First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I know the new bronco body is 66-77 inspired...but I am wondering, given the modularity features being promoted by Ford, if we might see a body kit that would be closer to 66-77 style and if folks would be interested in something like that.
Sponsored

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I know the new bronco body is 66-77 inspired...but I am wondering, given the modularity features being promoted by Ford, if we might see a body kit that would be closer to 66-77 style and if folks would be interested in something like that.
Ford is profit motivated, and will have all sorts of great ideas from the past for the new Bronco. I expect many "Special Editions."

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the current Bronco takes so many styling cues from the original gen-1 that I'm not sure what could be different.
Ford Bronco 66-77 bodykit for new Bronco? 1966 Bronco
Ford Bronco 66-77 bodykit for new Bronco? 2021 Bronco Badlands Area51 View 4

There's already that recessed horizontal line running just below the door sill height. The front fenders taper forward at the hood. Maybe that horizontal kick-out on the lower rear quarter panel? Ford couldn't do a flush fender like the '66 without the flares because the wheels are too wide. I'm not sure the after-market would do it, either, as they technically wouldn't be legal, so the buyer market would be limited to people willing to skirt the law (in some states you may be OK, but others will get you pulled over).

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you really want to go retro:

• Get a retro color or re-paint/wrap in a retro color
  • Add a horizontal pinstripe where the sheet metal is recessed
  • Swap out the grille for the slotted version if your model doesn't have it
  • Maybe there will be a flush flare kit that is essentially flat and replaces the stock flares. Bonus if it's paintable.
  • Get a flat/flush front bumper for a cleaner look
  • Find some wheels styled like those hubcaps, or that could take hubcaps like those

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m worried that considering how vehicles have grown over time to meet safety requirements, a body kit on a 6g Bronco to make it look like an original will just end up doing this:

Ford Bronco 66-77 bodykit for new Bronco? latest?cb=20200225011002
I agree, if you want a classic buy one & all that goes with it. Otherwise your just trying too hard to be a wannabe. The G6 Broncos have so much more over the originals & yes & had a 76 EB.
YMMV

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

• Maybe there will be a flush flare kit that is essentially flat and replaces the stock flares. Bonus if it's paintable.
  • Find some wheels styled like those hubcaps, or that could take hubcaps like those
Man I like every single one of those recommendations

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or just get a 66-77 Bronco???

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i never realized there was an element of folks who were so against retro-inspired designs? kinda strange to me. i don't want an actual 1G Bronco for a daily driver, and yet i would like a retro inspired modern Bronco - to some that seems like outright blasphemy

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A Heritage Edition is all but confirmed for next year going off of all the leaks. Personally I think Ford was trying to do that for 2021, but ran into too many supply issues to seriously consider it.

White MIC top is confirmed to be coming. White handles etc were shown off on at least one pre-production model. There has been mentions of a heritage edition in some documentation leaks on the forum I think, and then there is this thread with shots of a camo'd bronco which appears to have throwback hubcabs and grille

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...c-4-slot-wheel-design-and-white-grille.12224/

Obviously Ford could choose not to deliver on this, but it looks like they plan make a throwback bronco.

So my expectations for heritage edition are:
White MIC Top
White grille with red lettering(might say FORD instead of BRONCO)
White or white and chrome wheels
Some interior upgrades
limited edition

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i never realized there was an element of folks who were so against retro-inspired designs? kinda strange to me. i don't want an actual 1G Bronco for a daily driver, and yet i would like a retro inspired modern Bronco - to some that seems like outright blasphemy
You mean that you want a retro-inspired modern Bronco... have you taken a look around? Maybe try Ford.com and see if they just happen to be making one this year?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is absolutely possible since everything is bolt on. The tricky part would not be the body lines, but the proportions. You couldn't make it exact, but you could probably get close. Be cool to see a replica tailgate, albeit vertically hinged.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Soon the aftermarket will have stuff so everyone can make their bronco unique.
Sponsored