Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This opens up a TON of design space for vendors. Ranging from titanium to carbon fiber, they could be making mole-mounted or headrest mounted rear seat cupholders and charge $2,299 for them and you would save a bunch of cash over having to get leather.

Have to say, I would have never come to the decision that $2,300 was a valid price for cupholders, yet here we are in 2021 and it's happening!

Sweet! Another opportunity to mention inflation because time exists!

Unlikely you would click a link with the ol' tired-and-untrue "$50K" or "$60K" as the foundation for the argument, but here you go.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rformance-size-price.11209/page-5#post-411513

And yes, Bronco MSRP today is just about the same today as it was in 1978, Soooo, assuming our personal feelings (of victimization) don't cloud the argument then if I may re-interpret what you're actually saying is:

"OMFG, Bronco has an amazing amount of content for the price!!!!"

(y)

This is the most America-centric post of the entire week! Individualism at extreme levels is awesome! Just don't forget that using the system you advise above, you have to take all 320,000,000 Americans individual viewpoints as solid fact and basis for sound argument.

Wow, that system of extreme individuality breaks down pretty quickly when it applies to everyone.

Obviously a different engine, but in our '19 Ranger (2.3/AT), we had zero change between break-in mileage and now that we're in the low teens. Others on Ranger5g reported the same at higher mileage than we have. Interesting characteristic of the engine not to see those expected changes.

Having finally had some seat time in a Wildrak last weekend, it was interesting to feel the difference compared to the Badlands with 33" tires as well. You're spot on with your assessment.

Note: I wasn't going squatch anyway, but it was interesting to experience the difference. Quite a change coming from a car wearing Pilot Super Sport 4s that I drove to the dealership on.

Very much this! Thanks for adding this fact to the thread.

Once the 4 and 4+ bar MAP sensors were widely available and the engine can re-tune for elevation and air density then small displacement turbocharged cars are really the cats meow.
You continuously show your disdain for America, itā€™s cute.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your concept of what America is, compared to what it actually is, is hilarious.
Poor boy, I havenā€™t written anything about what I think America is. Maybe a course in reading comprehension would do you some good.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have had our Bronco for about 2.5 months and have put 7,000 miles on it. It has been phenominal, on and off the road! We took it on the Hog's Back Jeep trail yesterday. This was the most extreme trail that we have taken the Bronco on so far. Not crazy extreme but it keeps you on your toes for sure. It's tight between the trees and would have probably gotten some pen-striping had we not installed PPF.

Some things to note. Major pros and cons remain about the same as they did from the beginning.

Pros
  • Power and torque of the 2.7 is great!
  • On-road handling.
  • Off-road ability.
  • Large screen and technology.
  • Fuel economy has been surprising. At 7,000 miles, we are getting 20.6 mpg. This includes a little bit of towing and quite a bit of off-roading. Of course 20.6 mpg isn't great but it is better than we were expecting.
Cons
  • We camp/sleep in the back and the 3" step is very frustrating.
  • No heating/AC vents in the back.
  • No cup holders in the back.
  • Wind noise from the MIC top over 65 MPH. Hopefully MIC 2.0 will help.
Overall, we are loving it! As you can see, the cons are little things. There is nothing major that we don't like about our Bronco.

There have been no glitches or unexpected problems. One thing we did experience was a completely black screen one time after we started it. My wife Googled the problem and found out that it just needed to be re-booted by holding down the radio power and the fast-forward scan buttons for about 5 seconds. Worked great!

Hopefully you all will be getting yours soon and begin your Bronco adventures

Ford Bronco 7,000 Miles and Loving Our Bronco 1633379135647

Great report! Iā€™m 2,500 miles in on same relevant build and only 16.5 avg. hoping that gets closer to yours.

Sponsored

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great report! Iā€™m 2,500 miles in on same relevant build and only 16.5 avg. hoping that gets closer to yours.
If youā€™re at or close to sea level, youā€™ll probably never achieve OPā€™s great mpg. The air he moves his bronco through is 12-15% thinner (Utah elevations) than at sea level. Given this car has aerodynamics of a brick, pushing air around is is a major % of its fuel consumption.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If youā€™re at or close to sea level, youā€™ll probably never achieve OPā€™s great mpg. The air he moves his bronco through is 12-15% thinner (Utah elevations) than at sea level. Given this car has aerodynamics of a brick, pushing air around is is a major % of its fuel consumption.
Yeah, Iā€™m at 3ā€™ in OCNJ/Philly. šŸ™ that makes me feel a little better

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(1) ...and you would save a bunch of cash over having to get leather.

