6th Gen Bronco to Succeed where the Hummer h3 Failed.

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Broncos - 76, 93, 95
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Talking about sales numbers, I've actually added production #s from all generations and year models to the historical timeline https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-bronco-historical-timeline.67/ (just keep scrolling down past the timeline and past the pics posts)

5th Gen (the closest we can get to Hummer year #s timeframe) - (5th Gen.) 1992 - 25,516 (lowest 5th Gen), 1993 - 32,281, 1994 - 33,083, 1995 - 37,693 (highest 5th Gen), 1996 - 34,130

@Tdubz posted the best/high year Hummer production #s, "the h2 only sold 34k and the H3 only sold 54k" Interesting that H2 production at it's high was right on point w/ 5th Gen year sales (obviously there's a time-gap but remember gas was less than a $1 per gallon in the mid-90s, of course not adjusting for inflation, etc).

Advertisement

Last edited:

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Broncos - 76, 93, 95
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The H2 very quickly became a status symbol when it was released. It was driven by big and tall rich men, like NBA players.
Awww thanks man :love: I'm only 6'2" though and wish i was as rich as a NBA player 😄 (just joking around, I see your point. & w/ my wife, I GUARANTEE it was a status symbol deal *eyeroll* )

How's this float your boat in this thread? An H2 towing an EB home?!?! BOOM! Not a coincidence that I'm at a gas station either LOL

I know this thread started as an H3 convo, but this is all I have to contribute 🤪

20141011_154521_resized.jpg

Last edited:

NCOBX

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Lot of people with zero knowledge or experience that seem to have a lot of hate for what they don’t know.

Both the H2&H3 were perfectly capable off-road vehicles that all went through AM Generals Humvee training grounds before final approval.
Gas mileage of the H2 was no worse than any other 3/4 ton based vehicle(and a better than a 90s Bronco), gas mileage for the H3 was just the same as any other full time 4wd midsize. Outside of extreme environmentalists I’m not sure what’s to complain about on fuel economy.

H2s frame was completely new design with 3/4ton running gear and suspension design. Off-roaders have had no trouble beating the truck on 38”, 40” and in some cases 42” tires without issue thanks to the heavier running gear.

H3 is heavily modified from the Colorado frame, though there are quite a few SAS H3s running around taking that to the next level.

IRONICALLY the Bronco and next gen Ranger will be sharing a frame so I wonder how many people will start calling the Bronco JUST a Ranger?

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
My H3 Alpha to my new Bronco, “Hold my V8.”

Advertisement

Advertisement