Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

he mentioned one aspect that a lot of peeps did not think about .. door alignment .. how did Ford design a door that can be removed multiple times and put back and still have it aligned?

Is this an issue with jeep doors?
It works because both sides of the hinge remain bolted to their respective parts. By removing the pin/bolt you are splitting the hinge in two. This maintains alignment.
The hinge goes back together with enough precision that there isn’t any fitment issues taking them off and putting them back on.
Sponsored

EO74

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Cannyon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford already had the template for the new bronco; IH Scout, and where is our bronco in green?

1970-International-Harvester-Scout-800-2.jpg

photo from interweb, as I saw the new bronco, reminded me of an evolved Scout.

2021-Ford-Bronco-2-door-in-Rapid-Red-001.jpg
I think this is why Ford bought the rights to the IH Scout (1)its not a true bronco redesign and they were covering there bases or (2)someone said hey that looks just like a 70s International Scout and they were like oh $#!+ your right!!! (3) they drew from both for the redesign...either way a friggin love it this wait is killing me

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wait a minute, He is looking at a 3/4 view of the side/rear of a Bronco Sport and doesn’t realize he has switched to a completely different vehicle? How is that possible for a normal person, let alone a designer? Color me unimpressed, regardless of his previous work.
" 8.9 "No wonder he never gives out a 10 score, he keeps reviewing two differnt vehicles and dosn't realize it. He just lost a bit of his street credit with that review. I'll bet he doesn't get the rear ends mixed up on the Ferraris he designs. (This might be a Ford vs Ferrari dig). Needed to add the comment below when he was finished.
Ford Bronco 6th Gen Bronco design praised by renowned car designer Frank Stephenson BBB

Last edited:

jeepuntilnow

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW X5 4.8i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was really interesting. Thanks for sharing. It’s too bad that when it came to the rear he got mixed up and reviewed the Sports rear end.
I think he was looking at a different image than was shown onscreen. He was looking at the real bronco but the editors messed it up and put a picture of a bronco sport instead. He's probably looking at the ford site on the iPad but it was the editors who put the pictures onscreen