(2) ...Having finally had some seat time in a Wildrak last weekend, it was interesting to feel the difference compared to the Badlands with 33" tires as well. You're spot on with your assessment.

Note: I wasn't going squatch anyway, but it was interesting to experience the difference. Quite a change coming from a car wearing Pilot Super Sport 4s that I drove to the dealership on.

(1) Regarding leather, how much is really leather anyway? I figure the part from the back of your knees up to the headrest (and maybe the headrest) are the only leather parts anyway. The balance is most likely some sort of "leatherette".

My Volkswagen is 11 years old with 100% leatherette seats, still looks great, and probably better than leather that ends up getting stretched from sweat from you know where and weight.

Exactly why I believe the MGV is such a great choice. Yeah, it's hot, but aren't all seats in the sun?

(2) Yeah, I wasn't going Squatch either, especially wanting the MT. I've got the BL with 33's, MT and MIC (too many NE winter storms & ice). I believe it's the right configuration for me between work/trails on the East Coast.

Bottom line Rick, it's "Never gonna let you down"! ;)

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did the mileage improve after the break-in period? I have yet to crack 17. I wouldn't think sasquatch would knock off 4mpg.
So I noticed non highway is a little off. If you do a lot of around town driving, on the stock 30s I was getting 18.6 with the 33s I have on there now who knows since the odometer isn't right anymore haha but im sure it is worse

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good question! šŸ˜ We ordered the headliner but it did not come with it. Our dealer was getting that worked out when MIC 2.0 was announced. So we are just waiting for our new top hoping that it will improve the wind noise.
With the head liner the wind noise is almost a non factor. Though the headliner material is trash and might be better with 2.0 I did hear because of the top inconsistencies some tops have more sound than others

Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When we looked at pricing for full PPF, it was between $6,500 and $8,000. That price was just too high to justify. But we want to use our Bronco off-road without worrying about pen-striping from all the trees and brush. So we got the Xpel pre-cut kit. Cost us about $2,500 for all the pieces. We have installed all of them expect for the hood. We will probably finish that up some time this week.

I have mixed thoughts on whether or not it was worth it. It's not a quick and easy process. But it was that or nothing so we chose to try it ourselves.
There is a reason why PPF is so expensive. The labor is intensive. I wish it was cheaper too, because I want it. I hate pinstripes.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for not just driving on pavement! Got to admit, early adopter pavement-only drivers kind of tick me off, they could be driving anything to the grocery store, lol. Seeing your post with off-road photos makes me happy!
Hey man, itā€™s not just the grocery store. Iā€™ll have to go to school, volleyball practice, work in Houston, etcā€¦ Thatā€™s some pretty extreme stuff. Also, I know of at least one gravel road I wonā€™t be able to avoid.šŸ˜¬

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey man, itā€™s not just the grocery store. Iā€™ll have to go to school, volleyball practice, work in Houston, etcā€¦ Thatā€™s some pretty extreme stuff. Also, I know of at least one gravel road I wonā€™t be able to avoid.šŸ˜¬
Be sure to engage the diff locks and sway bar disconnect for that gravel road. :)

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I noticed non highway is a little off. If you do a lot of around town driving, on the stock 30s I was getting 18.6 with the 33s I have on there now who knows since the odometer isn't right anymore haha but im sure it is worse
I reset my trip meter and fuel economy last night for the first time since I bought it. Got about 23mpg on a highway trip and it settled down to 18.6 after some city driving on the way to work. Maybe it had a ton of idle time with little to no mileage on it? Iā€™m going to start tracking via Fuelly from now on as well.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is a reason why PPF is so expensive. The labor is intensive. I wish it was cheaper too, because I want it. I hate pinstripes.
Has anyone done a ceramic coat on it, way cheaper though I'm sure does protect as well.
Sponsored