Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will preface this rant with letting you know that I am bored and have nothing better to do. I don't know about anyone else, but I absolutely cannot stand scrolling through Facebook groups dedicated to the new Bronco. Facebook makes me feel so blessed that we have this forum. I cannot count the number of stupid questions about the Bronco, that have been answered for months now via this forum and the rest of the internet, coming up on Facebook. Granted we get the stragglers every once in a while but dang, the Bronco Facebook groups make me want to ram my head through a brick wall. Ladies and gentlemen, we are the educated 1% in the Bronco buying community. For your own sanity, please stay off the Facebook Bronco groups.....

AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!
Ford Bronco 6G Bronco Facebook Groups tenor
Sponsored

Last edited:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a member of a couple. IT is a source of stress more so than a relief or adding any value/info.
However, it is also a source of valuable entertainment. The only problem I have is the anger that wells up inside me at not only the stupider questions, but the absolute horrid advice that honest questions get.
And there are a select few on there who know WTF is going on and try and steer it in the right direction.
I try my best to just avoid commenting.
I don't have the patience any more for some keyboard MMA fighter/Spec Ops Sniper to engage me in a battle of wits.

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am a member of a couple. IT is a source of stress more so than a relief or adding any value/info.
However, it is also a source of valuable entertainment. The only problem I have is the anger that wells up inside me at not only the stupider questions, but the absolute horrid advice that honest questions get.
And there are a select few on there who know WTF is going on and try and steer it in the right direction.
I try my best to just avoid commenting.
I don't have the patience any more for some keyboard MMA fighter/Spec Ops Sniper to engage me in a battle of wits.
Me too brother. I just shake my head and keep scrolling. I've tried to correct several pieces of misinformation and ended up giving up on the mission. Abort, Abort!

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Facebook exists so people don't have to actually go to the internet for anything. It's killed forums. Also, it shows you that your aunts, uncles, and in-laws are actually morons...And you're no longer under any obligation to take advice from any of them. Because they believe that an international pedo ring is grinding up babies and putting them in McDonald's hamburgers.

HOWEVER. All is not lost.

The mental horsepower bar required to join Facebook is exceedingly low. It's marginally higher to join a Facebook Group. It takes seconds to do, and doesn't require any extra legwork or imagination.

The bar for joining a forum is an order of magnitude more difficult. I mean, it's still somewhere between potato and cheeze whiz...But hey...Facebook's bar is lower than whale shit.

So while FB is useful for some things, and for idiots...Forums are for people with a touch more give-a-shit, a touch more savvy.

What I'm sayin' is...We're a better class of internet denizen. Facebook may have taken most forum memberships down about 80% (just a guess), most of the people still using forums are the people you'd rather have here.

I'm still in the FB groups tho.

/potato

Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I deleted my FB page last month and this blog is much more interesting (no drama).

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, I backed out of those groups pretty quick.. like read the first post and said fuck it quick..

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is how I feel about Facebook in general. I backed out years ago.
Ford Bronco 6G Bronco Facebook Groups WB