Sponsored

6800 miles on my Bronco (Big Bend 2.3 10 spd auto). 4600 in the last week. My impressions

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You might want to try using an adjustable F150 head rest in the Bronco. I am willing to bet that it is a direct fit swap.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Capt steve

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here’s the pics of the rack and cooler setup. I used a lockable pin for obvious reasons and added an anti rattle clamp as well. It uses a 3/4 wrench to attach. By pulling the pin and loosening the clamp you can take the rack and cooler off together. Probably a 5 minute job. The receiver is a draw tite and was a whole lot cheaper than the ford version. View attachment 223075
Ford Bronco 6800 miles on my Bronco (Big Bend 2.3 10 spd auto). 4600 in the last week. My impressions 8A77F8A1-26AE-4E92-9301-F75535832492

Ford Bronco 6800 miles on my Bronco (Big Bend 2.3 10 spd auto). 4600 in the last week. My impressions FE744601-2918-4679-BD02-C2FF53E1055F

Ford Bronco 6800 miles on my Bronco (Big Bend 2.3 10 spd auto). 4600 in the last week. My impressions 16D0A06C-A746-4302-B673-D74B8B5A34C6

5813B812-4CCD-43BA-9377-C76B33B25FF5.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received my big bend 2.3 10 spd auto with a soft top about 6 weeks ago. I put 1600 miles on it mostly highway then changed the oil and filter because i had a pretty tough road trip planned. Last week I drove it from near atlantic City NJ to Gettysburg SD to do some pheasant hunting, a distance of about 1700 miles each way. I was on interstates through NJ,PA,OH,IN,IL,WS,MN,AND IA. My speed on these roads was around 74 mph and on the trip back we made it in 26 hrs only stopping to let the dogs out and use the facilities ourselves. Here is a brief review of my impressions.

1. comfort And performance =We had the Bronco packed tight with 2 adults and all the gear and 2 Brittanies. In the receiver hitch I had a cargo carrier with a 150 qt cooler with fish going out and game coming home. We were on mostly interstates with 2 lanes and were always running with the “Big boys” meaning semis with anywhere from 1 to three trailers moving at 70-75mph. The bronco had no problem keeping up with and passing the big rigs. It was stable and was not affected by the trucks any more than my f150 was. The 2.3 had plenty of go with regular gas and the trip of 4600 miles averaged 20.1 mpg. We averaged about 420 miles between fill ups. It was very comfortable to drive for long distances. Truthfully I believe that the ride was as good or better than my 2017 f150 that I had 78k miles on. The steering was very responsive and after I got used to how quickly it reacted to steering wheel movement, it was a joy to drive light pressure on the wheel kept us rock steady even riding alongside an 18 wheeler. As far as noise goes in the cabin at speed, it was not loud or a problem in any way. My copilot said that he couldn’t believe how little noise there was even with the soft top. While in SD, I ran the 4 wheel high while driving through corn fields and cover to get to where the birds were and it never missed a beat. I did notice that rpm’s were higher in 4wd. Overall I was really impressed with the truck and I am really glad I have it. It’s fun to drive!

Ford Bronco 6800 miles on my Bronco (Big Bend 2.3 10 spd auto). 4600 in the last week. My impressions 5813B812-4CCD-43BA-9377-C76B33B25FF5

Improvements I would like to see. - the front seat head rests are a bit of a problem. They are fixed as to forward and back movement and you have to play with the seat to make them work. If they made them the same as my f150 had, that had several positions available, that would be great.

The rear seat backs are straight up and down and for some folks who like to recline slightly, it is not comfortable for extended trips. We had to go 80 miles with 3 guys in the truck a couple of times and it was a problem. My dogs rode there for the trip and never complained but the 6’ tall guy did.

the synch lady would come on without me touching any controls and say “how can I help you? Please say a command”. Kind of a pain in the butt and perhaps there’s an update for the software that would solve the problem.

It would be nice to change the screen display on the left side. An analog speedometer and a digital are simply redundant.

ive noticed a slight rattle on what appears to be the passenger side rear door when I hit a rough spot while driving. I’m pretty sure I can figure out what the problem is but it shouldn’t be happening.

when I got back I took the truck in for an oil change and tire rotation and while I was waiting talked to several service reps. One guy told me that since I had been running 150’s for 20 years he figured that I would not be happy in the bronco.. Boy was he wrong!
I have the leather seats ,the headrests have I think 5 positions and up and down also , my front passenger door has a bad rattle , think it’s the window components. But I havnt played with it yet

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Odd because I was watching a YouTube video today where they have a big bend and actually mentioned it. I took note of it because I made this comment. Have to have someone figure this out. There’s a reason there’s a picture of two or three seat positions on the latch.
All trims should have it the upright 19 degree position is to give you room to store the doors in the back. The 23 degree position is the normal position for passengers with doors on. From what I've read the factory ships them in the upright position.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I received my big bend 2.3 10 spd auto with a soft top about 6 weeks ago. I put 1600 miles on it mostly highway then changed the oil and filter because i had a pretty tough road trip planned. Last week I drove it from near atlantic City NJ to Gettysburg SD to do some pheasant hunting, a distance of about 1700 miles each way. I was on interstates through NJ,PA,OH,IN,IL,WS,MN,AND IA. My speed on these roads was around 74 mph and on the trip back we made it in 26 hrs only stopping to let the dogs out and use the facilities ourselves. Here is a brief review of my impressions.

