First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I am not very happy today. Spoke with my dealer to see where things stand. He told me last week I was 26 out of 70 orders and he was getting about a 30-35% allocation. Has been telling me in past correspondance I was just inside the 2021 Allotment. Well yesterday he informed me that due to the fact that he has 7 FEs I am now on the outside of the 2021 allotment window. He is only getting 16 non FEs and I am 20. SO unless 4 others are bumped for some commodity reason (which I am sure would effect me too), I am NOT get a 2021.

I am honestly so frustrated and annoyed right now. I ordered within 11 hours of the orders opening and will somehow not receive a vehicle. I also sold my truck a couple weeks ago as I got a VERy good offer from Vroom and figured I should bank that money and payments for the next few months figuring I would have my Bronco by end of summer and my company is work from home until at least end of August. Now I dont know what I am going to do. I dont think we can deal with a single vehicle he the next year. Getting through 3-4 months we could make it work. 9+ months not sure we can.

This allotment formula is BS. There are going to be a LOT of people with times well past mine that will be getting their Broncos this summer. I am so ready to say eff this and just look for something else. I was not expecting one in the first batch but honestly thought I would see one mid sept at the latest. I had thought about moving my order to one of the big dealers, but thought my odds would be worse there with so many orders. But looking at the Chapman Ford I would have been like 65 out of a couple hundred orders and looks like well within their window. I stayed with this dealer as he gave me the best price in the state and had been on top of things with regards to my order and some changes. Now due to low allotment I am out of luck.

Sorry had to vent, and figured some of you will probably be feeling the same way in the next couple weeks as everyone finds out where they stand.
Sponsored

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really, Sit back and enjoy. You also wont be getting a first year vehicle that could potentially have problems and zero part availability due to the world wide shortages. MY22 will be so much better!

JPMonahasn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I am not very happy today. Spoke with my dealer to see where things stand. He told me last week I was 26 out of 70 orders and he was getting about a 30-35% allocation. Has been telling me in past correspondance I was just inside the 2021 Allotment. Well yesterday he informed me that due to the fact that he has 7 FEs I am now on the outside of the 2021 allotment window. He is only getting 16 non FEs and I am 20. SO unless 4 others are bumped for some commodity reason (which I am sure would effect me too), I am NOT get a 2021.

I am honestly so frustrated and annoyed right now. I ordered within 11 hours of the orders opening and will somehow not receive a vehicle. I also sold my truck a couple weeks ago as I got a VERy good offer from Vroom and figured I should bank that money and payments for the next few months figuring I would have my Bronco by end of summer and my company is work from home until at least end of August. Now I dont know what I am going to do. I dont think we can deal with a single vehicle he the next year. Getting through 3-4 months we could make it work. 9+ months not sure we can.

This allotment formula is BS. There are going to be a LOT of people with times well past mine that will be getting their Broncos this summer. I am so ready to say eff this and just look for something else. I was not expecting one in the first batch but honestly thought I would see one mid sept at the latest. I had thought about moving my order to one of the big dealers, but thought my odds would be worse there with so many orders. But looking at the Chapman Ford I would have been like 65 out of a couple hundred orders and looks like well within their window. I stayed with this dealer as he gave me the best price in the state and had been on top of things with regards to my order and some changes. Now due to low allotment I am out of luck.

Sorry had to vent, and figured some of you will probably be feeling the same way in the next couple weeks as everyone finds out where they stand.
Many of us will be in the same situation, we just don't know it yet. At least your dealer was keeping you informed. I need mine by October and I am day 2, so I am worried.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Frustration is an understatement...sorry man.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's definitely frustrating. I am super ready for my Bronco, but If I was held off for 22, I would jump on a Tremor. I am already freaking out about lack of towing and losing my bed, so it would be somewhat of a relief, after I was done crying :(

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First editions do not count against allocations.
Well he seemed convinced he was only getting 16 non FEs and 7 FEs. Seems to be a pretty specific number so I assume he was told that by Ford. He has been on the ball with everything so far. Maybe he is wrong, I hope so.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These potentials that happened to you is exactly why I intentionally opted for MY22. I like to feel I have some control, and that was something I could do. Long term I don't believe the extra wait will hurt me in any manner. I'll just have parts stacked up at home ready to be put on when I take delivery early next year. I also was not thrilled with taking a 2021 model near the end of 2021.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

I am also an erly 7/14 reservation, but I switched to a dealer I knew would get me a MY21. How? I spent a couple weeks calling 10-12 dealers in my area and asking them how many reservations they had, where my time stamp fell in their list, what would they charge, etc. I called dealers several times each. Many of these conversations were painful since they couldn't answer basic questions, didn't know, said they'd get back to me and didn't, didn't undersstand timestamps, etc.

Alas, there were a couple dealers that were informed, helpful and reasonably priced. Because my prior dealer converted me without my consent, I spent > 4 weeks getting that mess untangled and was able to switch the best dealer I found. It was a lot of time spent and I shouldn't have had to do it, but now glad I did. I feel your frustration. You may yet get a MY21, your dealer really doesn't know.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well he seemed convinced he was only getting 16 non FEs and 7 FEs. Seems to be a pretty specific number so I assume he was told that by Ford. He has been on the ball with everything so far. Maybe he is wrong, I hope so.
I guess I am amazed that even with 16 Non-FE and your super-early res you aren't a shoe-in for a spot.
I hate it for ya and it is stressful, I'm sure.
If in fact you are delayed until '22 and can't make the single vehicle work (I get that also with kids at home and ALL of the running we do. Wife works from home and there are times we need 3 vehicles it seems) I would look at maybe driving something you can pay cash for and sell for about the same as you paid.
IT might not be the best looking thing, or even something you even want.
But it would be simple transportation to get ya by while waiting.
I can't tell you how many $300-2000 vehicles I've bought, drove for 2-3 years, sold for what I paid if not more.
I love the reliability and feel of new vehicles, but driving for free is a good feeling too. '
If that doesn't work...honestly the other options for the same price point or less aren't terrible.
Raptors are amazing. Expeditions are great vehicles, and for the roof-off experience, if it weren't for the Bronco coming back I would have a new Jeep already.
If it was summer I'd say you could get a cheap motorcycle, save a crapola amount of $ on fuel, enjoy some open air freedom. Sell it for what you paid.
But I don't ride below about 40 degrees (no fairings or windshield) and I'm sure winters where you are make ours feel great.

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's definitely frustrating. I am super ready for my Bronco, but If I was held off for 22, I would jump on a Tremor. I am already freaking out about lack of towing and losing my bed, so it would be somewhat of a relief, after I was done crying :(
I’m also considering one of those new F150 Tremor’s, that is if they would ever release more info about when exactly we’d be able to order one and what they’ll cost. Seems to almost mirror many of the same issues we’ve seen with the Bronco in some respects.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I could find myself doing the same thing if mine slipped to 2022. Dealer says I am 21 for sure, but if not, good chance I would slip to Tremor, for your reasons myself. I hope I am not forced into that decision.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Think about the grainger and similar folks. Hundreds of people who switched dealers are going to be in the same boat. You're not alone brother.
Sponsored