Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
LOL. Maybe someone's transfer like this sniped the OPs MY21 Bronco from him.

OP, I'm sorry to hear about your frustration. Your dealer should have been telling you all along that being right on the cusp of estimated allocations meant things could fall either way...

...the thing to remember is that the difference between a MY21 and MY22 isn't months... or a year...
that change over is a brief shutdown, so the production from one model year to the next is basically continuous.

Depending on how allocations will work in MY22, if you were right on the cusp the begin with, it's likely that your delivery window hasn't changed much, if at all... what changed was how many Broncos Ford could produce and deliver to your dealer before MY22 happened.

MY21/MY22 feels like a huge difference since we've been waiting almost a year for the first production to start... but the difference for someone on the cusp is just a couple weeks.

Here. I made a handy chart:

Getting bumped to MY22.PNG
You should expand it back to when concept vehicles were pitched, when the new Bronco was announced, and when reservations were opened. The time there is tiny in the grand scheme of things.
Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm hoping I sneak into MY21 due to ordering at a good volume Ford dealership in an area that doesn't seem to have many off road enthusiasts (southern new england). 7/20 timestamp but the dealer acted enthusiatically optimistic (not that means anything with sales people).

I feel for you OP, I'll most likely be joining you in MY22. I combat my disappointment by thinking about getting a white top

drbandkgb

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
allterrainnation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco - 2024 Mustang GT performance
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well issue number 1 is believing anything a dealer tells you in regards to your position in line. Time stamps mean something but it’s 50/50 that vs Ford spreading the bronco across all dealerships.
if not there would be 4 dealers in the US getting Broncos for three months vs the others

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

true, but its more of the typical game dealers/Ford plays with orders / special orders. Just a case in point that people should understand moving targets.
I feel the same. It is clear that Ford has continued to repeatedly prioritize other interests over reservation timestamps, so I assume that pattern will continue to affect reservation holders for the foreseeable future in ways that we don't even know yet. Some changes are understandable, but others seem arbitrary and mean-spirited. Unfortunately, I think Ford sees reservations as numbers to be manipulated and not as customers to satisfy. I assume that dealers building "bronco showrooms" are not going to allow Ford to prioritize reservations over lucrative walk-in sales, so Ford will cave on that as well.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Time stamps mean something but it’s 50/50 that vs Ford spreading the bronco across all dealerships. if not there would be 4 dealers in the US getting Broncos for three months vs the others
I ran the numbers on two dealers. They both received the same percentage of their non-FE allocation for May/June builds. Hard to draw a conclusion with only 2 data points (they coincidentally might have had the same distribution of extremely early orders), but this might be another critical case where the timestamps are largely ignored. Much like the priority builds, this may dramatically impact the distribution of the constrained commodities and might significantly delay high-option reservations at some dealers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just buy you a beater. My dad died in 2012 and left me his 99 Mercury Grand Marquis. The tax office list it’s value around $600. I’ve drove the piss out of it. It had 100,000 miles on it when dad died. Got 209,000 now. I know your frustrated but I was raised in a 71 Bronco and quite frankly didn’t think Ford would ever bring them back. If you jump ship now your just gonna be sick when your neighbor buys one and it passes your house everyday. Be patient.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get OP's frustration, but expectations were unrealistic.

At end of the MY21 allocation for his dealer and expected a Bronco by the end of the summer? MY21 production is running through the first week of December. That means he was receiving his Bronco between Thanksgiving and Christmas. As Zach Danger illustrated, he's looking at a couple of weeks delay, not a couple of months.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

has Ford said when 22MY begins?

Im waiting for dual tops, so I surrendered my 2nd position reservation with a certain 21MY for a 22. but I figure 22MY might be Q4 2021 anyway, maybe sooner? Ill be ok.
Change over will happen in early December. With the normal delays between build and shipping, we can expect to see the first MY22s produced in mid December and arriving at dealers in January 2022.

Reservation time stamps will still be honored universally, so your place in line remains the same no matter what.

Basically, if you were 1st in line and coded 99, during each MY21 schedule block, Ford would start with you, see that you pass, and then move on to the next unbuilt order. When MY22 blocks start, they'll start with you again, see you have a build priority, and yours will be first up.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anything can happen at this point.......wouldn't be surprised they tell you something else before too long......then in August your B shows up. 🤷‍♂️

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Change over will happen in early December. With the normal delays between build and shipping, we can expect to see the first MY22s produced in mid December and arriving at dealers in January 2022.

Reservation time stamps will still be honored universally, so your place in line remains the same no matter what.

Basically, if you were 1st in line and coded 99, during each MY21 schedule block, Ford would start with you, see that you pass, and then move on to the next unbuilt order. When MY22 blocks start, they'll start with you again, see you have a build priority, and yours will be first up.
What we don't know about how time stamps will be handled is whether the MY21 push group is the start of the '22 line or if they reshuffle the whole thing to reposition the voluntary '22 group. In my mind it would be a reset of the order by time stamp, but that has never been said.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at it this way. If you would have gotten a MY 21 say in November, and then Ford releases options and colors, or different editions not found on the 21, a mere month later, you would be fired up about that. Good things come to those who wait. I was informed by Ford I was a 22 build so I was put out of my misery. I totally agree this entire Bronco ordeal has been one giant SNAFU. How a company can create a reservation list, that was bombarded with reservations well in advance of build schedule, and drop the ball like this is beyond me. A potential one billion dollar earnings based on just the reservation list is being jeopardized. Imagine having a product in such demand, and your company fails to deliver. Im not a fly by night Ford buyer. I have a lifetime of Ford products behind me. There is no e cause for this boondoggle.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP - First of all, I'm in a very similar situation. I sold my cars right before the pandemic, and have been working from home ever since. But, when July comes around, working from home will likely not be an option. I would be ok with floating a short term rental until August.... but December means its back to the drawing board. I'm #71 out of #121 allocation, and made my reservation just past midnight on 7/14 (so day #1 after dark).

But, what happened to all of us finding out officially from ford in May what the production schedule will be? Is that all out the window? How are dealers telling you what the MY is going to be if the schedule has not yet been calculated?

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The waiting game is getting very interesting with some people getting their Bronco in 21 and the rest of us keep waiting for the 22. But look at this way when Ford came out with the 65 Mustang people waited for the 65 1/2 for the new grill and paint jobs. Just think that was a long time ago and here we are still. So let's start calling the Bronco a 21 and a 21 1/2 year and skip the 22 all together. :cool:

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well he seemed convinced he was only getting 16 non FEs and 7 FEs. Seems to be a pretty specific number so I assume he was told that by Ford. He has been on the ball with everything so far. Maybe he is wrong, I hope so.
How many of the 70 orders were for MY22? If 20 orders fell into MY22, and has 50 orders for MY21, 30-35% of that number is 15-17 Broncos for MY21. That would have put you right on the bubble.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in a similar situation... my dealer is getting like 30 2021s... I was #36 on the list... fortunately for me enough people ahead of me either cancelled or opted for 2022 and now I moved up to like 25 on the list.

If are stuck with a 2022... the positives are 2021 are short run... and you should be higher up on the 2022 list... so I would think you would get one of the early 2022s... AND you would have more options and no price change.

Makes me wonder if I should have opted for a 2022... :unsure:
Sponsored