Gastan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
Appreciate the comparisons. I love the 6th gen is clearly still identifiable as a 4runner (especially that side view). Toyota's done a great job carrying on the design lineage throughout the generations.

Jucame63

First Name
Juan Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4runner Trd Off Road V6
Appreciate the comparisons. I love the 6th gen is clearly still identifiable as a 4runner (especially that side view). Toyota's done a great job carrying on the design lineage throughout the generations.
Except for making it look like a Tacoma on the front.
That is a very bad move.
All to save money but interestingly the prices have gone up substancially as we can see with Tacoma pricing. Specially compared to other makers.
We should expect the same type of prices or even a bit more for the 6th gen 4runner.

I wonder what the engine and pricing would be for the new Nissan XTerra coming out soon. It could have an upgraded Frontier V6 engine and lower pricing compare to the 4runner and that could mean toyota could loose buyers. Especially those that more conscious about how much they are willing to pay for a vehicle.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Funny thing about styling. How different looks inspire likes or dislikes.
I actually love the new 6th gen front. But I also love the Tacomo styling, just don't need another truck in the family.
I also dislike the 5th gen look, one of the reasons why I never bought one.

Regarding pricing, we don't have any official words yet, just theories. :)

JenningsESQ

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD OR Premium
Except for making it look like a Tacoma on the front.
That is a very bad move.
All to save money but interestingly the prices have gone up substancially as we can see with Tacoma pricing. Specially compared to other makers.
We should expect the same type of prices or even a bit more for the 6th gen 4runner.

I wonder what the engine and pricing would be for the new Nissan XTerra coming out soon. It could have an upgraded Frontier V6 engine and lower pricing compare to the 4runner and that could mean toyota could loose buyers. Especially those that more conscious about how much they are willing to pay for a vehicle.
A new 3rd gen Nissan Xterra is just a rumor still no? Or has it been confirmed now?

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
A new 3rd gen Nissan Xterra is just a rumor still no? Or has it been confirmed now?
I'd love to know.... I wanted an Xterra since I first laid eyes on them. I've only started wanting a 4Runner since 2017. If they drop a Xterra in the next 1-3 years, I might have a dilemma.

Jucame63

First Name
Juan Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4runner Trd Off Road V6
I have not seen anything myself but I saw a reference on TFL.
I am sure Nissan will bring it back maybe next year after the 4runner is out.
I guess we will have to wait and see.

WillRunner05

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma
Love those heritage pictures!! Had a couple 4Runners in the family and I think it's about time to get another one!