Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That sucks OP. Really.

I have a time stamp of July 22nd, have 5 of the deadly sins and priority code 99. I was hoping for a 21. LMAO.

....now everybody just stop laughing!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly, everyone is talking about the 3000 line jumpers, like it's significant.

IT'S ONE FREAKING WEEK OF PRODUCTION!!!
How is it not significant? I have an early reservation with 4 of the high demand commodities, an extra 3000 people in line in front of me could bump me out a month or more depending on how many sasquatch parts they have in their initial stock, how many lux package items, how many 2.7s,.... Who knows with the chip shortage it could be months before they get something back in inventory.

It's a huge deal and frankly it's bull shit.

Bronco1981#

Wildtrak
First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not really, Sit back and enjoy. You also wont be getting a first year vehicle that could potentially have problems and zero part availability due to the world wide shortages. MY22 will be so much better!

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If are stuck with a 2022... the positives are 2021 are short run... and you should be higher up on the 2022 list... so I would think you would get one of the early 2022s... AND you would have more options and no price change.

Makes me wonder if I should have opted for a 2022... :unsure:
I am actually in opposite situation to the OP, I am looking to get bumped to '22 for the reasons you state. I am curious what options we think will be coming in '22. One thing I am hoping for is tops painted to match body color.

Bronco1981#

Wildtrak
First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not really, Sit back and enjoy. You also wont be getting a first year vehicle that could potentially have problems and zero part availability due to the world wide shortages. MY22 will be so much better!
That would may be the case if people received their 21 when first projected.. but now with people receiving them months before MY22 most won’t even have 10,000 miles on their Bronco... this will not be adequate time to find any issues that may arise and time to fix them.. you will be receiving the same Bronco as 21 they will probably roll off the same assembly line... Ford has made so many people wait and jump through so many hoops to just be disappointed.. these are not cheap builds ford should have a little more respect for the individuals ordering..

Sponsored

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the bottom line is how many parts are in the bins to build vehicles. If they scan forward and see they can't build it to completion, they won't start on it.
The chip shortage may hurt a good many more and now I am hearing of potential tire shortage!
It's getting about as bad as trying to get a vehicle bought during WWII !
Hell, there are shortages and back orders on simple things like front license plate brackets for 2020 F-150 pick ups!

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a growing feeling this exact same thing is going to happen to me. Im 7/14 at 8 am, and the entire time, my dealer told me I was within their allocation for '21. After I placed my order, I was magically outside of their allocation and most likely looking at '22. Really hoping that isnt the case with such an early reservation

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I get kicked to 2022’ I may look at different vehicle...cough* cough* Jeep Rubicon 392. Depends what my delivery outlook is. I’m not waiting another year for delivery
Those SOB's aren't really going to be growing on trees. You are picking one new product in a bottlenecked process for another!!!! If you really need a vehicle while you wait for what you want, you better look more towards something currently available in dealer stock.... Just an idea...

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like I have said before, send the Broncos to where they are supposed to go! WTF is the point of a time stamp reservation if they don’t honor the effing time stamp because why? your dealer has an effing allotment restriction! I myself did not reserve until 7/29 so I get it but it’s still effed up.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer has 550 orders, I am order 97. I was a 7/14 8am reservation.

They are telling me that they expect me to get a MY21 with summer delivery.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How is it not significant? I have an early reservation with 4 of the high demand commodities, an extra 3000 people in line in front of me could bump me out a month or more depending on how many sasquatch parts they have in their initial stock, how many lux package items, how many 2.7s,.... Who knows with the chip shortage it could be months before they get something back in inventory.

It's a huge deal and frankly it's bull shit.
True. I don't really agree with the priority thing Ford sprung on everyone last week, but don't assume all those 3,000 are jumping ahead either. I think of it this way too, many of them are probably first/second day reservation holders and their dealer ensured they'll get a MY21 by prioritizing them.

Either way, spots were taken by the priority list and some were bumped back. We'll never know who specifically since this is just a big ol mess for many various reasons. Some they had control of and some they didn't.

Good luck to you.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those SOB's aren't really going to be growing on trees. You are picking one new product in a bottlenecked process for another!!!! If you really need a vehicle while you wait for what you want, you better look more towards something currently available in dealer stock.... Just an idea...
And they are way too much money for an ugly ass Jeep.

OffRoader90

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Impala FLEET BABY!!!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Damn OP, that sucks. As a CT guy myself just curious your dealer. I think the sentiment is that yes, it would be sweet to be the first one on the block/trails with these bad boys or girls. I think honestly, (speaking from a 7/16 order 7:45am standpoint, with the seven deadly sins) i would like to see the issues ironed out with the first roll out, regarding any (lets be real likely) recalls, and if mine comes in MY22, all gravy. Hopefully my car lasts until then, but we shall see. I think the expectations that a summer 2020 reservation is likely to turn into a 22 MY, which sucks but with all the supply chain issues, hell we have waited this long, what's a couple of more months. More money for the down payment or accessories they just rolled out.

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven't had time to read through all the replies but if you're worried about going longer without a vehicle, have you looked at a subscription option? Volvo offers a few options for a monthly rate. https://www.volvocars.com/us/care-by-volvo/ I believe it includes all maintenance and insurance so take that into account when you're looking at prices.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't had time to read through all the replies but if you're worried about going longer without a vehicle, have you looked at a subscription option? Volvo offers a few options for a monthly rate. https://www.volvocars.com/us/care-by-volvo/ I believe it includes all maintenance and insurance so take that into account when you're looking at prices.
Or maybe renting someone else's Bronco in the interim. I wonder how much they will go for?

https://turo.com/
Sponsored