1. comfort And performance =We had the Bronco packed tight with 2 adults and all the gear and 2 Brittanies. In the receiver hitch I had a cargo carrier with a 150 qt cooler with fish going out and game coming home. We were on mostly interstates with 2 lanes and were always running with the “Big boys” meaning semis with anywhere from 1 to three trailers moving at 70-75mph. The bronco had no problem keeping up with and passing the big rigs. It was stable and was not affected by the trucks any more than my f150 was. The 2.3 had plenty of go with regular gas and the trip of 4600 miles averaged 20.1 mpg. We averaged about 420 miles between fill ups. It was very comfortable to drive for long distances. Truthfully I believe that the ride was as good or better than my 2017 f150 that I had 78k miles on. The steering was very responsive and after I got used to how quickly it reacted to steering wheel movement, it was a joy to drive light pressure on the wheel kept us rock steady even riding alongside an 18 wheeler. As far as noise goes in the cabin at speed, it was not loud or a problem in any way. My copilot said that he couldn’t believe how little noise there was even with the soft top. While in SD, I ran the 4 wheel high while driving through corn fields and cover to get to where the birds were and it never missed a beat. I did notice that rpm’s were higher in 4wd. Overall I was really impressed with the truck and I am really glad I have it. It’s fun to drive!

Ford Bronco 6800 miles on my Bronco (Big Bend 2.3 10 spd auto). 4600 in the last week. My impressions 5813B812-4CCD-43BA-9377-C76B33B25FF5

Improvements I would like to see. - the front seat head rests are a bit of a problem. They are fixed as to forward and back movement and you have to play with the seat to make them work. If they made them the same as my f150 had, that had several positions available, that would be great.

The rear seat backs are straight up and down and for some folks who like to recline slightly, it is not comfortable for extended trips. We had to go 80 miles with 3 guys in the truck a couple of times and it was a problem. My dogs rode there for the trip and never complained but the 6’ tall guy did.

the synch lady would come on without me touching any controls and say “how can I help you? Please say a command”. Kind of a pain in the butt and perhaps there’s an update for the software that would solve the problem.

It would be nice to change the screen display on the left side. An analog speedometer and a digital are simply redundant.

ive noticed a slight rattle on what appears to be the passenger side rear door when I hit a rough spot while driving. I’m pretty sure I can figure out what the problem is but it shouldn’t be happening.

when I got back I took the truck in for an oil change and tire rotation and while I was waiting talked to several service reps. One guy told me that since I had been running 150’s for 20 years he figured that I would not be happy in the bronco.. Boy was he wrong!
Now only if we can get a 2.7 to reach that many miles without blowing an engine

Sponsored

GlowingMoose

First Edition
First Name
Glendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverolet Traverse
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice to hear. I’m a truck guy at my core and switching from my Ram2500 to this Bronco isn‘t something I’m taking lightly. My 10 year old boy tells me I shouldn’t buy the Bronco because he thinks the truck has more room. He’s right. But I drove that Bronco at the off roadeo, he wasn’t allowed to come because of his age. It was amazing in the rocks. I don’t know that I can resist making the transition. Just hope I don’t have too much of a need for that HD truck when I do.
Just FYI you can take kids to the Off-Roadeo they just can't drive. I took my 16 year old and there were several kids from 10-18 there in my group.

Last edited:

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just FYI you can take kiss to the Off-Roadeo they kiss can't drive. I took my 16 year old and there were several kids from 10-18 there in my group.
Don't know about that one. I would've brought him for sure if it wasn't noted that anyone under 18 is not allowed. It'd be a heck of waste to drive 5 hours one way to learn that I can't drive because I drove out there with my boy and he couldn't ride.

GlowingMoose

First Edition
First Name
Glendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverolet Traverse
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Don't know about that one. I would've brought him for sure if it wasn't noted that anyone under 18 is not allowed. It'd be a heck of waste to drive 5 hours one way to learn that I can't drive because I drove out there with my boy and he couldn't ride.
Just checked the site for clarification. 18 to drive and 12 to attend. Screenshot attached. I was off by 2 years on my guess but so.e of the kids looked pretty young...

Screenshot_20211215-020212_Chrome.jpg

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just checked the site for clarification. 18 to drive and 12 to attend. Screenshot attached. I was off by 2 years on my guess but so.e of the kids looked pretty young...

Screenshot_20211215-020212_Chrome.jpg
And how does that help me? My boys aren't 12 or older. Of course you wouldn't know that but my point still stands. On top of that I went to the local roadshow "Drive Bronco" which they just had here in California and again the age restriction came up. And that drive, all 15 minutes of it, was on a fire road. If you're familiar with those they are basically a dirt road that is cleared enough to drive a fire truck through.

Last edited:

GlowingMoose

First Edition
First Name
Glendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverolet Traverse
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And how does that help me? My boys aren't 12 or older. Of course you wouldn't know that but my point still stands. On top of that I went to the local roadshow "Drive Bronco" which they just had here in California and again the age restriction came up. And that drive, all 15 minutes of it, was on a fire road. If you're familiar with those they are basically a dirt road that is cleared enough to drive a fire truck through.
It doesn't, sorry... The info was mostly so others know that kids can go as long as they're over 12. I just didn't want people to think they couldn't take kids at all.

Carry on...
Sponsored