Sponsored

7/14/20 Bronco Reservation, any advice on how to break the gridlock?

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We reserved a Bronco on the second day, and it's been ordered and converted to a 22 for months. My dealer is not helpful at all.
I reserved a 4 door Wild Trak hard top with the tow package. At this stage, does it make any sense to try to convert it to a soft top? To ask them to resubmit without the tow package?

This is all pretty ridiculous at this point. But hey, at least they sent me a poster, a hammock, and a desk calendar, so I have that going for me, which is nice.
Sponsored

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We reserved a Bronco on the second day, and it's been ordered and converted to a 22 for months. My dealer is not helpful at all.
I reserved a 4 door Wild Trak hard top with the tow package. At this stage, does it make any sense to try to convert it to a soft top? To ask them to resubmit without the tow package?

This is all pretty ridiculous at this point. But hey, at least they sent me a poster, a hammock, and a desk calendar, so I have that going for me, which is nice.
I reserved in June of 2021, I also reserved a Wildtrak. Detail in my signature. I originally picked the Hardtop. I switched to a soft top for my 22 order. Then I decided to remove the PPF, and I got scheduled about 2 weeks later. So those two things did it for me, or at last it seems they did. I don't knw how my dealer allocations played in. I think it must have of as I reserved a year after a lot of people still waiting.

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I reserved in June of 2021, I also reserved a Wildtrak. Detail in my signature. I originally picked the Hardtop. I switched to a soft top for my 22 order. Then I decided to remove the PPF, and I got scheduled about 2 weeks later. So those two things did it for me, or at last it seems they did. I don't knw how my dealer allocations played in. I think it must have of as I reserved a year after a lot of people still waiting.
Interesting. Information like this, and my dealer's complete lack of effort, makes me think it doesn't benefit them very much to sell new Broncos.

Thanks.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Am in the same exact 7/14 boat. Am not willing to depart from the MIC nor TOW but the latter could be installed later.........But given the recent build date info and the current Brtonco build rate am mildly optimistic the 7/14's will be given a VIN and build date soon. Maybe get a Bronco by April?????? :oops:

rayep

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Plat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I to have a reservation date of 7/14 for 4 door Wildtrak MIC top and tow package. Mine was built 12/20/21 and shipped 1/2/22. So you can not be that far off. I got an email in Oct pushing it to MY22 but about a week later my dealer let me know it would be a MY21 and should be here by the end of the year. So far he is not that far off it has shipped but no idea on how long that takes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I to have a reservation date of 7/14 for 4 door Wildtrak MIC top and tow package. Mine was built 12/20/21 and shipped 1/2/22. So you can not be that far off. I got an email in Oct pushing it to MY22 but about a week later my dealer let me know it would be a MY21 and should be here by the end of the year. So far he is not that far off it has shipped but no idea on how long that takes.
Good to know. Thanks!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, your dealership has the only information that may help you guesstimate. It depends on the dealership, since Ford decided not to build in reservation order. At some dealerships you can walk in today and get a Bronco scheduled within days, while at others 2nd day reservations may be waiting until 2023. It sucks, but that is what Ford decided to do.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you know how many allocations your dealership has? Where are you on their list?

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you know how many allocations your dealership has? Where are you on their list?
No, I've lost track of that. This bronco is for my wife. But for reference, I have a Lightning reserved at the same dealership and there are 669 (supposedly over 700 now) reservations. So it is a relatively large dealership and the biggest in Utah. But all along the way they've blamed this on the specific components (hard top mostly) and so it's been hard to figure out where I am in the pecking order.

Last edited:

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just trust that Ford is doing everything they can to get us our broncos as quickly as they can. and This might help
58779331ad9f6.jpg

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to hear. It’s frustrating. I’m guessing you’re with LHM Draper??

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry to hear. It’s frustrating. I’m guessing you’re with LHM Draper??
LHM, but in American Fork

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LHM, but in American Fork
Gotcha. Same crappy dealership franchise. I was originally reserved with them but ended up transferring to Granger after piss poor communication. Had a number of buying experiences with LHM and was naive to think it would be different with Bronco.

That being said, they are considered a mega dealer and may be favored with Ford’s new bs allocation method. They know more than they’ll share. No reason they shouldn’t be able to tell you where you are and what allocation looks like at this point.

Think switching to soft top may get it done for you. I switched and was pulled for build two days later back in October. Plan is to go aftermarket with AFC top when out. Good luck.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The dealers only get so many allocations per month. It isnt in his best interest to help you. If he gets your order he wont get a 4 door soft top to sell at 10 to 25k over msrp.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tow is a major constraint, and an easy add on later. If anything I would ditch tow
Sponsored