Unfortunately there will be Broncos on lots for sale before reservations are filled, something Ford guaranteed would not happen. Really sad for everyone waiting patiently and trying to follow the rules.
Ford needs to revisit this issue and tighten this up. I see the potential for a lot of abuse.
Where did Ford promise all reservations filled before putting Broncos for sale on the lots?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not true. Demand > Supply, so the allocation simply goes to another dealer.
Think longer term; where does the power reside in the manufactured/dealer relationship? 50 years ago a car dealer carried only one vehicle line - today they commonly carry 4 or more.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m hoping for the same thing. I was #1 at my dealer but I want lux and Sasquatch so late availability
Neither of those options are late availability... just restrained. They have the parts just not enough for everyone right away.

If youā€™re first in line at the buffet table, thereā€™s a good likelihood youā€™ll get one of those mini eclairs that everyone loves.

Compare that to say, the Mod Top which *is* late availability... If youā€™re first in line and waiting for the lasagna to come out, youā€™ll get first dibs on it, but anyone happy having the chicken breast will already be seated enjoying their dinner.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did Ford promise all reservations filled before putting Broncos for sale on the lots?
Ford has stated explicitly a number of times that for MY21, reservation orders will be filled before dealer stock.

Since orders outnumber production capacity, by extrapolation, all of MY21 production will be devoted to fulfilling orders.

(exceptions made for mannequins and review units obviously)
Sponsored