First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
.If I get bumped to 2022, I almost certainly move to a Taco.
I say this as a current 2017 4runner fan and someone who considered the taco. Go drive it before you give up your reservation. There is something about the motor/transmission combo that just didn't sit right with me. I would hate to lose out on Bronco only to have a truck that annoys me.
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You would think Ford would allocate at least enough for ALL dealer to be able to fill orders for at least the first few days orders were open.
So, if you just look at this statement, you'd realize it's impossible for Ford to produce this many vehicles in 6 months. I think the projection was 65,000-70,000 or something close to that for MY21. There were 150,000 reservations in the first couple days.

This is the very reason they can't deliver to everyone with a first couple day reservation. Then throw in commodity issues, allocation and spreading the deliveries out geographically. Sorry you all are dealing with this, but it really is a numbers game. A game in which only around 30-40% are going to win.

Good luck to you.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel your frustration- I am there too. Up until yesterday I was not sure how this would all pan out. Now I know- reservation, time stamp means just about nothing- you are in line amongst the masses. Dealer allocations and priority codes mean everything and they will consume all of the 2021's- into 2022. I'll be a 2022 build, I am pretty sure.

I was ready to sell the Tractor and my 2019 Silverado for the Bronco and have it as my retirement vehicle. I was holding off investing in the Silverado and Tractor but may now go in that direction. Both are slugs so now I may proceed with tune, intake and exhaust on the Silverado and a supercharger for the Tractor (My 97 Wrangler).

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, if you just look at this statement, you'd realize it's impossible for Ford to produce this many vehicles in 6 months. I think the projection was 65,000-70,000 or something close to that for MY21. There were 150,000 reservations in the first couple days.

This is the very reason they can't deliver to everyone with a first couple day reservation. Then throw in commodity issues, allocation and spreading the deliveries out geographically. Sorry you all are dealing with this, but it really is a numbers game. A game in which only around 30-40% are going to win.

Good luck to you.
Fine then maybe still focus on whatever that 50k threshhold is. If there were 150k reservations in the first 24 hours it makes no sense that people 2 weeks or 4 months later are getting June build dates. I guess it would not be as upsetting if only people in that first 24 hour window were getting build notifications. But that is not the case. So they are completely ignoring the date time stamp it appears at this point. It is truly meaningless. Yet we were told that would be a huge part of delivery schedule. That is just is not right At all.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fine then maybe still focus on whatever that 50k threshhold is. If there were 150k reservations in the first 24 hours it makes no sense that people 2 weeks or 4 months later are getting June build dates. I guess it would not be as upsetting if only people in that first 24 hour window were getting build notifications. But that is not the case. So they are completely ignoring the date time stamp it appears at this point. It is truly meaningless. Yet we were told that would be a huge part of delivery schedule. That is just is not right At all.
Oh, I see and understand the frustration. I just don't know what it's going to get you or anyone else in the end. They haven't scheduled out the whole MY21 at this point, it appears it's just the first few weeks of production, so it leaves another 15-20 weeks to schedule. Good luck.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@dingle87 There weren't 150k reservations in the first couple days, it was approximately 150k reservations within two weeks. A month after reservations went live (mid-August), Ford announced 165k reservations. They stated they ultimately had over 190k reservations, 125k orders.

The reservation to order conversion rate (approx 66%) was such that anyone that reserved a vehicle within two days should get a 2021.
Sponsored