First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone done a ceramic coat on it, way cheaper though I'm sure does protect as well.
Ceramic coating is easy applying depending on brand, some are harder to spread due to thickness but they are mostly for the hydrophobic properties and very minor scratch protection. Ceramic coatings provide easy wash-up getting that new car appearance with little effort. PPF provides 6-10 mil of protection and can take rock hits and tree/brush scapes 100x better. Doing PPF first and then applying ceramic coating on the PPF provides for the best of both worlds.
Sponsored

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ceramic coating is easy applying depending on brand, some are harder to spread due to thickness but they are mostly for the hydrophobic properties and very minor scratch protection. Ceramic coatings provide easy wash-up getting that new car appearance with little effort. PPF provides 6-10 mil of protection and can take rock hits and tree/brush scapes 100x better. Doing PPF first and then applying ceramic coating on the PPF provides for the best of both worlds.
So I know there is a ceramic wax. So I know near me there is a company called tintix, I had gotten my windows tinted there and they are really good, they also do ceramic coating for 899 and the ppf was the same starting. If anyone is around the bay area they might want to check then out

Last edited:

DWood

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With the head liner the wind noise is almost a non factor. Though the headliner material is trash and might be better with 2.0 I did hear because of the top inconsistencies some tops have more sound than others
hoping this is the issue with mine. My BD 4dr showed up without the headliner also. The noise sounds like either a window is slightly down or a door isnā€™t closed all the way.Mildly aggravating at first but Iā€™m pretty use to it radio easily drowns it out.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
hoping this is the issue with mine. My BD 4dr showed up without the headliner also. The noise sounds like either a window is slightly down or a door isnā€™t closed all the way.Mildly aggravating at first but Iā€™m pretty use to it radio easily drowns it out.
So what I noticed it mine was I had that clicking noise with the driver side latch being a little loose. When I tightened that up no more clicking noise and a lot less road noise. Though on mine there hasn't been a whole lot to begin with, even with the new tires I put on

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I know there is a ceramic wax. But there is a company that is near me that does a ceramic vinyl wrap. Not sure how different it is from ppf
I am betting that it just means that the vinyl has hydrophobic properties because it has ceramic coating already applied. There are some PPF brands that do the same thing. PPF is king for an invisible protection application. After that, you're looking at the "Rhino bed liner" products which are too radical for me on a new vehicle.

Sponsored

DWood

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So what I noticed it mine was I had that clicking noise with the driver side latch being a little loose. When I tightened that up no more clicking noise and a lot less road noise. Though on mine there hasn't been a whole lot to begin with, even with the new tires I put on
I had a seriously loose 1/4 turn that was insanely loud. The random pops and clicks have also subsided now at 5400 miles. That wind noise is still there though lol

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am betting that it just means that the vinyl has hydrophobic properties because it has ceramic coating already applied. There are some PPF brands that do the same thing. PPF is king for an invisible protection application. After that, you're looking at the "Rhino bed liner" products which are too radical for me on a new vehicle.
Yeah I had been mistaken so I edited my response. I think a rhino liner on the floor inside would be nice though I agree it's too much. I have a buddy who did his tundra and though it looked good on his, the bronco has better lines that shouldn't be hidden if that makes sense. I did notice when putting on the stepsides that the drain plug is on my base so doing a rhino inside and taking out the carpet would allow me to use those that weren't an option on this trim level

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a seriously loose 1/4 turn that was insanely loud. The random pops and clicks have also subsided now at 5400 miles. That wind noise is still there though lol
Have you heard from the dealer about when your replacement is showing up? I had gotten something from ford saying a few weeks a while ago haha

DWood

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have you heard from the dealer about when your replacement is showing up? I had gotten something from ford saying a few weeks a while ago haha
same, got the letter and email a while ago and havenā€™t heard anything since. Also waiting on a swing gate strut. Mine broke about a month ago as Iā€™m sure plenty of other will due to the construction.

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ā€˜23 Porsche 992T; ā€˜20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone done a ceramic coat on it, way cheaper though I'm sure does protect as well.
Try Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray as a easy, low cost intro to ceramic coatings. Highly recommended. Find it at any Walmart.

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When we looked at pricing for full PPF, it was between $6,500 and $8,000. That price was just too high to justify. But we want to use our Bronco off-road without worrying about pen-striping from all the trees and brush. So we got the Xpel pre-cut kit. Cost us about $2,500 for all the pieces. We have installed all of them expect for the hood. We will probably finish that up some time this week.

I have mixed thoughts on whether or not it was worth it. It's not a quick and easy process. But it was that or nothing so we chose to try it ourselves.
Iā€™m curious about your self-install experience. Iā€™m sure the precut kit makes a big difference in the labor!

OP
OP
sledboy

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m curious about your self-install experience. Iā€™m sure the precut kit makes a big difference in the labor!
I should probably make a new thread on installing PPF. But to give a quick response, here are some thoughts:
  • Don't buy slip solution. You can easily make your own with baby shampoo.
  • You don't need much tac solution so don't buy a lot (I bought a gallon and have almost all of it left over).
  • The most difficult part is keeping everything clean. Any dirt particles will show up through the PPF.
  • The Xpel pre-cut kits are pretty good. Most of the panels were accurate. We are still working with them to get a replacement for the driver's front fender that was way off.
  • Start with tacking the corners in place. Don't leave edges hanging off as these will be difficult to trim or will start to collect dust and lift off. Except for the leading edge of the hood, pre-cut PPF edges should end just shy of the body edges.
  • Start with the smallest panels to get practice and experience. Then move on to the larger panels.
  • Be patient and use the squeegee to remove all the moisture from under the film. In our experience, small pockets of moisture will disappear in a couple of days.
  • Watch lots of YouTube videos! šŸ˜
  • If you don't have lots of patience and time, let the professionals do it.

Last edited:

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
(1) Regarding leather, how much is really leather anyway? I figure the part from the back of your knees up to the headrest (and maybe the headrest) are the only leather parts anyway. The balance is most likely some sort of "leatherette".

My Volkswagen is 11 years old with 100% leatherette seats, still looks great, and probably better than leather that ends up getting stretched from sweat from you know where and weight.

Exactly why I believe the MGV is such a great choice. Yeah, it's hot, but aren't all seats in the sun?

(2) Yeah, I wasn't going Squatch either, especially wanting the MT. I've got the BL with 33's, MT and MIC (too many NE winter storms & ice). I believe it's the right configuration for me between work/trails on the East Coast.

Bottom line Rick, it's "Never gonna let you down"! ;)
Where you @in pa? I did the same 33/MT/MIC/beadlocks

did you do offrodeo in VT? I drove a 33 badlands and was impressedā€¦ā€¦

Kinda want to get the spacers/beadlock rings/ 35 kleavers/ level kit thoā€¦ā€¦

CrazyDogLady

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model